Ratings for Dr. Ekaterina Erendzhinova

We took our then 3 year old daughter to Dr Erendzhinova with my concerns over my child's growth. I have informed that my daughter is on a dairy-free diet and i have clearly stated that she grows better on this diet. I have asked for the Dr to run some tests to confirm the allergy / sensitivity. I have also asked to test my daughter for celiac desease and to run some other tests to see why my daughter was not growing properly. Instead, this Dr gave me a lecture of how important it is to eat dairy. She also looked at my daughters food diary and said: "Well, I dont see any butter, milk..." In the end of the appointment, I felt like i was not listened at all. I also felt like i was an unadequate parent. The Dr lectured me about the importance of following the Canada Food guide, also went into long explanation about the difference between milk protein allergy and lactose intolerance. The whole appointment I was just there LISTENING to irrelevant information. I was there with concrete concerns. Instead, I was given unnecessary details over what I already know. I was not listened. I was told to place my daughter back on to dairy diet. I was not given any test referrals. 3 months later i went back to the doctor to say that the dairy-diet failed. Something that I initially told the Dr. And guess what? She said, its OK to have my child on a dairy-free diet after all. But she still didnt refer us to any tests. I inquired about celiac desease and I was laughed at and brushed of as: "One child can not have all the deseases". I felt very silly. And guess what? My daughter was recently diagnosed with CELIAC! Also, in the end of the 2nd appintment, I asked the Dr to refer my daughter to a child development specialist as I thought my daughter might be autistic. She told me she didnt see any behavior challenges. And instead of referring to a specialist or at least asking to come back with this issue another time, she gave us another lecture about parenting. She "reffered" us to a parenting website. And guess what??? My daughter has been diagnosed with AUTISM! I would not recommend anyone to take their kiddos to this Dr. She does not listen. She just talks about all the theoretical knowledge that she has, it feels like she is reading a book in front of you, a paragraph that might be remotely related to a parental concern over their own child health. Parents are advocates for their children. Parents feels their children. Parents come take their kids to a doctor for HELP. To be listened to. To be directed further, for testing, to confirm their worries or make sure there is nothing to worry about. Parents dont take their kids to a doctor to be given a lecture and made feel inadequate. Dont go there. I have no idea why Dr Erendzhinova is practising as a pediatrician. Waste of time, to go to the appointment. And waste of time to get a proper diagnosis. I lost 1 year with autism and almost 2 years with celiac.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2017

My experience with this doctor was awful. We had no connection, my child, me and the Dr did not hit it off. I am my child's advocate and voice. This Dr is all on board with medicine and I know I will be getting a second opinion. I truly believe the way that she diagnosed my daughter in the first 10 minutes of our visit just made me believe that she needs to go back to school or train with a pediatrician that works with children daily... I recommended children's hospital. I also know from having more then one child and having to deal with issues for my other children that this Dr. was one of the worst I have deal with. The problem is she doesn't feel it is necessary to do testing and exhaust ever avenue before labeling the problem she feels medicine is what a 4 year old needs. To anyone out there that has there first child please always get a second opinion about something if you feel that you should. Just because a Dr is a Dr it doesn't make them right, They are human and make mistakes as well.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2017

Our experience with Dr. Ekaterina Erendzhinova has been negative. She is not clear in her speech (pronounciation as well as language) and has a lot of trouble explaining things. You can see someone's passion for their job in the way they treat their customers or in this case, patient. It was clear as day to see that she merely passed her exams in school and is here to collect a paycheque. She is not passionate about Pediatric's or children for that matter as she is robotic in her answers and is not a personable individual. She must have spent a total of 10 minutes with our child, didn't even try to connect with our child, had a very fake demeanour when speaking with our child and just seemed socially awkward. She seemed rushed and eager to move on to her next appointment which made us feel at such a loss as we have already been waiting months to see her. We feel that a few minutes spent with any child, especially a young child, is required to diagnose him/her with autism. We do not require a degree to understand this as this is simply common sense. At the end of the day, we were very unhappy with her and plan on getting a second opinion. I felt compelled to write this review as she has done nothing but confuse and upset our family. Regardless of our child's diagnosis, if our second opinion should echo hers; we would never go back or recommend her to anyone as she lacks the characteristics a true pediatrician should have and that's a heart and a love for children.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2016