Ratings for Dr. John McConnell

Dr. McConnell is the absolute best doctor I have ever met. He actually listens to what I have to say, and takes my concerns seriously. He is open to hearing about any research I have found on my own time, and testing me just to be sure. He has happily given me referrals to specialists. He has a very kind and gentle demeanour. He is not one of those doctors that are absolutely set in their old fashion ways. He's not out just to send you off with a bag of pills. This is a doctor who truly cares about their patients, and makes the not so fun experience of *needing* to see a doctor, quite pleasant. I have never waited any longer than 15-20 minutes. I have since moved away from sylvan lake, however i still drive 30 minutes to see him. We really struck the jackpot on this family doctor, for the first time ever. He's a keeper. I would highly recommend him to anyone!

flag | Submitted January 20, 2017

Hands down the most amazing doctor I have ever had. Me and my wife have gone to him and he is one of those doctors who actually wants to figure out what is wrong not just precribe something. He is very knowledgeable and takes the time to explain things. My wife is an RN and he uses medical lingo with her and then dumbs it down for me and makes sure I understand everything. We are now having our first child and although he is not my wife's maternity DR he still helps her with all her needs anyway. He is usually fairly easy to get into and the friendlest person ever. Would highly recommend this DR.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2016

Such a very nice physician!! Although he could work on his punctuality, he is worth the wait. He offers a non rushed visit and enjoys my accent as well....lol!!! :)

flag | Submitted February 20, 2016

Dr. McConnell is one of the BEST Dr's I have ever had in my life! I have had health problems my whole life and FINALLY I have a Dr that CARES about MY health and is doing something about it!! Within a year of being in his care we have answers!! and I am slowly getting healthier and feeling better :) He is on the ball is up to date on all current medical issues. He is caring, compassionate, take the time to actually LISTEN to his patients not rush then out the door with a mitt full of scripts. Dr. McConnell is truly one of those dr's that was meant to be a Dr. I would recommend him to anyone who lives in Sylvan Lake.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2015

Dr. McConnell is very up to date with current research for best practice! He is compassionate and caring and takes the time to get to know his patients. He is passionate about what he does each day! I would recommend him of you live in Sylvan Lake or surrounding are!

flag | Submitted January 8, 2015