Ratings for Dr. Mark J. Berkowitz

Him and his staff is fraud they over charge beware and he will take a tooth out that he is not suppose to save your life stay away from him

flag | Submitted February 15, 2017

fraud he raised my mercury level through the roof and with my heart condition he refuses to pre treat with antibiotics

flag | Submitted June 11, 2015

He comes across as the nicest dentist and person you could ever know and is extremely knowledgeable, especially about toxins in the body. But he used an inferior product on one of my crowns and it cracked after only 6 months and $1100 later. He wanted to charge me all over again. That's when I saw a different side if him. He wouldn't give me a break even though it was his fault. I would not recommend him. If something goes awry he will not want to hear about it. I went to another holistic-minded dentist and he said the crown material Dr Berkowitz used was inferior and that was why it cracked. It should have lasted 10 or more years. My insurance wouldn't cover the fee to have it replaced again so soon. I was out of pocket, not that he cared. I do not recommend him.

flag | Submitted December 24, 2014

Dr. Berkowitz is very knowledgeable but waaaay overpriced, waaaay overbooked, HUGE wait time, very rude office staff, barely any decent appointments available. I wouldn't go to him again. He doesn't have adequate equipment to safely remove amalgams and pretends what is has is adequate which upon research is shockingly of poor quality. You would be much better off finding someone else. Toxic overload from incorrect handling of amalgam removal is just that- very toxic to your whole body. Be kind to yourself and find someone else.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2014

After an aggressive treatment plan to remove a few mercury fillings and a root canal I started detoxing the mercury though my skin which was excruciatingly painful. He would not help me, said it wasn't his fault, of course after he had my money. Total cost $13,000. I found out from another holistic dentist(who doesn't know Dr Berkowitz)that the mercury vapors released into the air entered my skin pores as he didn't have any air filter in the room when I was there. He wouldn't admit his mistake and did not care that I was suffering horribly. When this new dentist told me his fees for mercury removal they were half the price of Dr B. Plus, he does it right and safe. I would not recommend Dr Berkowitz. I understand he has a high overhead and has to make a living but he's all about the money. I know "You get what you pay for", but my new holistic dentist is 100% better and less expensive and I didn't needlessly suffer. If Dr B screws up he won't make good on it. I should have sued.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2013

I absolutely love Mr.Berkowitz. After a bad experience when I was a kid, I was always so scared to go to a dentist again. I finally went... 8 years later... as you can imagine, I had a lot of teeth problems. He was able to fix most of them and he has known my parents for quite some time and knows we don't have much money so cuts us some lack but still does a great job. Everything he couldn't fix himself, he sent him to this friend who is also a dentist (and a great one!) and was able to get the job done. I still fear the dentist but nowhere near as much and I will be sticking with him!

flag | Submitted April 24, 2013

You get what you pay for, in this case, you get a very knowledgeable and helpful Dr. I have yet found a Dentist who is at the forefront of dental technology until I met Dr Berkowitz. Yes, it may be expensive but the guy knows alot about healthy living, metal toxicity and of course dental health. During the consultation, he explained how the mercury effects your body, mind and offspring. He is on the cutting edge of dentistry but does not stop there. Once the mercury fillings are removed, you need a process to cleanse your body. This is done with a blood test to measure organic and inorganic mercury levels. Once the analysis is done, you can see what level you are at. He knows how to help remove the mercury and what's interesting is he also lives the life. He has been cleansing using his own treatment so he basically practices what he preaches. He has opened my mind up to how toxic the world is and how to prevent toxic metal overload and possibly hoping to prevent alzheimers

flag | Submitted November 23, 2011

He way overcharges--charges NYC prices in a NJ location and may not work with most insurance carriers. Staff can be abrupt, rude and impersonal. Very knowledgeable and safely removes mercury from teeth, BUT if mercury gets into your blood/system, well, good luck with that, it's YOUR problem to deal with, not his. Once he has your $$$ he couldn't care less. He's more about $$$ than health. Be careful. Also, FYI, he did not do a very good job on my friends new veneers. Don't recommend him for cosmetic procedures. Proceed with caution and expect to shell out a lot of $$$.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2011