Ratings for Dr. Catherine McLeod

I am very pleased with the result and I would recommend going here

flag | Submitted November 28, 2016

She is absolutely amazing, I LOVE my new smile and her staff is amazing .

flag | Submitted November 24, 2016

She is great! Amazing to deal with! This is not a complaint but she is very serious, I wish she smiled more!

flag | Submitted November 18, 2016

My husband and I are impressed with Dr Catherine McLeod and her staff. We are thrilled with our daughters new smile. Dr McLeod completed her treatment 6 months early. My daughter now smiles in family photos. We highly recommend Dr McLeod to our family and friends.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2016

Dr. MacLeod is lovely and caring. You can tell that she is very engaged in her work and wants to give you the best result.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2016

After over 2 1/2 years and $7000.00 she radically changed her treatment plan after I told her that I didn't like the angle of my daughter's teeth. She liked the idea of extracting one of her permanent front bottom teeth. This came as a shock to us, as the treatment before she said she'd have her braces off in 6-8 weeks. I called another Orthodontist, that had to take all of the brackets of her top teeth because he said that was the reason they wouldn't go back-she had the wrong brackets on!! After all this time her bite was still off as well! Now I have to pay more money, and my daughter will have to have braces on for another 1 1/2 years to fix the mess she made. When I called her office to get her to send all the files to another office, they didn't even ask why or what was the problem. After 3 weeks she had someone else call me from her office to see what the problem was. I told the employee that I am a professional as well, if I had a patient unhappy with me or my treatments, I would have called them within 24 hours and not send an employee to mop up my mess!

flag | Submitted November 11, 2016

I was not happy ---too much emphasis on money and not enough on spending time and explaining and listening ! I would not go here again !

flag | Submitted October 24, 2016

Get a second opinion -was supposed to get my braces off in the next visit and was not happy !Now I need another year or so to be completed correctly at another orthodontist !

flag | Submitted October 22, 2016

Did not have a good experience with this orthodontist I would not recommend her to my family or friends. Not to mention she's never on time for appointments.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2016

My personal experience with Dr. McLeod has not been a good one. As I transferred from Dr. Smith to Dr. McLeod after the former's retirement, the contrast was staggering. Throughout my time with Dr. McLeod she was very condescending and arrogant. Trying to steamroll me into increasing my treatment length, and dismissing my opinions and feelings in regards to this. After my treatment was finished, my bill was not completely paid, however Dr. Smith had a payment plan, so I expected to continue to make payments according to the plan we agreed upon before commencing my treatment. I had to fight Dr. McLeod on this, as she was insisting I pay the whole lump sum before my treatment finished. I finally won, and continued on the payment plan. Recently I received a statement from Dr. McLeod's office, stating I still owed over $1200. Going through my personal statements, I calculated a vastly different and lower number. Confronting the office yielded a third number. Please beware this office. Not only is Dr. McLeod someone who will try to steamroll you into treatment options you may not like, she will also try to continue your treatment past what is necessary, despite personal protestations. Her office also seems to be either disorganized or trying to cheat customers, as I have heard others have had similar problems with payment plans.

Submitted May 31, 2016

Dr. Catherine McLeod's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

A Dalhousie alum and honours graduate, Dr. McLeod received her Bachelor of Science and Doctorate of Dental Surgery from Dalhousie University in 2006, where she was recognized with awards for her clinical research achievements. After her dental training, she completed a one-year, full-time pediatric dental residency at the Toronto Hospital for Sick Children where she provided dental care for children with medical complications and special needs. This additional training in treating children developed her gentle caring approach to dealing with patients of all ages and a deep understanding of how orthodontics can provide a transformative life experience. Dr. McLeod attended the University of Manitoba to pursue three years of specialty training in orthodontics and dentofacial orthopedics, and earned both her specialty certificate in orthodontics and Master of Science in 2010.

• English