Ratings for Dr. Lisa Altuglu

I have had a bad experience with a Preferred Provider, Lisa Altuglu, MD. My first and last visit with her was on February 27, 2017. The minute she heard me state that my past physician group included a Naturopath, she became very smug and arrogant. She spent 15 minutes with me and submitted diagnosis to my insurance company that was not based on information from previous doctors, but was based on over the counter medication I was prescribed by a surgeon and a highly respected digestive order/liver specialist for acid build up in my stomach due to surgery. When I questioned this, she stated that I needed to find a different doctor. She is obviously one of those doctors that sees herself as the Almighty. She had stated during my visit that she would need to see me at least 4 times/year. Based on this and the amount she charged my insurance company for this first visit, I would say she is chasing money not the patient. In addition, she did not bill my insurance correctly so that I am burdened with a co-pay. Since telling me I need to find a different doctor, she has refused to correct the billing.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2017

Worst Dr in US. No integrity or ethics. Lies to patients and staff makes threatening comments. She does not send out referrals when needed due to her wanting all the funds for treatment regardless of its effects on the patient. Yells your personal information in front of other patients violating Dr patient confidentiality.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2014