Ratings for Dr. Charles Kidd

I went to Dr. Kidd for medical advice about a possible vasectomy, but looking back, I might have been given a sales pitch instead. He shared data about the surgery and possible complications, but I later found the AUA website says the complication rate is much higher. He steered me to The Surgery Center for the procedure rather than his office, and that increased the cost significantly. He refused to do the surgery until I put down money even though I had insurance to cover everything. (It took months to get my money back after insurance paid everything.) He said he would do the procedure, but after I put down the money, he swapped in a partner who I later learned has been sued multiple times for malpractice. Doctor Kidd personally assured me the surgery would be no big deal, but I ended up with years of pain and thousands in medical bills. He never informed me the PA instead of a doctor would work with complications. He said his clinic would do PVSA tests to make sure the surgery was successful, but it refused to do a test. I eventually went to another doctor for treatment of my complications because Dr. Kidd and his clinic appeared to me as more interested in profit than patient care. I learned a healthy mistrust of doctors from my experience with Dr. Kidd.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2014

I had numerous appointments with Dr. Charles Kidd for prostate issues I had for at least 12 years. I tried every alternative remedy under the Sun, to no avail, and decided to get the opinion of a specialist. I was referred to Dr. Charles Kidd in his Wauwatosa, WI. Office, Urology Specialists of Wisconsin. In my numerous visits to Dr. Kidd, my experience with Jennifer Verna, the Physician Assistant, was wonderful. Jennifer is very thorough, professional, and has very good bedside manor. In my visits with Dr. Kidd, I was equally impressed with his personable style, and professionalism. Dr. Kidd is extremely thorough, and explained every option I had available to me for my long standing prostate problems. He gave me his opinion on what he felt would be the best option for me, and explained the pros and cons of each, as well as the risks. In all honesty, I can say that I had heard many nightmares about prostate surgeries, with poor results, from numerous men I've spoken with. After following the advice of Dr. Kidd, and going through the surgery, I can honestly say that I have not felt better. My results were fantastic! In my follow appointment after surgery, I was equally impressed with the care I received. My experience with Dr. Kidd's staff at his Wauwatosa Clinic, was second to none. The medical assistant who cared for me, Lacey, was as personable and professional as one could ask for. She was wonderful! My honest rating of Dr. Kidd and his staff would have to be 5 Stars plus!

flag | Submitted September 11, 2014