Ratings for Dr. Ian Assumption

Ian assumption has been my psychiatrist since 2009. He gave me the courage to flee an abusive relationship. He gave me the courage to heal from horrific sexual abuse that I endured for many years. Ian is a very good listener and yep he is a really great encourager. I have an amazingly complex and volatile relationship with my Mother and ian has gently steered me along the middle path while wisely helping me rebuild my life after serious isolation related to trauma triggers. Ian is a punctual doctor. His staff are just really great. Love them all

flag | Submitted April 18, 2018

Dr Ian is the best Phyciatrist in Perth. We have an excellent patient Dr relationship. He is an amazing person. Will recommend him very highly to anyone.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2018

I've never met some one so unaware of themselves Jesus was this guy trained in the 1950s? His view of the world was that of our prime minister LMAO

flag | Submitted February 18, 2018

BEst physciatrist every!!!!!! i have been seeing him since 2004 and its now 2018. Can't fault him and we have formed the most amazing patient doctor relationship :)

flag | Submitted January 17, 2018

My primary doctor is Dr Kumar but Dr Assumption has cared for me in crisis situations when Dr Kumar has been away. Ian handled my inpatient admission and he was amazing. The bad review does not do him justice at all. First time I saw him I immediately felt at ease with him. I can't review him for long term care but I know a nurse did tell me back in 2011 he was one of the best at Perth Clinic.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2017

Dr assumption is the only psychiatrist/therapist that I have ever stuck with and been able to develop a patient/therapist relationship with. I highly recommend him to anyone :)

flag | Submitted March 7, 2017

Undoubtedly one of the best psychiatrists in Perth, if not Australia. Incredibly brilliant doctor. As others have said he is quite blunt but in a caring way. Never dismissive or condescending. Will get to the core of a problem in a way other psychiatrists do not even consider. Very strong psychological skills where other psychiatrists just dish out the standard medication and give you the bill. Not an overstatement to say this man saved my life.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2017

Very knowledgeable and a genuine caring attitude. Gets to the source of the issues and provides practical life skills to manage them. The only mental health professional my wife felt truely at ease with.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2016

Dr assumption diagnosed was an absolute god send for us, we had a terrible psychiatrist who had filed my ex up with anti physctioc drugs, enough to kill a horse. with in a couple of months he was feeling human again, the drugs were sorted and life got back to normal...he has biopoloa. i would recommend Dr assumption to everyone

flag | Submitted October 8, 2016

The comment below (August 12) is incredibly unfair. Dr Assumption only sees patients weekly or fort nightly in the initial stages of treatment, this is to monitor the effects of medication and firm up the diagnosis. There is nothing exploitative about it, rather, it is very diligent and he works very long hours to fit this in. He prescribes anti psychotics for non psychotic conditions because there is evidence that in low doses they enhance the effects of anti depressants. Everything he does is backed by evidence and research and he is willing to share this if you ask. He is rather blunt but in a caring way and he can't be held responsible for matters that go wrong in people's lives outside of treatment. He just provides tools and assistance, and it is unfair to expect more. My life has changed dramatically since seeing him but I had to work hard myself, he didn't do it for me. Some of his receptionists are very rude and condescending though, and provide their two cents on matters that do not concern them.

Submitted August 22, 2016