Ratings for Dr. A Pettle

Dr. Pettle is in high demand for very good reason & is worth the wait. He provides his undivided attention which is hard to find with doctors these days. When you need his expertise you don’t want to be rushed. I’m thankful for the ladies up front and for the always lovely Carol. It’s been nothing but a pleasure in dealing with you. Thank you for the years of positivity & knowledge you’ve provided all of us.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2018

I was diagnosed with PCOS in my thirties (20 years ago), without normal regular periods or sometimes any periods at all (since puberty). My family doc put me on Provera to induce a menstrual cycle every 3 months and that along with the birth control pill seemed like all they could do for me. PCOS at that time was a catch all for all hormonal imbalances and the birth control pill its only fix. I was infertile in the time I should have been having my family. By choice, I did not pursue fertility treatments. By age 40 I was concerned with the lack of answers in traditional medicine regarding my condition and feared for my risk of reproductive cancers. Fast forward to 8 years ago when I started under Dr. Pettle's care. With his knowledge, experience and bio-identical hormones I have been able as a 51 year old woman to have regained a normal menstrual cycle with little to no peri-menopausal symptoms at the moment. I stopped all of my bio-identical hormones and supplements 6 months ago and I've never been in better health—my menstrual cycle is normal now without any hormones at all— thanks to Dr. Pettle. My body has been trained on what normal should look like and is finally doing it. Not only is Dr. Pettle a pioneer in his field — this man changed my life! I finally feel normal and I am enjoying the health I should have had years ago when doctors told me they didn't know what was wrong or how to fix it. For all the negative comments on this board over what may have been a bad day in the office, remember my story. My goal was to become healthy and balanced before I hit menopause. Dr. Pettle got me to my goal. Thank you Dr. Pettle. I'll never forget you.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2018

As a young female, Dr. Pettle helped me through one of the hardest times in my life. He was able to assess my problem and offer helpful information, when other physicians were pushing me towards unnecessary medication. He loves to educate his patients, which I can appreciate. Long wait times and questionable staff are things Dr.Pettle is aware of - I've recently seen the office undergo some changes (new technology, new staff). Hopefully this translates into a smoother ship!

flag | Submitted February 1, 2018

Overall a bad experience for me - tremendous long waiting times, no technology, no online records, unfriendly staff, the whole family works there and if they have an emergency, the whole office is closed for days. When he mixed up my prescription I finally left. Pioneer in his field but he should mentor a successor.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2018

Dr. Pettle is the most knowledgable, attentive and kind doctor. He thoroughly listens and thoroughly goes through my results every time to be certain I understand what is happening with my body and how to work towards optimal health. My mother and sister are under his care and thankful for it.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2017

Dr. Pettle saved me. He is a unique character. His motivation is genuine. When I first saw him I was a complete mess with periods that were out of control and estrogen belly from the pill that my OBGYN put me on. Within a month I felt fantastic. That to me was worth every penny.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2017

- Rude - Unprofessional - Unethical - Only in the practice for the money - When you will experience emergency situations will not get you in for an appointment or return calls or faxes. - Family owned business - his daughters are rude beyond belief and his wife is a jealous mean deceitful woman that treats his patients with contempt and hate. - Doctor Pettle pushes medications like EstroSense and Lorna's medication from Yorkdowns Pharmacy which if you dropped in the toilet you would see that they swell up to the size of a cotton ball - god knows if the ingredients are actually in there. - BioIdentical hormones do work but he stops monitoring you to send you off the rails - then is excited when he can diagnose you again. - Be cautious - you will spend over 500 dollars to be with him annually then you have to pay hundreds more for his recommendations and hormones. - Be prepared to wait 2 or more hours - he does not care about making you late. - He believes having a period more than once a month is normal and not having bowel movements is acceptable. - He used to be a good Doctor until 2008 when that all seemed to change. - Pushes his literature on you! - The office is very outdated and dirty (tax purposes?) - Bad parking at the location - Will not help you when you need it - be cautious!

flag | Submitted July 10, 2017

I had Menopause issues and Dr. Pettle changed my life . I had a hormonal Blood panel test showed significant issues with too much Estrogen. I took his advice and felt extremely better. My journey began I went on Bio-Identical Hormones and my life changed more energy happier and I suffer from i-Polar2.ave me changed my depression, energy and pain significantley. Dr Alvin Pettle and his wife Carol are so knowledgeable and helpful. All the suppliments and Hormones I am taking are making my life free of symptoms that a lot of woman suffer because their family Dr. is ignorant that there is a solution to the Hormonal imbalance they are experiencing. I hope all woman would have a chance to get the help they need and deserve from these gifted people in the Bio-Identical Hormone Field. Did you know 34% of women commit suicide when going through Menopause that's a serious number. Thank YounDr. Pettle Carol and staff for changing my life. Happy Healthy and younger and stronger for 57 yrs young . thank You from the bottom of my Heart.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2016