You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Jaggi Rao

flag | Submitted February 3, 2016

flag | Submitted February 3, 2016

I waited a long time to visit this clinic. I was given a cream that did not help my acne and I was told to start doing a laser scar treatment. No thanks! I don't want to spend money on a problem that isn't fixed yet

Submitted January 31, 2016

Dr. Jaggi Rao's response
Dear Patient, We understand the long wait time to see us, and are working hard to creatively reduce our wait-list. This is a priority for us. We appreciate seeing you and really do want to help you in the best way possible. We don’t take you or your skin problems for granted. All management strategies should be based on discussion and agreement between ourselves (the skin experts) and you (the patient coming to us for advice and treatment). Before you leave a session, please ask all your questions and ensure that issues have been addressed. If you have concerns, comments, criticisms or further questions after you leave, we WELCOME the opportunity to address these by email, phone, webmail or another visit. Follow-up visits always have less wait time. Given the long wait to initially see and engage us, it makes sense to raise any concerns with us directly, rather than posting a comment of frustration, or waiting a long time to see another skin specialist. What you’ve written is generally correct: the active condition should always be addressed first (acne or otherwise) before attempting to improve the negative effects of the condition (eg. scars). Acne is particularly challenging and frustrating; it is very emotionally and physically scarring and warrants appropriate care. One major concern is that the longer we wait to treat acne, or the more conservative we are in our treatment, we may lose time and allow new scars to form or old ones to get deeper. As such, once we feel that the active process is under control, we may offer ways to improve scarring. If the decision is premature and the acne is still ongoing to the point scar revision is not logical, we will postpone scar treatments until we are satisfied that the active acne is under control. Not knowing who you are and the details of your case, we cannot speak more specifically other than to say we still DEFINITELY want to help you. We welcome you to ask questions, tell us how you feel (good or bad), and most importantly follow-up with us to ensure that you have a rational (and safe) treatment plan moving forward. We continue to be very keen and able to help you, and welcome the opportunity to do so. Once your skin is clear and the scars improved, we will come up with an effective strategy to keep your skin clear: Prevent, Treat, Maintain. Please be patient with us, and allow us the chance to continue to help; we are confident that with our compassion, knowledge and available resources, we will achieve a solution that will make you very happy. Best regards, Rao Dermatology

Submitted February 1, 2016

Wonderful Doctor and pleasant staff. Takes the time to explain and put my daughter at ease. She feels confident to ask him questions. Very pleased with the service.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2016

Dr. Jaggi Rao's response
Hello, Thank you very much for your kind feedback. We are always happy to help. Please don't hesitate to contact our office if you have any questions or concerns. Best regards, Rao Dermatology Team.

Submitted January 22, 2016

I was a patient of Dr. Rao's until recently. Dr. Rao's office caused me to waste my time and money as they did not call to let me know that they had moved locations. I showed up to their old location and in turn had to unload and load my babies from my vehicle twice which is more work than it sounds like. I also wasted my money on parking. Dr. Rao's office did not compensate me for my time or money which I would have never expected. When I called to book an appointment today I was told I would be charged a $50 fee for a previous appointment that I thought I had cancelled. I will be going elsewhere. I find it sad that Dr. Rao does not care about wasting his patients time or money however cares about his patients wasting his.

Submitted January 19, 2016

Dr. Jaggi Rao's response
Hello, We are extremely sorry about your experience. However, it would be great if you could address your concerns directly to our clinic management as it is very important to us that all of our patients are well taken care of. If there was a case of inappropriate actions on our end we would like to know about it immediately as it will be the only way we can improve our service. We have been at our new location for almost a year now. We tried to inform all of our clients regarding our move via phone or email. All new contact info is also available on line. We are very sorry that you had to miss your appointment and that it caused a lot of inconveniences to you. We do care about our patients and are appreciating their loyalty. We are happy to wave any fees if it was addressed properly and if there is a fair reason for it. Each case is considered individually and customers' satisfaction is our priority. Please don't hesitate to contact our management and address your concerns directly. We are here to help. Best regards, Rao Dermatology Team.

Submitted January 22, 2016

Submitted December 24, 2015

Dr. Jaggi Rao's response
Hello, Thank you kindly. We sincere appreciate your feedback. Rao Dermatology Team.

Submitted January 5, 2016

Dr. Rao 's staff is amazing. Every time I speak to Omeid, he is wonderful to deal with. He is helpful, courteous, and extremely polite. What a fine, young, gentleman!!!

flag | Submitted December 23, 2015

Dr. Jaggi Rao's response
Hello, Thank you very much for your kind feed back. We greatly appreciate you time and effort to share your experience with others. It is our goal to make you happy and to help you with your concerns. Thanks again and a Happy New Year! Rao Dermatology Team

Submitted January 5, 2016

Unfortunately I have suffererd from a severe and complex skin condition that horribly affects my life for several years now until I had been referred to Dr. Rao . I am honestly so appreciative and have much gratitude to Dr. Rao . I am so fortunate to be in the medical care of an incredibly amazing Dr/specialist who's gone to extreme lengths in a diagnosis, treatments and cure . Dr Rao is truly a wonderful person and he is the most caring Dr I have truly ever met . Dr. Rao has treated me with complete and utter dignity and respect , I am so very thankful from the bottom of my heart for Dr. Rao's continuing support and medical care. Mandy Finn

flag | Submitted December 22, 2015

Dr. Jaggi Rao's response
Hello Amanda, Thank you so much for your kind words….it made our day! It is our privilege and pleasure to have you as our patient, and we’re so happy that the treatment has worked as out so well. This is the real reason we are in the healthcare business…to make a difference in our patient’s lives. We look forward to seeing you back. Again, thanks for sharing your experience and the great feedback. If you ever have ANY skin-related issues, we are definitely here for you. Rao Dermatology Team.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2015

Dr. Jaggi Rao's response
Hello Sylvia, Thank you very much for your nice feedback. This is a reward to us to have you as a client. We are looking forward to seeing you and your family again. Happy New Year! Rao Dermatology Team.

Submitted January 5, 2016

I went to see this guy for skin conditions. He spent a few minutes and just left the room and didn't really offer much other than try to push his own skin products and cosmetic procedures. I would never recommend anyone waste their time to see him. Go somewhere else.

Submitted November 23, 2015

Dr. Jaggi Rao's response
Hello, Thank you very much for your feedback. It is valuable to us and we greatly appreciate your time and input to express your opinion. It would be great if you could get in touch with us directly or leave your name that would allow us to deal with your unpleasant experience promptly. We are extremely sorry if you got this kind of impression, but we would like to reassure it that it's not our intention to "push". Our goal is to educate, offer, and help. Your final decision is up to you. We are here to help and offer the best treatment option for each individual, but never to "push". Skin care regiment is a key for healthy and beautiful skin and, unfortunately, it's not covered by Health care. It is a constant work in process and it requires your understanding of how it actually works. As simple as a sun screen use for all skin types and ages can be neglected and underappreciated, but being skin care professionals we know, it is a #1 product on everyone's shopping list and doesn't matter we you shop: Shoppers, Avon, Superstore, etc. It is your choice. It makes us extremely sad, the you've got the wrong impression. We are hoping that you will give us a chance to prove that you are mistaken and we are looking forward to hearing back from you. Respectfully, Rao Dermatology Team.

Dr. Jaggi Rao's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Board Certified Dermatologist

• English

AHC

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Amazing Doctor, attentive nursing staff, gorgeous facility. I wish there was a sixth star."

February 3, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Amazing Doctor, amazing nursing staff, gorgeous facility. I wish there was a sixth star."

February 3, 2016
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "I waited a long time to visit this clinic. I was given a cream that did not help my acne and I was told to start doing a laser scar treatment. No thanks! I do..."

January 31, 2016
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Wonderful Doctor and pleasant staff. Takes the time to explain and put my daughter at ease. She feels confident to ask him questions. Very pleased with the s..."

January 22, 2016
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "I was a patient of Dr. Rao's until recently. Dr. Rao's office caused me to waste my time and money as they did not call to let me know that they had moved locat..."

January 19, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Worse dermatologist. More of a rushed salesman for cosmetics! "

January 1, 2016
  • A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "He seems to be in it only for the money. I recommend anyone reading this to avoid seeing him and go somewhere else. I am surprised he's still allowed to practi..."

December 27, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I agree with the person below me! Omeid is great to deal with. Such a kind man and always gets the job done! "

December 24, 2015
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Rao 's staff is amazing. Every time I speak to Omeid, he is wonderful to deal with. He is helpful, courteous, and extremely polite. What a fine, young, gen..."

December 23, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Unfortunately I have suffererd from a severe and complex skin condition that horribly affects my life for several years now until I had been referred to Dr. Rao..."

December 22, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Great doctor, wonderful experience, beautiful clinic and friendly environment . I found my dermatologist! Thank you Dr Rao! Sylvia K."

December 12, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "I went to see this guy for skin conditions. He spent a few minutes and just left the room and didn't really offer much other than try to push his own skin produ..."

November 23, 2015
  • A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "This guy really needs to be reported. He's a complete fraud. "

November 3, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Rao is an incredibly kind and thoughtful doctor. I've suffered from eczema for most of my life and tried probably every topical out there. Nothing was reall..."

October 22, 2015
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Jaggi Rao used to be nice doctor but since he moved the service had just deteriorated. I am very disappointed. I had filler treatments from him and he was..."

October 20, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Dishonest and fraudulent. Never go to him. Only concerned about billing as much as he can. "

October 20, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I saw Dr. Rao today regarding mild put persistent acne. He was so friendly, as was his nurse that assessed me first. He prescribed me Accutane. Despite having s..."

October 19, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Very nice and kind doctor. Patient and went out of his way to call me at home. Also saw my daughter without issue and treated her for her bad acne. I'm very ..."

September 11, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I came to see Dr.Rao to fix the atrocity done to my face by another doctor with fillers. Not only did Dr.rao fix it , but he made me feel like my younger self. ..."

September 8, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I brought my son to see Dr.Rao because he was highly referred by a family friend. Not only did he assure my son about his fixing his condition, but he helped me..."

September 7, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I finally got to see Dr. Rao after several attempts on how good he really is. He sure is a total of 2 minutes, I got to see him. What a shame, big huge clinic..."

September 7, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I have been a patient of Dr. Rao's for over a year now. He has helped me greatly with my intense hyperhydrosis. Upon my first consult, he assured me that the us..."

September 3, 2015
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Rao is kind and took time to help me feel cared for. I have an unusual skin condition and Dr. Rao has been reassuring to me both in terms of diagnosis and t..."

September 3, 2015
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "I'm really unable to rate his knowledge as I believe I spent all of 2 minutes with this dr and therefore do not feel I know enough to properly rate this. I will..."

September 2, 2015
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "Waited a few months to see Dr. Rao. I was disappointed as he spent only 2 minutes with me. I think he only cares about his cosmetic patients only that make hi..."

August 28, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "Waited over a year for referral for a condition my doctor was unable to treat. Dr Rao spent a total of two minutes with me and made a diagnosis without asking m..."

August 24, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "All I want to know is where did Barb go? Not to mention the rest of the staff? Very disappointed. "

August 6, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Superb dermatologist. Very kind and capable service to myself and my loved ones. Balanced approach to my skin problems. Calm and collected. Reasonable costs for..."

August 6, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Have seen him for many years and I'm always happy with the service and help I get from Dr. Rao and his staff. They are clearly a dedicated team and I highly re..."

July 18, 2015
  • A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "appeared very chaotic at the reception when I checked in. Everyone kind of running around, not appearing to know what was going on. Seemed short staffed to me..."

July 14, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Top notch expert with a wonderful bedside manner. The best!"

July 14, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Nicest Dr ever. Lots of experience. Friendly staff Easy location. Highly qualified So glad I found him!"

July 14, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Great staff, low wait time, beautiful clinic. I was in the clinic approx. 2 weeks ago and I can already see improvement. Very impressed with this doctor! He wil..."

July 9, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "When I first saw Dr Rao and went over my issues, we went over treatment options. I was sceptic all about going on Accutane. I read so many bad things on the Int..."

July 2, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Rao and his assistant Sandra Sorestad are amazing!! The front end staff are friendly, warn and welcoming. Wait time was approximately 7 minutes but I arr..."

June 28, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have not been treated by Dr Rao yet but my other Dr left me with a minor complication plus what seems to be an infection. (Fillers) he was great the first few..."

June 26, 2015
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "I had an appointment with Dr. Rao regarding acne( which is not bad ). The wait time was about 5 mins. The nurse came in she didn't ask me any question but told..."

June 25, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I was seen by doctor Rao for the first time yesterday. Great experience , beautiful new clinic with friendly stuff. First time getting fillers done can be scary..."

June 17, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr.Rao is one of the most humble and knowledgeable doctors I have seen in quite some time. I did have to wait for sometime to get in, but i think that is becaus..."

June 17, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I am appalled by some of the comments which I read on this site. Yes, I know how frustrating it is to have to wait long after your appointment time to see her, ..."

June 16, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Wow! What happened to this place? I haven't been to see dr. Rao for a couple of years and all of the original long term staff were gone. If that wasn't a red..."

June 12, 2015
  • Website has been updated from "http://ablaserderm.com" to "http://www.raoderm.com/". Postal Code has been updated from "T5A0" to "T6G 1C3". Address has been updated from "None" to "Alberta DermaSurgery Centre, Suite #300, 7609 109 Street NW, Edmonton". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "17804377189".

June 3, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Outstanding experience today with this dermatologist. He was very patient, kind and knowledgable. Great clinic with considerate staff. Busy clinic. The wait..."

May 27, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "Should be working in a vet clinic. How did he ever get a license? Arrogant and clueless so I can see why he is a dermatologist. He can hide his mistakes. Stay..."

May 26, 2015
  • A new 3.5-star rating has been posted. "I seen Dr. Rao for several issues, he quickly rectified the situation and offered solutions. I am now seeing one of his technicians and she is great as well. Ho..."

May 25, 2015
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "I went to see him for dermal filler. It was a long wait for me at that day, but it was worth waiting . He did a very good professional filler for me with zero p..."

May 14, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Very excellent doctor! I have a lot of cosmetic skin issues that I wanted to be seen for (aging, fine lines, discolouration, etc...) and Dr. Rao really took the..."

May 12, 2015
  • A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "Went to see this Dr and waited for a hour in the waiting room and saw him for 30 seconds. He's not very professional and all he wants to do is sell sell sell......"

May 11, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Was referred by my family doctor for a skin disease that I have been dealing with for years. After waiting for an hour for my consultation. After a very short e..."

May 8, 2015
  • A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "We specifically book the appointment directly after lunch to minimize the amount of school missed for my child. We ended up waiting a full hour to see Dr. Rao. ..."

May 7, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Great experience at this clinic. Excellent bedside manner. He took the time to go over all my treatment options. Staff was very helpful and knowledgeable as wel..."

April 29, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Excellent dermatologist with great reputation. Very kind and talented. He has seen me repeatedly, despite my anxiety and paranoia. I would highly recommend h..."

April 28, 2015
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "Decent staff. Unfortunately, I did not have a good experience with Dr. Jaggi Rao. I met him a few years ago and he did a decent job, but now, he seems to have..."

April 27, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I am reporting his behavior and treatment with the college of physicians. Very dishonest, and very much a used car salesman. I was talked into a procedure I d..."

April 27, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "Complete waste of time, only listens if you are in for big-money procedures. "

April 15, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Very few with these credentials and genuine caring. Dr Rao is top-notch "

March 3, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Veteran dermatologist with great skill and bedside manners. I had the pleasure of seeing Dr. Rao for over 10 years now for all my medical issues as well as fil..."

February 21, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "This dermatologist is a fraud. He's only after selling inflated products and cosmetics. His knowledge of dermatology is questionable and misdiagnosed very obvio..."

February 16, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Rao won over my family with his amazing bedside manner, his genuine concern and cheery personality. He is very knowledgeable, and if he doesn't have the ans..."

February 5, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Just the kindest doctor I've ever seen. Great teacher and very talented. I had my cosmetic treatments last week and am very impressed. Great artistry. I see why..."

January 24, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Rao was very kind and knowledgeable, he took the time to ask me questions and ensure he was giving the proper recommendation as well as answer all of my ques..."

January 19, 2015
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "Had to wait months after being referred from Emergency, for the few minute he spent he was helpful, but the remedy he prescribed was only temporary and I ended ..."

January 13, 2015
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "I have been having skin problems for 5 years. I was recommended by my doctor to go and see him. He was able to identify my problem immediately and he was very h..."

January 12, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Rao is a great doctor. Funny, smart and kind. I went to him with my own cosmetic issues, and also my kids' many skin problems, and they were effectively a..."

January 3, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Wonderful doctor. Reading through the comments before I actually went for an appointment bothered me as some feed backs here are very mean. In Edmonton, it's ..."

November 10, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Outstanding dermatologist with compassion and affability. He stayed well over-time to address my many issues. He has great hands and did a great job for me in..."

November 9, 2014
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I was really disappointed by my experience. He was at a business lunch and showed up late. He did my Botox and filler and I was very unimpressed. I went to a..."

October 25, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Fantastic dermatologist. VERY personable, professional and compassionate. Definitely one of the best I have ever seen. I highly recommend Dr. Rao, as my expe..."

October 21, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Rao is very knowledgeable, professional,, pleasant and funny. Seeing for for a rather painful procedure was a real pleasure. The results of my laser treat..."

October 20, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Just saw Dr. Rao for my various skin issues. He is the best medical practitioner I have ever seen; smart, practical and down-to-Earth. The best bedside manner..."

September 10, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Outstanding doctor and staff. He treated me with the utmost respect and kindness. Truly outstanding experience."

September 6, 2014
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "Very nice doctor, I have never met anyone so kind. I wish his old staff from a year ago was still working at the lazer side, I loved my hair removal tech and th..."

September 4, 2014