Donna Tabas, CNM, M.S.

Outstanding Staff Badge
World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Donna Tabas, CNM, M.S.

Donna is truly one of a kind and I am so thankful to have had her attend both of my births. Donna possesses a unique set of skills that greatly lower a woman's chances of having a c-section. In particular, her patience during labor, her skill in fetal repositioning techniques, and her knowledge of proper body mechanics. Some people do not use midwives due to safety concerns. However, Donna is experienced, well-read, conscientious, and thorough. She delivers at the hospital and has a backup obstetrician available at all times for questions or complications during delivery. I myself am a physician, and it was important that my care provider be technical and evidence-based, and this is exactly Donna's approach. This, coupled with her respect for the physiology of birth and the body's natural abilities provide her clients with the best of both worlds. Using Donna is like having your best friend manage your pregnancy. You can't put a price on being able to have all your questions and concerns answered. I never felt rushed during an appointment (she does home visits), and it was always easy and convenient to be able to reach her directly on her cell phone. Pregnancy can be an extremely stressful time and whenever difficulties arose, there was nothing like having Donna as my care provider. I was able to discuss all my concerns and preferences with her at length, and she was an invalubale resource when making decisions. She is also the only one of my past care providers that suggested a preconception genetic testing panel which yielded very practical information. Her dietary and safety counseling for pregnancy was very detailed, and she recommended "Spinning Babies" exercises which made my birth significantly faster and easier. To top it off she is also very knowledgeable about breastfeeding and provided much assistance in this area as well. I wish more people knew about this amazing midwife so they could receive the outstanding care that I did. -Rachel Willams, M.D.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2019

im a birth doula and had an opportunity to work with Donna over this passed holiday weekend. i stepped in as a back up to this birth with little knowledge of the family or the pregnancy. without getting into detail, the birth had some complications. Donna took the time to help me understand all the medical aspects of this birth. i am so grateful for her time. watching her with her patient was amazing! she is caring, compassionate, and incredibly knowledgeable. i hope to work her again real soon!

flag | Submitted July 13, 2017