Ratings for Dr. K Zhang

Have just gone through total knee replacement in June of 2017. Everything that could go wrong did go wrong. I landed up with infection even though I had none of the risk factors for infection. The worst part of my treatment with Dr. Zhang is his bedside manner, coldness of delivery of bad news. He was heartless and negative. God only knows why I landed up with infection and three surgeries. If I have to have more surgery it will not be with Dr Zhang.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2017

never called for a post op visit. Saw 15 months later. Was told vastus medialis muscle had been removed during knee replacement. Was told I could not strenthen the vastus medialis because it was not there. Was told I would have pain and inflammation for the rest of my life. Letter sent to my GP after this appointment says "he has significant muscular wasing of his quads, especially vastus medialis". "I instructed him to seek help from physio to strengthen and restore his muscle volume, especially vastus medialis". Physio is confused I am angry and am trying to get into see him again to see what really happened. The pain is so severe. Had my surgery almost 2 years ago and was never called back for follow up. The letter that was sent to my GP 15 mos after my surgery with an appointment that I had finally made myself says "This 71 yr old gentleman returned to Clinic on his request." Made it sound like I was bothering them and they never called me for a follow up. Very terrible experience.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2017

Absolute total waste of time. Waited months to get in to see a specialist and once there he treated me with total disrespect. When discussing my situation he got it in his head that I was looking for something I wasn't. I was looking for help to a longstanding, chronic, painful issue. He brushed me off so quickly I was shocked. Shameful treatment from a doctor that didn't even take the time to find out the facts or ask what my symptoms even were. My family physician referred me to his facility after months and months of pain and discomfort. Wonder how much that visit cost? I wouldn't recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2017

He did my knees, his work is above average. He explained the procedures in terms you can understand. Great with follow up. A real professional.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2017

I went into see Dr. Zhang because I have arthritis in my foot and the metatarsal bones keep breaking. I have been complaining to my GP my hip has hurt for years. Dr. Zhang did and x-ray guess what I need a total hip replacement. I wish I would have checked with him sooner. I like the fact if I ask him a question he answers in layman's terms with out me feeling like a idiot. Debra Taylor (Red Deer)

flag | Submitted January 27, 2017

Came into the room where I was waiting for surgery and immediately began talking about things that I really didn't want my family and friends to hear. Extremely private stuff. He obviously doesn't take doctor patient confidentiality very serious. Spent a week in the hospital and had two surgeries with him. My total face to face time with him over the week probably didn't exceed 10 minutes which would have been fine if he'd explained anything to me. For a few days I wondered what walking would be like as he removed half my muscle. I asked several times about recovery until 3 days later he finally said that the muscle he had removed half of wasn't important. Thanks for leaving me in suspense over that.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2016

Dr. Zhang did my hip replacement. Excellent surgeon, I healed well with no complications

flag | Submitted May 29, 2015