flag | Submitted December 15, 2015

After my original PC diagnosis on Dec. 14, 2014, I consulted one recommended robotic surgeon and one radiology oncologist near my home in central NY. I was torn so I went to Dana Farber Cancer Institute in Boston for a consult and more testing to rule out high grade cancer. This lasted until late March 2015 with my surgery scheduled for April 22, 2015 with my local guy who seemed competent with over 1,500 procedures. I realized I hadn't really researched surgeons enough. I contacted Dr. Samadi via his website just to find out if he knew my local surgeon and if he would endorse him. His office called me the very next day, and I was able to speak with Samadi on the phone. He explained that although my doc was good, he recommended I go to NYC just to consult and that if I felt comfortable with he and his staff and facility, he would get me in on the same day for surgery at Lenox Hill that I was scheduled in Syracuse. He was telling me this on April 10th! So I saw him on April 14th, and became convinced that because of his compassion, commitment and incredible experience, I needed to go with the best. Samadi's staff even connected me with a former patient willing to share his experience and advocated for me to get into the American Cancer Society Hope Lodge in Manhattan for my recovery! Now I am about nine months post surgery and doing great. My PSA is well below zero and I have full continence and my sexual function is gradually returning. I've had great results, and I recommend Dr. Samadi to anyone facing prostate cancer where surgery is the preferred option.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2015

(9/18/15) After researching Dr. Samadi's extremely high success rate having performed over 6,000 robotic-assisted laparoscopic radical prostatectomies using the da Vinci surgical system and the SMART method he has personally developed and upon learning our insurance would cover him as an out-of-network provider, we flew from Kentucky to New York City to meet with him and for him to perform my surgery personally (as he does with all his patients). There are not enough positive adjectives to describe Dr. Samadi so, suffice it to say, that he is everything you would want in a physician. It has turned out to be the best health decision I have ever made as, is often the case, the pathology report conducted on my prostate post-surgery indicated that there was FAR more cancer in my prostate and a more aggressive form of cancer than my biopsy had indicated. Therefore, by acting quickly on deciding for surgery as opposed to all the other options I could have chosen and by selecting Dr. David Samadi to perform the surgery, I am cancer-free and feel great! Therefore, my advice is simple: If your insurance will cover Dr. Samadi, don't even look any further. Go to Manhattan and have him perform your surgery. By the way, the American Cancer Society operates a wonderful facility called the Hope Lodge that can accommodate up to 60 cancer patients at a time. Dr. Samadi's staff will work with you to try to get you into the Hope Lodge. My wife and I were fortunate to stay there for 13 days. There is NO cost to patients!

Submitted September 18, 2015

All I can say is that Dr Samadi is remarkable, exceptional, amazing, astonishing, astounding, sensational, incredible, unbelievable, phenomenal, outstanding, momentous, impressive, memorable, unforgettable, unique, out of the ordinary, and rare. A truly talented gifted surgeon who saves lives that sums him up.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2015

Before the praise MUST come the thanks to Dr. Samadi. My husband is 67 yrs old and had been having difficulty urinating. His PSA was slowly rising and from a fusion biopsy he was diagnosed with cancer..we panicked UNTIL our appointment with Dr. Samadi and his team. We called for a consultation after doing much internet research and had an appointment the very next day..We were greeted by a very pleasant receptionist and an exceptionally knowledgeable PA, Arta. She knew it all and was very patient to a frightened couple.. We then met Dr Samadi and were even more impressed.. His professional manner, compassion and knowledge of his field came shing through. We booked our appointment that day and knew we made the right choice. Here we are ,10 days post-op, and couldn't be any happier.. My husband is cancer free and he feels great.. If anyone has concerns about the surgery, what to expect after or the excellence of care we both received at Lenox Hill Hospital; please email me @ Nedrey@aol.com. Dr. Samadi is a skilled surgeon and a very compassionate human being. You truly "are in good hands"

flag | Submitted May 7, 2015

FIVE GLOWING (SUPERNOVA) STARS FOR DR. SAMADI! The two urologists I saw before ever even having heard of Dr. Samadi did next to nothing, except keep me on Tamsulosin (Flomax) and perfunctorily perform the customary digital rectal exam. I was blithely advised that, for a man of my age (69), my "grapefruit"-sized prostate was perfectly normal and that it would be way too early to even consider having a resection, which could result in dire consequences. Meanwhile, my (noncancerous) prostate kept growing progressively larger, causing frequent blockages in my urinary tract; so that one morning I woke up unable to pee for three hours, and had to be rushed to the emergency room at Maimonides hospital and suffer the excruciating pain of catheterization without anesthesia. Dreading the thought of surgery, I did nothing -- until the urinary blockage became more severe and more frequent. (I found I had to keep a urinal by my bedside, so that every time I woke up during the night I'd urinate, because the longer I waited, the more likely the chance I'd be unable to void my bladder.) Finally, I could no longer tolerate my condition, especially because I was now getting blocked at my job and often found myself standing over the toilet, waiting 10 to 20 minutes for the flow to begin. It was at that time that -- THANK HEAVENS! -- I came across, via the Internet, Dr. Samadi, who advised me during our first meeting that had I waited much longer I might have done serious damage to both my bladder and kidney. Because I had allowed my prostate to grow to such staggering proportions, two separate resections (one in July of 2014, the other in November of 2014) had to be performed. Admittedly, recovery in my case was probably more difficult than normal and consisted initially of painful bladder spasms during the few days of catheterization, plus a more enduring (but tolerable) burning in the urinary tract at the end of each urinary session -- WELL WORTH HAVING ENDURED, because, as of this writing, I feel (in terms of being able to void my bladder) the way I did 35 years ago, before all this trouble started. Thank you, Dr. Samadi, from the bottom of my heart. You gave me my life back. And to all those reading this review, I urge you NOT to foolishly put off (the way I did) seeking the necessary surgical treatment you require, as soon as you notice you're experiencing difficulty urinating. The longer you wait, the more difficult the surgery (and recovery time) is likely to be. Joel Kovacik JoelBklyn@aol.com

flag | Submitted April 29, 2015

If you are reading this then we have much in common, or someone you care about shares the same pains and anxieties that my family and I have experienced. It's natural, and although there are no guarantees, hopefully, your outcome will be as good as mine. For this, I believe you are looking in the right place. I'm not going to say much about Dr. Samadi's technical skills and methods, and his knowledge of the prostate cancer he treats so well...there are many stellar reviews you can find concerning that, and the top shelf treatment you receive from him and his dedicated staff. I will tell you about what brought me to his office. It was May 2013 and I was 60 years old. I had no outward symptoms of the disease, and in fact, I found out somewhat by the good fortune of having an attentive G.P. In any case, I was referred to a local urologist and was told that I had prostate cancer. I was given a litany of choices for treatment and decided to seek another opinion. I followed up with a specialist at a reputable hospital and was told that I had a low grade, slow developing, non life threatening cancer, and that it was common but should be monitored. I went back for reevaluation in three months and was told the same thing. I followed up with another opinion and more testing at another well-known, high profile institution and was given a similar diagnosis. I followed that up in another three months and was told that in their opinion, the cancer was "inactive" and I was to have it monitored by my own urologist. Most people would be glad to receive such news, but somehow I was not comfortable with what was explained to me as "watchful waiting". I instinctively felt I was running out of time. Somehow the words "cancer, non threatening, and slow developing" did not belong in the same sentence, and in fact to me, seemed as illogical as the term " watchful waiting". I began reinvestigating the numerous options that were available and found myself as uncertain as ever. Through fate and good fortune I found out about Dr. Samadi after speaking to a former patient who passionately insisted I seek his opinion. Well, I now celebrate my "second" birthday on the date of my surgery (July 10, 2014). I am blessed. The cancer had not traveled , however the pathology report indicated that "its bags were packed and it was ready to move on". I waited this six plus months to write something here because in part, I still can't believe my good fortune and my results, especially the minimal side effects that had very little if any affect on my lifestyle. I know several people who have had this operation at other hospitals by other specialists and after hearing their stories, I can honestly and emphatically say that I CANNOT look at them in the face and say, "I know what you went through." As a matter of fact, with directions from the doctor and his staff, I was able to attend the annual induction ceremony weekend at the Baseball Hall of Fame in Cooperstown, New York, only two weeks after surgery, with no problems to speak of. Our experiences were THAT MUCH DIFFERENT. In conclusion, I realized quite quickly that it is much more than the clinical aspect and expert treatment I received that made a difference. In my opinion, Dr. Samadi just plain "gets" it. He understands and does not allow himself to be removed from the human aspect and condition of the situation that his patients and families are going through. He strives to treat the individual as well as their family. He is aware of their concerns and fears. In addition, he has managed to successfully impart this understanding, level of confidence, and humanity in his staff as well. Together, they provide the patient with the means and environment to deal with their illness. Again, there are no guarantees in life and ultimately we are responsible for ourselves and our own choices. I just thank God that my family and I were given this level of assistance when it was needed most. B. Canovas Staten Island, NY

flag | Submitted April 25, 2015

Who wants to hear “You have Prostrate Cancer”. After the initial shock and sheer numbness I accepted the fact and started to research all about prostate cancer, what are my treatment options, the risk associated with all the available options and where to get treatment? In my case it became quickly clear that a radical prostatectomy is the most promising and best option based on my age and diagnosis of the prostrate and malignant tumor. After interviewing different Doctors and talking to quite a few people who had that procedure done, it became absolutely clear my choice would be Dr. David Samadi. Yes, there are other good Doctors and surgeons out there, but Dr. Samadi clearly has; what I would call the “X-Factor”. What do I exactly mean by that? First, a radical prostatectomy is a clinical procedure whether it is done the classic way (open surgery), or robotically. (To that point anybody in his right mind would absolutely avoid open surgery. The advantages of robotic surgery out-perform open surgery by far.) For a clinical procedure numbers mean a lot. Dr. Samadi has done over 6,000 radical prostatectomies. He does up to 15 to 20 a week. That is far more than any other surgeon I interviewed, or know. That also means that he has seen far more cases and scenarios doctors with lesser surgeries have never seen before. Another very strong argument in favor of Dr. Samadi to be the distinguished prostate cancer expert he is. He has also developed the Da-Vinci System further and made some significant changes to enhance it. Therefore his success rate is 88% which is above other surgeons using the same technique. He definitely is a very gifted prostate cancer surgeon with gifted hands and has dedicated all his energy and know how to that cause. Then there is the hospital and after care. He has an entire wing at Lenox Hill Hospital in NYC just for his patients. The care is beyond what I ever experienced in a Hospital. The courtesy, competency and individual care by his staff is really way beyond what one expects. It truly helps the healing process and psychological toll such a diagnosis and surgery can take and have on yourself and your family. A radical prostatectomy is still major surgery even done robotically. Every body heals differently and it takes time, but such hospital care certainly shortens the recovery time drastically. After my catheter was removed, I went to the office for 2 hours and slowly increased my office hours daily. I started to play tennis again after 4 weeks (light hitting though) and did my first 3 mile run after 5 weeks. I am very grateful and privileged to have had Dr. Samadi take care of my prostrate cancer surgery. I especially appreciate that he is fighting for us every day. “Keep up the good fight Dr. Samadi and…thank you again for your dedication and vision how to improve prostate cancer surgery”. Theo Breitenstein, Montclair

flag | Submitted April 22, 2015

All gems in Manhattan are NOT in the "diamond district" of New York City ! There exists one at 485 Madison Ave. in the form of a world renowned urologic surgeon by the name of Dr. David Samadi. For a man, any man, who has been diagnosed with prostate cancer, he owes it to himself not to accept anything or anyone less than Dr. Samadi. Not only is he a urologist, urologic surgeon, oncologist, but one of the world's authorities on robotic prostatectomy, having performed more than 6,000 of these procedures .One might say well, he is well trained and has much experience ! That's very true, but it doesn't stop there, not only was he involved years ago in perfecingt the technique, but actually modified it so as to enable post operative patients better maintain urinary control, as well as sparing nerves critical for sexual intimacy. Hold on, it gets better ! He spends time explaining EVERYTHING ! He exudes compassion and is truly down to earth ! Need I go on ? I could but enough about him,,,, let's talk about his staff. ALL of his staff, in office and in hospital, whether on the brand new urology patient wing at Lenox Hill, or the surgical staff in the surgical suite, I have never seen or experienced such world class patient care and pampering ! OK ! By now you're asking "just how much is Dr, Samadi paying me to say all of these things" ! Well the answer is he has already "paid" me by recently removing a cancerous gland from my body which was a threat to my very life, utilizing his world renowned surgical expertise and talents, as well as state of-the-art technology ! God bless you and your work Dr. Samadi and each and every one of your staff !

flag | Submitted April 15, 2015

I am prefacing this review by saying any man that has an inclination that has prostate cancer should see Dr. Samadi & take his advice. Looking back in hindsight I will admit everything he told me was exactly true but I could not accept the notion of having surgery because of the many horror stories I heard about surgery. Being a man of 59 I felt I was still vital. After learning from Dr. Samadi's painless biopsy that I had cancer in July of 2014 I saw him 2 weeks after that so I could gather questions. During the next 5 months I waivered back & forth on what to do: surgery or radiation or nothing. I researched the different forms of radiation. I also consulted a surgeon at Sloane Kettering Hospital who then gave me a second biopsy. I spoke to a friend who had gone through the traditional 45 radiation treatments & had rectal bleeding the whole time. I spoke to another man that had radiation along with hormonal therapy & had the same symptoms of female menopause: sweating, chills, hot flashes for a year. I originally thought radiation was the less invasive procedure but then found the possible side effects of incontinence and impotence could be the same. There is also a 5% chance of getting rectal or kidney cancer from the radiation treatments. I heard the horror stories from 2 friends that had surgery by other doctors. It wasn't until I spoke to the author of a book explaining his experience with Dr. Samadi, that I heard a wonderful success story. In late December, I saw Dr. Samadi a 3rd time &I made the best decision of my life. Because of waiting from July to December I was not admitting I had cancer or what it could do to me. I should have because my father had gotten prostate cancer at age 60, received the traditional 45 radiation treatments & died 15 years later of lung cancer due to it metastisizing. Dr. Samadi now sternly educated me on the severity of prostate cancer. He made me see the reality that because of his Smart method surgery, I would not be a terrible statistic like men I knew. From the time I entered the special Dr. Samadi-5th floor of Lennox Hill Hospital I was propelled into a hospital experience that was like no other. Having 3 surgeries, I was very familiar with hospitals. Dr. Samadi's special wing looked like a 5 star hotel with each private room & its amenities. From the amazing staff to the confident and pleasant nurses to the gourmet meals that any of my guests could order, to the feeling of well being that everyone perpetuated. This wasn't a hospital it was more like a vacation in a fine resort. I had seen Dr. Samadi right before I walked into the operating room which gave me some additional confidence that everything would be ok. After surgery I never took a pain killer all the time I was there. Dr. Samadi visited me later that day to say everything went well and he was pleased. I was surprised to learn I could actually cope with my recuperation & once the catheter was out after 7 days I was improving. I only took Tylenol for 2 days. After 7 days I learned I did not have to do any remedial radiation & the pathology report was very good. An alarming surprise was the report told me my prostate was 50% full of cancer which Dr. Samadi did advise, there is usually more cancer in the prostate than what is shown from a biopsy. It hadn't spread to other places. I thought, what was traditional 45 treatment radiation going to do for me with such a high percentage of cancer in the prostate if I did not choose the surgery? I knew I made the right choice. ( please continue reading the remainder of my comments in the next groping)

flag | Submitted April 11, 2015

Dr. David B. Samadi's Credentials

• State University Of New York At Stony Brook, School Of Medicine (Grad. 1994)

GHI
MSP/BC Med
Oxford

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "The BEST!!❤️ a truly wonderful man. He's is everything you would want in a doctor. "

December 15, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "After my original PC diagnosis on Dec. 14, 2014, I consulted one recommended robotic surgeon and one radiology oncologist near my home in central NY. I was torn..."

December 10, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "(9/18/15) After researching Dr. Samadi's extremely high success rate having performed over 6,000 robotic-assisted laparoscopic radical prostatectomies using the..."

September 18, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "All I can say is that Dr Samadi is remarkable, exceptional, amazing, astonishing, astounding, sensational, incredible, unbelievable, phenomenal, outstanding, mo..."

July 29, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Before the praise MUST come the thanks to Dr. Samadi. My husband is 67 yrs old and had been having difficulty urinating. His PSA was slowly rising and from a ..."

May 7, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "FIVE GLOWING (SUPERNOVA) STARS FOR DR. SAMADI! The two urologists I saw before ever even having heard of Dr. Samadi did next to nothing, except keep me on Tams..."

April 29, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "If you are reading this then we have much in common, or someone you care about shares the same pains and anxieties that my family and I have experienced. It's ..."

April 25, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Who wants to hear “You have Prostrate Cancer”. After the initial shock and sheer numbness I accepted the fact and started to research all about prostate cancer,..."

April 22, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "All gems in Manhattan are NOT in the "diamond district" of New York City ! There exists one at 485 Madison Ave. in the form of a world renowned urologic surgeo..."

April 15, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I am prefacing this review by saying any man that has an inclination that has prostate cancer should see Dr. Samadi & take his advice. Looking back in hindsigh..."

April 11, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "My wife researched all surgeons and oncologic urologists in the world. She steered me to Dr. Samadi (whom I knew from my practice as a trial attorney) with the ..."

April 6, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Best in Class Worldwide- Dr. David Samadi needs no introduction. He is a world renowned surgeon with extensive experience and expertise. He is an artist, visi..."

April 1, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Samadi operated on my prostae(or his resident assistant saw the most , did the worst TURP of the past five I have had, operated with a powerfully resistant ..."

March 31, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"

March 1, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I wish I could give 7 Stars! Even the moment Dr. Samadi informed me I had prostate cancer in me, I already knew I was going to get excellent care. He is extreme..."

February 12, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "My surgery was completed by Dr. Samadi on Dec. 10,2014. I had completed a bizarre series of consultations with various physicians prior to the surgery and was..."

January 24, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I was apprehensive about having prostate surgery, but there was no need to be. The procedure was painless and the outcome completely corrected my problem. Dr...."

January 24, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Very pleased with the great results after the surgery .will elaborate in detail in a later post."

December 16, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Samadi's and his team are the most professional and caring compassionate professional experts in the field of Urology. I cannot express the gratitude I have ..."

December 3, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Would have given him 10 stars if that was possible. From beginning to end, Dr. Samadi and team were compassionate, caring and focused on achieving the best out..."

October 21, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Samadi and his staff, both in his office and at Lenox Hill, exceeded my expectations in every way. The professionalism and care that I have received from t..."

September 21, 2014
  • 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed

December 24, 2013
  • First Name changed from "David" to "David B."

October 20, 2013
  • combined ratings from Surgeon listing (DID: 3472535)

May 3, 2012