Ratings for Dr. Kevin J. Welch

The office staff and dental assistants were wonderful. The dentist however left me quite upset. I visited the office with a broken tooth and a solution in mind. After the X-rays and general paperwork, I was waiting for his exam. Dr Welch viewed my X-ray from the wall and scoffed at the ease of the fix and rattled off we would do a root canal. I told him I would prefer to pull the tooth. He finally came into the room and explained why I was wrong in a very condescending way not allowing me to ask any questions or comment. He told me he couldn't pull my tooth because of "possible legal trouble down the road" (paraphrasing a bit) and told me good luck finding someone who would touch that and sent me home with a very small supply of pain medicine. The only positives of this visit are the office staff. I would definitely say that if you have any kind of fear or apprehension about visiting the dentist, avoid this office at all costs!

flag | Submitted April 30, 2016

Best described as get them in and hurry up and get them out. Dental hygienists seemed to be in a hurry, poorly trained, don't care attitude about the work, just get it done. About the only good point would be that he does a very good job of pulling teeth.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2016

I wanted to see Dr. Welch because he has such a great reputation in Indianapolis. The rude staff member that answered the phone said she never heard of Dr. Kevin Welch. I asked why Aspen would use a doctor's name that doesn't even work for them? She hung up on me.

flag | Submitted November 27, 2012