Ratings for Dr. Jaggi Rao, MD, FRCPC (Dermatology)

dr rao and staff did a wonderful job with my skin gave me the correct treatment all I can say is thankyou

flag | Submitted September 27, 2016

Really great doctor and such a nice guy. He seems to love his job and he helped me out a lot. I liked his staff as well...cute girls!

flag | Submitted September 17, 2016

I really enjoyed my encounter with Dr. Rao and his outstanding staff. They were extremely busy, but managed to get me in a timely manner, and were very kind, patient and helpful. He seems to really know his stuff, and didn't allow me to waste time with irrelevant information but kindly kept me focussed to create a good treatment plan for me. As a patient suffering from a longstanding skin problem, I am very appreciative. He spent a good 10 minutes "teaching me to fish", for which I'm grateful. Very professional and patient team. I highly recommend.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2016

Dr. Jaggi Rao, MD, FRCPC (Dermatology)'s response
Dear Patient, Thank you greatly for your feedback. It is a pleasure to hear about your experience and we are extremely happy that it was a positive one for you. It is our goal to meet our clients' expectations and to satisfy all of our customers. Therefore, we are always welcome any feedback. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us directly if you have any other questions or concerns via emergency@raoderm.com or feedback @raoderm.com. Thank you kindly for your nice feedback. It is greatly appreciated. Best Regards, Rao Dermatology team.

Submitted September 7, 2016

My experience with Dr. Rao and the clinic staff has been very good so far. My skin problems were quickly diagnosed and the suggested remedy is working. He was also shockingly punctual which has never been my experience at other medical appointments. My only (small) issue was that he failed to tell me the new side effects of the prescribed medication, which made me a little nervous when I learned about them at the pharmacy. Anyhow, I'm sure he will be open to questions and discussion at my next appointment. Thanks!

flag | Submitted August 25, 2016

Dr. Jaggi Rao, MD, FRCPC (Dermatology)'s response
Dear patient, Thank you kindly for your feedback. We appreciate your time and effort to let us know of your concerns. It is a fair comment and that is why we make ourselves available for all of our clients 24/7 for any questions via email at emergency@raoderm.com. If there are any additional questions or worries and concerns, we are here for you and are happy to answer all of the questions in the timely matter. We appreciate direct contact as it is the best way to address resolve any situation. Thank you kindly and Best regards, Rao Dermatology Team.

Submitted September 7, 2016

I had a fantastic experience with Dr. Rao just now. He was cordial, relatively on time, laid back, funny and very helpful. We will definitely be returning.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2016

Dr. Jaggi Rao, MD, FRCPC (Dermatology)'s response
Dear Patient, Thank you for your feedback. It is greatly appreciated. Please feel free to reach out to us directly via emergency@raoderm.com or feedback@raoderm.com if you have any questions or concerns. We appreciate every comment and value each customers' opinion as it helps us to improve our practice and the one of the best in the industry. Thank you for your input. Thank you and kind regards, Rao Dermatology Team.

Submitted September 7, 2016

The Rao Dermatology staff, in particular the nurses and Dr. Rao himself were outstanding. The appointment was quick but not rushed, very useful and the treatment plan is working. I can't ask for anything more. Thanks much! Alyssa Revere

flag | Submitted August 13, 2016

Dr. Jaggi Rao, MD, FRCPC (Dermatology)'s response
Dear Alyssa, Thank you for your kind words. We are always glad to help. It is very exciting that you are happy with your treatment plan and the results you are getting. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us if you have any questions going further. We are always available for all our clients via emergency@ raoderm.com or feedback@raoderm.com. Thank you and all of the best, Rao Dermatology Team.

Submitted September 7, 2016

WOW! A doctor who cares more about money, than the well-being of a child. My son requires ingrown toenails to be removed, had the procedure completed by another dermatologist, but the procedure did not work. The first procedure was the "Less invasive" procedure, now the "more invasive" procedure is required. The first dermatologist billed Health Care, like they should have, but Dr Rao's office refuses. Why you ask, well Health Care does not pay enough, so they feel a charge is required. Cannot believe a physician who can bill Health Care is worried about the "money" not being enough. This is a child we are talking about, not a cosmetic treatment for vanity.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2016

Dr. Jaggi Rao, MD, FRCPC (Dermatology)'s response
Dear Client, We are extremely sorry you are feeling this way. We understand your concerns and are always happy to help you as much as it is possible in our capacity. It is very unfortunate, but not all services are covered by Health care. This has a direct negative impact on both: a patient and us as a treatment provider. As it limits us as a practice and our ability to treat certain conditions under medical claims, we are always considering and offering a few different treatment options where IT IS UP TO THE CLIENT TO DECIDE what is the most suitable treatment plan for them. We apologize, but your comment is unfair, offensive and highly inappropriate. The way you have treated our staff is unacceptable. We believe in diplomatic approach and friendly resolution of any situation. This is unfortunate and sad situation as we were only trying to help with a different treatment option as your last procedure did not work. Dr Rao has been known as the most compassionate and carrying doctor in the industry. We appreciate your effort to share your opinion: whether is positive or negative. Your comment will help us to become even better practice and improve even more because our reputation is extremely important to us. Thank you. Kind regards, Rao Dermatology Team.

Submitted September 7, 2016

Outstanding clinic and dermatologist. The staff was very courteous, genuine and helpful. Dr. Rao himself was brief, to-the-point, but very kind, personable and knowledgable of my condition and the many treatment options. He even referred me for an unrelated issue to another specialist to better help me. A+++ experience. Thanks.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2016

Dr. Jaggi Rao, MD, FRCPC (Dermatology)'s response
Dear Patient, Thank you kindly for your feedback. Your opinion is greatly appreciated. We are always happy to help. Please do not hesitate to contact us for any other concerns or a follow up appointment. We will be glad to answer your questions. Best regards, Rao Dermatology Team.

Submitted September 7, 2016

I came to see Dr. Rao on three different occasions. I understand how specialists can run behind time, however his assessment was rushed and inaccurate. He prescribed a medication that was not the proper dosage, and he failed to send me for appropriate blood tests. He also explained a retinol product completely incorrectly, and treated me with liquid nitrogen, without explaining what it was before hand and discussing aftercare. His reception staff, and nurses were also rude. I felt pressured into buying extremely overpriced products. This was not a good experience.

Submitted July 15, 2016

Dr. Jaggi Rao, MD, FRCPC (Dermatology)'s response
Dear Patient, We appreciate you feedback. However, it would be appropriate for you to address it directly with us. You are stating that our staff is rude. If this was the case, We would like to know about it immediately. The Alberta DermaSurgery Center maintains a "zero tolerance" for any abuse, verbal or otherwise, whether it is coming from the client, or from any of the staff. Therefore, it must be addressed immediately. Regarding your treatments plan and product, as Health care professionals with multiple years of experience, we have numerous protocols established in order to treat multiple conditions. Due to uniqueness of each patient, their treatment plans can be tailored and molded in individual matter for the best possible results. We are always open for a discussion and are always happy to answer any questions if there is any sign of hesitance of concern from the patient's point of you. We have our email hot lines available 24/7 and everyone is welcomed to connect with us. It is extremely disappointing to see this "virtual"negativity directed to us, Dr Rao and our staff. We do not expect to be liked by everyone, it is not possible and very unrealistic. However, we are counting on fair judgement and are expecting to be given a chance to answer questions if there is any in a personal matter. To vent on the web-site, that has no filters and no control of who is posting comments and is a very primitive way of dealing with a problem, more so it does not resolve anything for a patient. Therefore, if You are a real patient please call our office or email us at feedback@raoderm.com with more details of your experience as this rating is completely inappropriate. Best regards, Rao Dermatology.

Submitted July 28, 2016

Staff is very kind and helpful and Dr. Rao is a pleasure to deal with. Sanja was my consultant and patiently answered all my questions, never made me feel like she was trying to rush me into a decision. In response to the comment below about pushing products, the consultant didn't try to sell me the most expensive procedure and after I was satisfied with my one procedure they didn't try to push any others on me so I have no idea what that guy is talking about. Very helpful that their staff answers questions over email on the weekends - I had a peel done on a Saturday and had some questions about whether it was healing properly and the technician emailed me back almost immediately after I asked questions (several times). Dr Rao is obviously busy but never makes you feel rushed. He is very kind, compassionate and down to earth. Have been to several dermatologists in Edmonton and this was by far my best experience. Kelly

flag | Submitted June 27, 2016

Dr. Jaggi Rao, MD, FRCPC (Dermatology)'s response
Hello Kelly, Thank you very much for your feedback, we greatly appreciate it. It is our goal to keep improving in order to serve our patients and clients with utmost care. We are happy to follow up with anyone and anytime whether it's a weekend or Statutory holidays as each patient is equally important to us. Our hot line is available 24/7 via email at emergency @raoderm.com or feedback@raoderm.com. Thanks again Kelly for your kind words, Marina and Carol were glad to help you and to make sure you feel comfortable and happy after your procedure. Please let us know if there is anything else. Best Regards, Rao Dermatology.

Submitted July 28, 2016

Dr. Jaggi Rao, MD, FRCPC (Dermatology)'s Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Jaggi Rao, MD, FRCPC (Dermatology) Dr. Jaggi Rao is a double board certified dermatologist (Canada and USA) and a certified cosmetic surgeon. He completed his 5 year dermatology training at the University of Alberta, followed by an accredited fellowship with the American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery in Southern California. Dr. Rao is a full Clinical Professor of Medicine at the University of Alberta. Dr. Rao has won several accolades for research and teaching, including the Canadian Dermatology Association’s Teacher of the Year Award. In 2011, he was the recipient of Avenue Magazine’s Top 40 under 40 Award. He has authored over 50 scientific papers and textbook chapters, and has been an invited speaker for over 500 lectures worldwide to physicians, other professionals, and the general public. Dr. Rao continues to lend his expertise to various organizations. He sits on the board of directors for CAAM( Canadian Association of Aesthetics Medicine) and acts as a consultant to the government (such as the Canadian Standards Association), laser and pharmaceutical industry, and professional sports teams. He is the creator and visionary behind ConsultDERM™, Canada’s largest teledermatology service, allowing health care providers timely access to assistance for patients with skin-related problems. Due to his well known expertise in laser technologies, he is the co-founder of AMT( Aesthetics Medicine Training Academy of Canada ) which has hosted the only nonbiased comprehensive course in the fundamentals of laser therapy. As he has luminary status in advanced injection techniques ,Dr. Rao is an official trainer of injectables (Botox and fillers). With his talent and passion for dermatology and cosmetic surgery, , Dr. Rao is always ready to provide education, expert advice and top notch patient care.

• English

• Mc Master Univ, Sch Of Med, Hamilton, Ont, Canada (Grad. 1998)
  • University of Alberta

• Hair loss
  • Cystic fibrosis
  • Migraine
  • Moles

• Dr Rao has luminary status in advanced injection techniques ,Dr. Rao is an official trainer of injectables (Botox and fillers).
  • Dr Rao is well known for expertise in laser technologies, he is the co-founder of AMT( Aesthetics Medicine Training Academy of Canada ) which has hosted the only nonbiased comprehensive course in the fundamentals of laser therapy.
  • In 2011, he was the recipient of Avenue Magazine’s Top 40 under 40 Award. He has authored over 50 scientific papers and textbook chapters, and has been an invited speaker for over 500 lectures worldwide to physicians, other professionals, and the general
  • Dr. Rao has won several accolades for research and teaching, including the Canadian Dermatology Association’s Teacher of the Year Award
  • Dr. Rao is a full Clinical Professor of Medicine at the University of Alberta.
  • He sits on the board of directors for CAAM( Canadian Association of Aesthetics Medicine) and acts as a consultant to the government (such as the Canadian Standards Association), laser and pharmaceutical industry, and professional sports teams.
  • He is the creator and visionary behind ConsultDERM™, Canada’s largest teledermatology service, allowing health care providers timely access to assistance for patients with skin-related problems.