Ratings for Dr. Amir Assili

Repaired a torn tendon in my ankle. Best experience for a trying time. Dr. Assili was very informative and explained the whole process and the recovery went very smoothly. Very capable and trusting. Rec to anyone

flag | Submitted October 2, 2016

You have a foot problem? Then run, walk, hobble, or crawl to see Dr. Assili. Of all the doctors I have had throughout the years, he is the one I like and trust the most. I have had a couple of problems on my foot going back 7 or so years. Each time, he approached this conservatively. My latest problem did have to involve surgery, unfortunately. He uses the surgery center over on Piccard. Everything from getting it scheduled, to the surgery, to post op went very smoothly. I appreciate his candor, his bedside manner, his promptness in seeing me or answering questions I have outside of the appointment. My two children have visited him as well and both have agreed with me that he is the best. My daughter told me that if her condition ever returns again, that she will travel all the way from her new home in Oregon to see him as he figured out her problem when other podiatrists didn't. He is simply awesome. If I have one negative -- and it isn't all that bad --, it would be the office staff. They are efficient, but I wish they were a bit more friendlier and warmer. That aside, Dr. Assili will be my podiatrist for life!!!

flag | Submitted January 16, 2016

I originally sought help from Dr. Assili due to a combination issue of chronic bone spur on my heel and a gross deformity on my right foot which was growing and becoming worse with age. As I am on my feet at work 12+ hours per day, I found I was no longer able to limp through the pain of either the bone spur on my heel or the shearing pain of the bones in my feet moving and separating from their intended position. At this point, I feel I must address the office and office staff as they are the backbone of the practice. Everyone in the office is extremely friendly and helpful, address the patients by name and seem genuinely concerned with any problems which arise. They are patient and caring, and have always helped in any way they can to assist patients with their issues. I was even seen in a semi-emergent status during a snowstorm! The office waiting room is quite clean and well maintained. I have never waited longer than about seven minutes to be taken into a room, and I am usually early. From the very first office visit and consultation, I was impressed with the professional demeanor and knowledge of the physician. He took the time to explain in detail the nature of my problems, the options for repair and healing and the expectations set forth as both patient and physician. After a trial of physical therapy, I was scheduled for surgery on my right foot. Despite the extensive repair of the deformity, there was only minor discomfort post-operatively. Although I was non-weight bearing on crutches and in a wheelchair for three months, I had no issues with any post-operative complications such as deep vein thrombosis (blood clots) or wound infection. Placed in a walking cast after a few weeks, I was able to move gingerly around on my heel. Frequent visits and X-rays proved, however, that the bones at one of the joints was not fusing (hardly a physician induced issue). Further therapy with a bone stimulator did the trick and the bones began to fuse together as they should. Due to my experience with Dr. Assili on my right foot, I chose him to correct my left foot which was not as severe, choosing to drive 500 miles round trip to see him as I moved out of the area. Again, minor pain after the procedure and lack of post-operative complications was the norm. At every office visit, and with all communication with Dr. Assili, he has been extremely patient and professional. Anyone needing a skilled podiatrist for wound care or surgical care to the feet cannot possibly go wrong choosing Dr. Amir Assili.

flag | Submitted May 31, 2015

Dr. Assili scared the h%ll out of me this winter. He diagnosed me with "posterior tibial tendon dysfunction." He wrote this diagnosis on a prescription pad page and handed it to me. He didn't explain to me anything about the condition. He simply stated that I had come "just in time." He encouraged me to buy Superfeet shoe inserts that he sold in his office and to come back in a month for orthodics fitting. I bought the inserts. I googled "posterior tibial tendon dysfunction" when I got home. Everything that I read frightened me. I subsequently saw two podiatrists this winter and spring. One works in a teaching hospital and trains podiatrists. Both podiatrists said that my tendon was "tight." Neither would venture to say that I had "posterior tibial tendon dysfunction." I simply had tendonitis that has now been effectively treated. I didn't return to Dr. Assili for the orthodics, in part, because I was suspicious that he took unnecessary x-rays of my feet. Literature on the internet suggests that my hunch was right. X-rays are not needed for a diagnosis of posterior tibial tendon dysfunction. I suggest to anyone that visits this doctor, or any other doctor, to ask questions. Know the basis for a diagnosis and the ramifications of the diagnosis before you leave the office.

Submitted May 22, 2015