Ratings for Dr. Ian Assumption

My primary doctor is Dr Kumar but Dr Assumption has cared for me in crisis situations when Dr Kumar has been away. Ian handled my inpatient admission and he was amazing. The bad review does not do him justice at all. First time I saw him I immediately felt at ease with him. I can't review him for long term care but I know a nurse did tell me back in 2011 he was one of the best at Perth Clinic.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2017

Dr assumption is the only psychiatrist/therapist that I have ever stuck with and been able to develop a patient/therapist relationship with. I highly recommend him to anyone :)

flag | Submitted March 7, 2017

Undoubtedly one of the best psychiatrists in Perth, if not Australia. Incredibly brilliant doctor. As others have said he is quite blunt but in a caring way. Never dismissive or condescending. Will get to the core of a problem in a way other psychiatrists do not even consider. Very strong psychological skills where other psychiatrists just dish out the standard medication and give you the bill. Not an overstatement to say this man saved my life.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2017

Very knowledgeable and a genuine caring attitude. Gets to the source of the issues and provides practical life skills to manage them. The only mental health professional my wife felt truely at ease with.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2016

Dr assumption diagnosed was an absolute god send for us, we had a terrible psychiatrist who had filed my ex up with anti physctioc drugs, enough to kill a horse. with in a couple of months he was feeling human again, the drugs were sorted and life got back to normal...he has biopoloa. i would recommend Dr assumption to everyone

flag | Submitted October 8, 2016

The comment below (August 12) is incredibly unfair. Dr Assumption only sees patients weekly or fort nightly in the initial stages of treatment, this is to monitor the effects of medication and firm up the diagnosis. There is nothing exploitative about it, rather, it is very diligent and he works very long hours to fit this in. He prescribes anti psychotics for non psychotic conditions because there is evidence that in low doses they enhance the effects of anti depressants. Everything he does is backed by evidence and research and he is willing to share this if you ask. He is rather blunt but in a caring way and he can't be held responsible for matters that go wrong in people's lives outside of treatment. He just provides tools and assistance, and it is unfair to expect more. My life has changed dramatically since seeing him but I had to work hard myself, he didn't do it for me. Some of his receptionists are very rude and condescending though, and provide their two cents on matters that do not concern them.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2016

The worst most arrogant Psychiatrist. Miss diagnosed me. Under his care I lost my job, my relationship and destroyed any chance of getting the right medication needed. He is happy to palm out anti psycotics and stack anti depressamts and will want you to keep coming back weekly or fortnightly. I attempted suicide after being his patient.

Submitted August 12, 2016

Dr Ian Assumption is by far one of the best Psychiatrist in Australia. He is highly effective, caring, supportive and engaging. He takes a genuine interest and involvement in you and your life. I would highly recommended his services to anyone.

Submitted July 14, 2016

Best psychatrist in Perth by a long shot. Straight shooter but very good at listening

Submitted June 15, 2016

Caring, clear communicator, very clever. Would highly recommend him and I'm really fussy when it comes to health professionals.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2015