Ratings for Dr. Oscar Cruz Pereira

My first time meeting Dr. Cruz was for a colonoscopy. He is thorough, knowledgeable; gives you a lot of information and results after the procedure....Feel like we are on track to find out what is causing my medical problems.... Erin can be abrupt, but she does her job well.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2019

He is a wonderful doctor but his receptionist Erin is beyond rude. I have been so mistreated by her I am switching to another doctor.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2018

Receptionist Erin is extraordinarily abrupt, and rude in every way. I even witnessed her speaking to someone on the phone while I was sitting in the waiting room and she was eye-rolling and speaking harshly. I find it hard to believe that Dr Cruz Pereira would tolerate this behaviour.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2018

I have been a patient of his for 4 years. I have end stage liver disease and liver cancer I had seen 3 other GIs before him and he was the first one where I didn’t leave the office crying... he gave me hope. He has said one or two things that weren’t consistent with the transplant clinic in Vancouver but other than that I am very happy he is my doc. As for Erin, wow she has been wonderful to work with. But when she was off for maternity leave her replacements were not efficient. I had to call the office several times if I needed anything. I was so happy when Erin came back!!

flag | Submitted April 9, 2018

I've had two endoscopes done with Dr. CP - the first I was really nervous and felt he made a lot of assumptions about my lifestyle, which weren't based on more than 10 seconds of conversation. However, when I met him for the results he took time to talk about what was going on and gave me some good suggestions on how to manage it. Next time was easier and he was more pleasant - and when I received a positive diagnosis for celiac, I felt like he and his staff were on it right away (so soon in fact that his receptionist informed me I was celiac). Erin was pretty rude and abrupt the first time we talked, but I found her pleasant and helpful in my interactions after.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2017

I would like to express my huge thanks to Dr Pereira and also to Dr Loomis. I have attended the endoscopy unit twice. I must say that by the time of the procedure, I was not at my best having not eaten for a day and a half. Also, I had been up since 4.30am, and was very nervous indeed on both occasions. On both occasions, the staff were really superb in every way. Thank you to everyone there for the fantastic job. However, the reception desk person was quite obviously in a nasty mood, which is not a great first impression to be met with.

flag | Submitted November 27, 2016

Was nervous seeing him because of a couple of nasty reviews here, but my GI was retiring and reassured me he hadn't heard anything negative about him. I had no issues with him or his receptionist. The bad reviews have similar writing style so sounds like it's the same person with a beef with his secretary writing reviews over and over. His secretary is like 9 months pregnant so might look bad if he fires her, but she was training her replacement, so you'll probably deal with a new receptionist anyways.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2016

This doctor's receptionist is rude, bossy, arrogant and will only deal by phone. She refuses to use email or voicemail. I don't like talking to her. I don't need the botched personality of one young woman to make my appointments, tests, exams as stressful as possible. Wish he'd speak to her or fire her.

Submitted August 19, 2016

The doctor is professional and very talented but his receptionist ERIN is really abrupt and insulting. She needs to realise that she can make a difference in the day of a chronic sufferer just by responding with a professional attitude towards the patients. I love the doctor but not his staff and only deal with Erin because of the doctor.

Submitted August 18, 2016

He took over my care after my doctor retired. He was running late, but he still spent a lot more time talking to me than any other doctor I've dealt with has. He went into things in a lot more detail than my previous doctor, and arranged for other screening test, like osteoporosis test, that had been neglected. His receptionist was very helpful in helping coordinate my various test and appointments.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2016