Ratings for Dr. Carmen Barnett

A wonderful and caring Doctor who puts you and your health a high priority and will listen and explain anything and everything that has to be done and how she expects the outcome to be and she never rushes your appointments an makes you feel that you and your problems are very important to her.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2017

Dr Barnett performed surgery on me in Barrie this year. Could not have had a better surgeon. She asked me at least three times if I had any questions or anything she could answer or help with. She was there before I went into surgery and again in recovery room. Anot excellent surgeon.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2016

Couldn't ask for a better surgeon. She's very polite and doesn't have a God complex. Came to see me everyday after my surgery.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2016

Dr. Barnett is great. She takes the time to explain things, & will gladly answer questions. Never does she make you feel unimportant or stupid. I do find though that her secretary is very slow at getting back to you. One time I had to do a follow-up to get an answer. Just 2 weeks ago I attended the office, spoke with her about a matter& she said she'd check with the Dr. & get back to me. As of this writing, I have not heard back. I respect the fact their office is an extremely busy one, with other doctors, but a simple return phone call doesn't take this long. I shall have my Dr. send a referral in any event. It isn't like I'm a new patient for Dr.Barnett... however he wants another procedure performed.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2016

was very pleased. She is very knowledgeable. I feel very comfortable with her.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2016

I saw Dr. Barnett for followup after my hospital procedure. She suggested I take some medication which she prescribed. Also, she went on to explain what the next step could be. Much to my amazement, I learned from her receptionist that a test has been booked for me in Toronto. Although the appointment isn't until July/2016, it was the earliest appointment available after contacting a few hospitals. I was not aware this procedure would be booked, just assuming it would be the 'next step' if the meds didn't work. I do recall Dr. Barnett explaining the procedure, & the surgery (if deemed necessary). I do not know where or who would perform the surgery if it's found to be necessary, but if it's Dr. Barnett, I will have complete faith in her skills. Somehow, I get the feeling the surgery will take place in Toronto, & it will be a Dr. who is strange to me...but I do hope the surgeon turns out to be Dr. Barnettt, & will take place in Barrie. I feel I received excellent care & followup from Dr. Barnett. One minor thing though. I told her receptionist that I had to stop taking the medication because of terrible headaches. I didn't hear back until I actually attended the office to make that enquiry a few weeks later. The receptionist told me that she had advised Dr. Barnett of my reaction to the medication, & that Dr. Barnett said for me to stop them. When I asked the receptionist why I hadn't been advised of this, she said "well, the Christmas holidays, & all". This was Jan. 4...AFTER the holidays. No matter, I have stopped the medications. I do not hesitate for one second to recommend Dr. Barnett, & will say will confidence that if you are referred to her, you will be in 'good hands".

flag | Submitted January 29, 2016

She is a great doctor and was very knowledgeable when I had concerns about unknown bumps on me. On the down side this is the third time seeing her and she is always late for appointments.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2016

I hadn't met Dr. Barnett prior to the booking of my hospital procedure for Gastroscopy. She introduced herself in the treatment room, asked me a host of questions, and I must say, I felt very comfortable with her. When the procedure was complete, and I was taken back to my room, she visited me to explain the results, and everything that was done in the treatment room. She asked that I book a followup appointment with her office within the next 4-6 weeks, which I have already done. Although my procedure was 1 hr late, I was told that Dr. Barnett does have a tendency to be a little slow, but she's very thorough. How well I agree. I would not hesitate in the slightest to recommend Dr.Barnett. If you are referred to her, I'm sure you'll see how nice she seems to be. Never once did I feel as though I was taking up her time. Good doctor, here!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted October 8, 2015

Although I have not seen this Dr. (yet) I'm awaiting notice as to when my appointment with her will be. Just from the attitude of her receptionist, I'm confident that I will feel very comfortable in their surroundings. The receptionist was extremely pleasant & helpful, certainly not at all like others who treat you as though you're bothering them, or they don't have the time of day for you. I thanked her very much for being so pleasant, & I actually look forward to my appointment.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2015

Dr. Barnett : a Professional, Caring , Dr. , who took the time to make me feel well cared for while hospitalized in RVH.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2014