Ratings for Dr. Joel R. Efron

Shaky hands during surgery are frightening. Are surgeons okay to have shaky hands during surgery? Informative videos are out of date and I don't think I fully understood how intrusive the procedure was going to be.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2016

The rest of the staff is nice but find a different doctor! Knowledgable but has an air about him and is not interested in keeping you informed ( about your own mouth). Spends very little time. Explains very little about procedures. Not interested in making you comfortable or explaining treatment plans. Aweful bedside manner. After sharing my experiences with others they have had the same things happen.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2015

I didn't have an issue with Dr. Efron and I'm surprised by all the bad reviews. I went there to have 3 wisdom teeth pulled. On my first visit I had to wait 45 minutes, which annoyed me since I was 15 minutes early for my appointment, so I had to wait for over an hour. But I had my teeth pulled with local anesthesia, didn't feel a thing. He seemed like he knew what he was doing. Was a little worried about his shaky hands, wouldn't think a surgeon with shaky hands would be a good thing, but it turned out fine.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2014

flag | Submitted August 13, 2014

Does not inspire confidence. Shows no interest in his patients. Doubt his knowledge and appalled by his lack of commitment and professionalism. Walked out of the office. Glad I did based on these reviews.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2012

I still have nightmares after my experience with this doctor. He didn't give me enough anesthesia, so I remember the experience...but he denied it until I brought up specific incidences that I remembered.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2010

Saw me for 5 minutes as a new patient for a surgical procedure. He was rushed, not pleasant at all, seemed like he could care less if I went ahead with the surgery or not. Terrible bedside manner, not compassionate. Others have said condescending, pompous, etc- seems right on!

flag | Submitted February 16, 2009

Pompous, dishonest, not informative, condescending, rushed. Avoid at all costs.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2004