Ratings for Dr. David B. Samadi

Dr. Samadi and his staff have been a pleasure to work with. From communicating swiftly with me upon my initial inquiry to calling me on a Sunday afternoon to discuss my reports. Dr. Samadi's staff is also top notch. I would highly recommend you consult with Dr. Samadi if you have prostate issues!

flag | Submitted June 25, 2016

Outstanding service from day one to discuss prostate cancer to now 5 year follow up. Best example, Dr. Samadi was there at 7AM, before my robotic surgery---and lat that night around 10PM, as I'm starting recovery and laying in bed---who walk in Dr. Samadi---13+ hour day. And he was there personally to give me an update and check on me. He is one of the very best technically, and more importantly a very compassionate and nice person. Could not recommend anyone more as a doctor or as a person.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2016

Dr.samadi is a great dr.and a caring dr. He cares about his patients. Also Lenox hill is a great hospital with a special section just for his patients. His staff at his office are tremendous beginning with Marta,ann, maria, Yvette, Lina, Esther,izzy and more wonderful workers..overall a great dr and staff.god bless them.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2016

There's a reason why Dr. Samadi is the #1 Urologist in NYC! Five years post-op from my Robotic surgery and he still remembers who I am and still concerned for my health and well being. As the son of a doctor, I received extra attention whenever I had a medical issue but Dr. Samadi surpasses any and all care I've had in the past. My circumstances started out like most others with the detection of prostate cancer at the age of 51. My GP provided a referral to Johns Hopkins and I THOUGHT I was in good hands but I was mistaken. My procedure was aborted by an inexperienced surgeon that shouldn't have been allowed to work on prison inmates. Luckily for me a fellow Sailor heard of my situation and recommended that "if I did nothing else, just meet with Dr. Samadi". This turned out to be the best advise I've received in many years. A procedure that was estimated to take three to five hours in Baltimore was completed by a skilled surgeon in 59 minutes. I can't praise this man, surgical staff and office staff enough. Again there's a reason he's #1 and the best there is. Five years post-op and everything works the way it should. To my friend, smooth sailing and my endless gratitude

flag | Submitted February 15, 2016

I wanted to post an update and let everyone know that I can't say enough nice things about how great Dr. Samadi has taken care of me. He always returns my calls and emails and he follows up with genuine care and concern. Dr. Samadi saved my life 2 years ago with his special robotic and medical skills and I have been back to normal routine, working out and runnig right a way and with running my business. Just as important to mention is his wonderful office staff and his Lenox Hill team and special wing for his patientsI So for anyone as world renowned and busy as Dr. Samadi is to take the time to return your calls and emails is truly amazing. He is a wonderful caring person who happens to be the best there is anywhere. Did I mention a good sense of humor? Haha. Consider yourself lucky if you find Dr. Samadi he can save your life too. Good health to all.!

flag | Submitted February 12, 2016

The BEST!!❤️ a truly wonderful man. He's is everything you would want in a doctor.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2015

After my original PC diagnosis on Dec. 14, 2014, I consulted one recommended robotic surgeon and one radiology oncologist near my home in central NY. I was torn so I went to Dana Farber Cancer Institute in Boston for a consult and more testing to rule out high grade cancer. This lasted until late March 2015 with my surgery scheduled for April 22, 2015 with my local guy who seemed competent with over 1,500 procedures. I realized I hadn't really researched surgeons enough. I contacted Dr. Samadi via his website just to find out if he knew my local surgeon and if he would endorse him. His office called me the very next day, and I was able to speak with Samadi on the phone. He explained that although my doc was good, he recommended I go to NYC just to consult and that if I felt comfortable with he and his staff and facility, he would get me in on the same day for surgery at Lenox Hill that I was scheduled in Syracuse. He was telling me this on April 10th! So I saw him on April 14th, and became convinced that because of his compassion, commitment and incredible experience, I needed to go with the best. Samadi's staff even connected me with a former patient willing to share his experience and advocated for me to get into the American Cancer Society Hope Lodge in Manhattan for my recovery! Now I am about nine months post surgery and doing great. My PSA is well below zero and I have full continence and my sexual function is gradually returning. I've had great results, and I recommend Dr. Samadi to anyone facing prostate cancer where surgery is the preferred option.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2015

(9/18/15) After researching Dr. Samadi's extremely high success rate having performed over 6,000 robotic-assisted laparoscopic radical prostatectomies using the da Vinci surgical system and the SMART method he has personally developed and upon learning our insurance would cover him as an out-of-network provider, we flew from Kentucky to New York City to meet with him and for him to perform my surgery personally (as he does with all his patients). There are not enough positive adjectives to describe Dr. Samadi so, suffice it to say, that he is everything you would want in a physician. It has turned out to be the best health decision I have ever made as, is often the case, the pathology report conducted on my prostate post-surgery indicated that there was FAR more cancer in my prostate and a more aggressive form of cancer than my biopsy had indicated. Therefore, by acting quickly on deciding for surgery as opposed to all the other options I could have chosen and by selecting Dr. David Samadi to perform the surgery, I am cancer-free and feel great! Therefore, my advice is simple: If your insurance will cover Dr. Samadi, don't even look any further. Go to Manhattan and have him perform your surgery. By the way, the American Cancer Society operates a wonderful facility called the Hope Lodge that can accommodate up to 60 cancer patients at a time. Dr. Samadi's staff will work with you to try to get you into the Hope Lodge. My wife and I were fortunate to stay there for 13 days. There is NO cost to patients!

Submitted September 18, 2015

All I can say is that Dr Samadi is remarkable, exceptional, amazing, astonishing, astounding, sensational, incredible, unbelievable, phenomenal, outstanding, momentous, impressive, memorable, unforgettable, unique, out of the ordinary, and rare. A truly talented gifted surgeon who saves lives that sums him up.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2015

Before the praise MUST come the thanks to Dr. Samadi. My husband is 67 yrs old and had been having difficulty urinating. His PSA was slowly rising and from a fusion biopsy he was diagnosed with cancer..we panicked UNTIL our appointment with Dr. Samadi and his team. We called for a consultation after doing much internet research and had an appointment the very next day..We were greeted by a very pleasant receptionist and an exceptionally knowledgeable PA, Arta. She knew it all and was very patient to a frightened couple.. We then met Dr Samadi and were even more impressed.. His professional manner, compassion and knowledge of his field came shing through. We booked our appointment that day and knew we made the right choice. Here we are ,10 days post-op, and couldn't be any happier.. My husband is cancer free and he feels great.. If anyone has concerns about the surgery, what to expect after or the excellence of care we both received at Lenox Hill Hospital; please email me @ Nedrey@aol.com. Dr. Samadi is a skilled surgeon and a very compassionate human being. You truly "are in good hands"

flag | Submitted May 7, 2015

Dr. David B. Samadi's Credentials

• State University Of New York At Stony Brook, School Of Medicine (Grad. 1994)

Oxford