Ratings for Dr. Muhammad Shafiq

Super de bon neurologue. Je les bien aimée et a réussis a trouver mon probleme

flag | Submitted October 18, 2018

I don't see him often but he is always punctual and kind. He also considers the patient's concerns about medication, side effects, etc true collaborative care.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2018

I found Dr Shafiq to be very kind, considerate, punctual, knowledgeable, and above all, determined. He does not give up. Runs every test he can until he finds the answer. I think he is amazing.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2017

Referred by opthamologist after presenting with ptosis(droopy eyelid). Ordered CAT scan and MRI which were negative, said conditon was idiopathic(unknown cause) and benign.,,,did not notice aniscoria(unequal pupils). Obtained referral from opthmalogist to neuro-opthamologist in Halifax who reviewed case about 6 months later and interviewed me and with one 10 minute test confirmed neuron injury in neck from carotid artery dissection that subsequently re-canalized. Nerve repaired itself by 80% and relieved by explanation that eliminated chronic disease.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2014

Dr. Shafiq has always made time for me if my MS acted up. He is straight to the point and doesn't sugar coat anything which I like a lot. I would recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted September 5, 2013

Have difficult time understanding his thick accent. good doctor overall.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2013

Dr. Shafiq is one of the most passionate health professionals i've met. Amazing. Dedicated. Knowledgable. Worked over labour day weekend in 2010 (his weekend off) when he treated me for GBS. Without his proactive and immediate care my recovery back would have been a lot worse. We have a great health care system when serious stuff happens. I'm thankful.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2013

flag | Submitted January 16, 2013

If you are diagnosed as having seizures or MS , press hard to get a referral for a second opinion as Lyme Disease is sweeping our country and being misdiagnosed as these two things. It shows up areas on MRI scans as unidentified bright areas and many people are on seizure medications who do not need them as well as other meds when they need a long course of antibiotics. Question your doctors about their knowledge of this Lyme Disease condition .

flag | Submitted September 4, 2012

I think Dr. Shifiq is a great Doctor. He is Very kind and explains all the test results out fully. His staff is excellent as well. Very happy with our visits...

flag | Submitted March 18, 2011