Ratings for Dr. Sophie Mougos

We saw Dr Mougos last year when a friend recommended her, when we had seen another surgeon who my daughter didn't like. She was amazing and very patient with her and made her feel really comfortable. She had 4 wisdom teeth and 2 other teeth out and recovered really quickly with hardly any swelling. She showed her how to clean out the sockets which I had thought my highly anxious kid would never do! I saw Sophie again this year with my elderly mother who is having chemo. She was so gentle with her and organised everything with mums oncologist straight away. Fitted her in for surgery to fit in with her chemo, by getting the hospital to start early! Mum had no pain and was eating straight away. I must have looked pretty stressed by everything to her and she really went out of her way to take care of everything. She even bulk billed everything for mum which we never expected. She is so caring and I feel really understands what we are going through and I am so grateful there are doctors like her.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2016

Absoluetly appalling experience, staff with horrible manners who lie and attack you on the phone. Ran 45 minutes late. Totally unhelpful won't follow through with a simple request. Made me very anxious and feel genuinely distressed. No knowledge about possible interactions of other medical conditions with a surgery and no interest in finding out. Go elsewhere it's obvious all they care about is the money.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2016

Her practice runs very late. She is rather abrupt but gets the information across quickly and shuffles you out the door. Our surgery date moved twice and she ran two hours late on the day! It took me three weeks to get a receipt to be able to claim my money back from HBF and practice staff were extremely rude when I called to follow up numerous times. No follow up was done either post surgery! Disgraceful. See someone else.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2016

Dr Mougos may be good at her job but she runs a very unprofessional practice. She was running an hour late for our consult but her staff did not have the courtesy to call and tell us to come later than the appointed time. She expects full payment for the surgery 10 days before the date even though we were fully covered and the excuse is that health funds do not pay her for six months. It was thanks to the anesthetist that we were told to call the hospital on the day of the surgery to find out if they were on schedule and it turned out they were 1.5 hours late. Dr Mougos' staff did not bother warning us of a potential delay. Look elsewhere for a surgeon, there are plenty in Perth. This one is greedy and has no respect for your time. It's as if she is the most important person and nobody else matters.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2016

Dr Mougos does not give the impression she really cares about the outcome of your procedure, she's a bit of a Wham Bam Thankyou Mam- and from the look of her, it's alllllll about the money. I will be seeing someone else for future surgeries.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2015

Dr Mougos is a horrible, horrible dental surgeon. She is very rough. Once you paid your money, had your surgery and are in recovery, she will care about you anymore. DO NOT see her if you're considering implants.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2015

Knowledgable, friendly bedside manner, puts you at ease right away, interacts with you as a person, not just a patient, obviously did an excellent job in the end. Overall a great experience.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2015