Ratings for Dr. Steve Y Kim

He's knowledge is limited and he does not look at all the pictures of the patient case. May be he is busy but he did not even give me as a patient a chance to discuss other alternative for treatment. He was rushing me to have biopsy for my prostate.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2016

I attended the emergency department of Southlake Hospital with a significant right kidney stone that required surgical intervention and a hydronephrosis of my left kidney. The emergency physician was kind and attentive and advised me that Dr. Kim had been contacted by phone for advice but that he would not be coming in to see me. His office however would be in touch with me over the next few days for an urgent follow up appointment. A week passed. I called the Urology Clinic in Newmarket and was told that Dr. Kim had moved to Alliston and was provided his telephone number. I called the number, reiterated my story to his secretary and was provided an urgent appointment for the following day. I drove to Alliston (an hour away), in significant discomfort, saw Dr. Kim, who was extremely knowledgeable and informative, and was subsequently scheduled for urgent surgery the following day with a colleague, who was to be on call. (Dr. Kim would like to have helped me but he was no longer on call and no longer had privileges to schedule the urgent surgery under himself). I must say that Dr. Kim was professional, kind, knowledgeable and attentive however, I question why a surgeon, who is on call at Southlake Hospital, and paid to be on call, does not attend a patient requiring urgent surgery. I question why the patient must be proactive in calling his office, now in Alliston, leaving messages, and finally receiving an appointment. I question what an elderly patient, who does not drive, would do as a means of arriving in his office in Alliston. And, most importantly, I now understand why Dr. Kim did not attend Southlake Hospital to consult my case, when he was on call, as clearly coming in from Alliston is a wee bit of a drive. Tremendously disappointed in Dr. Kim for not maintaining his obligations to his call duty but also tremendously grateful for the urologist that stepped up to provide me with outstanding care.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2015

I have been a patient of Dr. Kim's since late 2012 and really was impressed with his caring, knowledge and attentiveness to my problem. I have suffered from chronic UTI's and he made every effort to resolve the issue, until the latest result. On January 2nd, 2015, I received a telephone message from his secretary, that he was referring me to an Infectious Disease Specialist. I waited and waited, and finally called his office, only to find out that he has now moved his office to Alliston. No getting in contact with his patients; no letter informing us of his decision, absolutely NOT A WORD, except a voice message on his Newmarket number. As far as I am concerned, this is absolutely no way for a young, promising doctor to treat his patients, especially when the last results showing the type of bacteria present was relatively serious. I am very, very disappointed with Dr. Kim and will decidedly not recommend him to anyone. Shame on you, Dr. Kim.

Submitted January 20, 2015

Found out 4 weeks ago in have Kidney Cancer and Dr Kim has been on the ball with me sending me for test after test just to make every thing goes good after surgery. He tells you everything ,why he is doing the things he has to do and recovery time etc, etc. I have check him out with other Doctors and Nurses and all was Good.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2014

Dr Kim is new to Newmarket and we are VERY VERY happy he is here. This is a wonderful Dr. He is very caring spends time explaining things to you, is very knowledgeable. I could go on and on about Dr Kim. If it was not for him I am not sure where my husband would be. Out of the choices Dr Kims the one.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2014