Ratings for Dr. Oscar Cruz Pereira

I would like to express my huge thanks to Dr Pereira and also to Dr Loomis. I have attended the endoscopy unit twice. I must say that by the time of the procedure, I was not at my best having not eaten for a day and a half. Also, I had been up since 4.30am, and was very nervous indeed on both occasions. On both occasions, the staff were really superb in every way. Thank you to everyone there for the fantastic job. However, the reception desk person was quite obviously in a nasty mood, which is not a great first impression to be met with.

flag | Submitted November 27, 2016

Was nervous seeing him because of a couple of nasty reviews here, but my GI was retiring and reassured me he hadn't heard anything negative about him. I had no issues with him or his receptionist. The bad reviews have similar writing style so sounds like it's the same person with a beef with his secretary writing reviews over and over. His secretary is like 9 months pregnant so might look bad if he fires her, but she was training her replacement, so you'll probably deal with a new receptionist anyways.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2016

This doctor's receptionist is rude, bossy, arrogant and will only deal by phone. She refuses to use email or voicemail. I don't like talking to her. I don't need the botched personality of one young woman to make my appointments, tests, exams as stressful as possible. Wish he'd speak to her or fire her.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2016

The doctor is professional and very talented but his receptionist ERIN is really abrupt and insulting. She needs to realise that she can make a difference in the day of a chronic sufferer just by responding with a professional attitude towards the patients. I love the doctor but not his staff and only deal with Erin because of the doctor.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2016

He took over my care after my doctor retired. He was running late, but he still spent a lot more time talking to me than any other doctor I've dealt with has. He went into things in a lot more detail than my previous doctor, and arranged for other screening test, like osteoporosis test, that had been neglected. His receptionist was very helpful in helping coordinate my various test and appointments.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2016

Erin his Receptionist is Rude. The doctor did an Endoscopy on me and he caused me so much pain day of and today from back of tongue to belly button. I feel he was very rough in shoving the camera down into me because I've had this test before and had no pain. Ham fisted doctor and his rude receptionist made this a unpleasant experience with this medical office. I recommend Dr. Denis Petrunia, Gastroenterology. He didn't cause me pain and his receptionist doesn't have a botched personality.

flag | Submitted May 31, 2016

Very nice and informative. Easy to get an appointment with.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2016

I was recently diagnosed with UC during my time at university. I had my parents drive down to take me to my colonoscopy appointment. The nurses were fantastic with letting me know how the procedure works. After my procedure was done, Dr. Pereira took the time to sit with my parents and I to discuss my new disease and explain everything thoroughly. He is an excellent doctor and I can't wait to go back and see him now that I am better.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2015

I've had a long-standing problem that Dr. Cruz Pereira kindly updated me on. He is very good about leaving written instructions with follow-up for those people who are sedated for their tests. I prefer to be unsedated and can say that he does a thorough exam most efficiently and I will continue seeing him going forward for follow-up.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2015

I received a phone call to set up an appointment by one of Dr Oscar Cruz-Pereira's receptionists ( and she was cheerful, informative, and totally professional. If this doctor is as good as his staff, he'll be great. If this site allows rating revisions, I'll update the other three scores after my visit.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2014