Ratings for Dr. Jaggi Rao, MD, FRCPC (Dermatology)

I was refered to doctor Rao after lip injection complications occurred (from a different clinic, in another city) . Dr.Rao took me under his wing as if I was a patient of his from the get go. He is more than accommodating, always on time and so knowledgeable. He truly makes you feel like your his only patient for the day - he never makes it feel as if your being rushed or your concerns are not legitimate. I would highly recommend Dr.Rao to anyone!

flag | Submitted January 18, 2017

Outstanding dermatologist and staff. Very helpful and effective management of my sun damage. Slight wait, but worth it.

flag | Submitted December 27, 2016

I was referred to Dr. Rao twice in all for my face, by my trusted eye surgeon but he, in turn, referred me to another dermatologist after declining my desired minor cosmetic procedure himself , and who according to his co-ordinator was new to Edm and much 'better'. I believed this to be true but found out it is not-- his peer left my face lumpy and I was unexpectedly $$ gouged to the max, leaving my pockets turned inside out, credit card maxxed, and no further ahead but to find an actually qualified interested practitioner to now correct my face. Cannot recommend--just beware if he passes you off due to lack of interest himself. Apparently dermatologists are in it for the $ because it is so lucrative these days, not for the care or the specialty itself with helping patients, is my experience with this one and his peer.

flag | Submitted December 26, 2016

Dr. Jaggi Rao, MD, FRCPC (Dermatology)'s response
Dear Marilyn K., Thanks for your review. We are must say that we are appalled by it. It is sad and unfortunate that you are feeling that way, but we would like to reiterate that we did not feel that we could meet your expectations and that is why we did not want to take your money and hence a referral was made to another specialist. It was clearly not because of "lack of interest". As patients evaluate us , we also do the same and despite the monetary gains that we can obtain by treating every single patient with cosmetic procedures, we elect not to. First and foremost, our priority is to satisfy our customers. In that light, we would prefer to refer patients to other doctors and loose potential income when we feel we cannot meet patient expectations. Moreover, although a referral to another doctor is made, it is solely up to the patient to decide if they trust that practitioner enough to proceed with the procedure. Thanks, Rao Dermatology.

Submitted December 29, 2016

Just finished an apptmt. with Dr. Rao for my daughter - Rao rhymes with WOW and for good reason! We were both extremely impressed with Dr. Rao's willingness to view 3 different issues in one appointment, offering alternatives not suggested by other dermatologists. Dr. Rao is professional, polite and very reassuring. I immediately telephoned the referring doctor's office to advise Dr. Ho with how impressed we were, and the receptionist taking my call is going to be referred to Dr. Rao by her G.P. Thank you for the courtesy extended to my daughter, we look forward to our follow-up in February! Beautiful clinic! Kudos for a GREAT appointment!!

Submitted December 13, 2016

I just saw Dr. Rao today in Fort McMurray. It was a great visit and he was very kind, patient and helpful. He took the time to come all the way from Edmonton to see me and other patients, because we haven't had a dermatologist up here in over a year (the last one was Dr. Rogers). He definitely didn't have to come. I wish he was always here, and I know this is how others feel too. Great doctor!!!

flag | Submitted December 10, 2016

He only spent a lil time on me without listening to what i had to say and was offering me to buy their products

Submitted November 29, 2016

Submitted December 5, 2016

There was a long wait to see Dr. Rao with almost no time that I directly spent with him. I was passed on to an product consultant and was actually told to buy products instead of using prescriptions for my problem.

flag | Submitted November 26, 2016

Dr. Jaggi Rao, MD, FRCPC (Dermatology)'s response
Dear client, We appreciate your feedback. In our clinic, we always provide options for our clients. The choice and decision is yours. We do stand behind our services & products, that is why if something made you unhappy, you must let us immediately know about it. By posting a review on this page, you are not helping anyone: not yourself, not other clients. If there is a problem, it must be addressed directly with us as it can be resolved only by us. This is an independent web-site, that has nothing to do with our practice. If the reason of your post here is just to harm our practice, it is sad as your problem is still unresolved and we unable even to follow up with you and help you. We understand, we cannot be a good match for every client we see in our center. But we respect those who lets us know what was done wrong and if there is anything that can be improved in our services. If you are a true client of ours, please reach out to us at feedback@raoderm.com and explain your situation in more details. This review is not a resolution to your concern. Thank you & Kind regards, Rao Dermatology.

Submitted December 5, 2016

I went to Dr. Rao in September because of my face acne. Dr. Rao maybe spent three minutes with me; did not ask me about my diet, exercise, lifestyle, etc., just prescribed me a $200 dollar face cream that he assured me would work, and I booked a follow-up appointment. I recently drove over four hours for my appointment (I do not live in Edmonton) only to find out that it was cancelled. I received no phone call, voice mail, or email letting me know of the cancellation. This was extremely disappointing considering how long you have to wait for an appointment and that I had driven so far. To top it all off, the face cream prescribed is not even working. I had a terrible experience with Dr. Rao's practice and I would not recommend them.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2016

Dr. Jaggi Rao, MD, FRCPC (Dermatology)'s response
Dear M. H., We are extremely sorry and would like to apologize for your recent experience with us. It is very unfortunate and we understand your frustration. We greatly appreciate your feedback. We hope that there is something that we can do for you at this moment. We also would like to reassure you that this was not intentional and must be related to some technical problems on both ends. In our system, there are 2 emails recorded on your file that were sent to you in regards to this cancellation. However, we are unaware of the reasons these emails did not reach you. Your email address is correct. Maybe we should check you 'junk mail' as It is possible for these emails to be filtered under junk. We would be happy to schedule you in for an appointment with Dr Rao at any time for your convenience. We appreciate your time and the fact that you are our out of town patient and have to take a long trip to visit us. We will do our best to accommodate you in our clinic when even it works for you. Please let us know. We are extremely sorry and hope we can make you feel better about your experience with us. Thank you and Kind regards, Rao Dermatology Team.

Submitted December 5, 2016

Very prompt, very caring. For an individual who wanted the laser procedure, but was very scared, the staff made me feel very comfortable.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2016

Dr. Jaggi Rao, MD, FRCPC (Dermatology)'s response
Dear client, Thank you for your kind words. We are sincerely happy that you had a great experience with us. We are always happy to help. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you. Best regards, Rao Dermatology team.

Submitted December 5, 2016

He is one of the best dermatologist I've seen by far. I was truly impressed with his bed side manners and knowledge. His clinic is gorgeous and his staff are so wonderful and nice. The young gentleman at the front was a tremendous help. I would highly recommend Dr.Rao.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2016

Dr. Jaggi Rao, MD, FRCPC (Dermatology)'s response
Dear client, Thank you for your kind words and this feedback. We are sincerely happy that you had a great experience with us. It is a reward to us. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you. Best regards, Rao Dermatology team.

Dr. Jaggi Rao, MD, FRCPC (Dermatology)'s Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Jaggi Rao, MD, FRCPC (Dermatology) Dr. Jaggi Rao is a double board certified dermatologist (Canada and USA) and a certified cosmetic surgeon. He completed his 5 year dermatology training at the University of Alberta, followed by an accredited fellowship with the American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery in Southern California. Dr. Rao is a full Clinical Professor of Medicine at the University of Alberta. Dr. Rao has won several accolades for research and teaching, including the Canadian Dermatology Association’s Teacher of the Year Award. In 2011, he was the recipient of Avenue Magazine’s Top 40 under 40 Award. He has authored over 50 scientific papers and textbook chapters, and has been an invited speaker for over 500 lectures worldwide to physicians, other professionals, and the general public. Dr. Rao continues to lend his expertise to various organizations. He sits on the board of directors for CAAM( Canadian Association of Aesthetics Medicine) and acts as a consultant to the government (such as the Canadian Standards Association), laser and pharmaceutical industry, and professional sports teams. He is the creator and visionary behind ConsultDERM™, Canada’s largest teledermatology service, allowing health care providers timely access to assistance for patients with skin-related problems. Due to his well known expertise in laser technologies, he is the co-founder of AMT( Aesthetics Medicine Training Academy of Canada ) which has hosted the only nonbiased comprehensive course in the fundamentals of laser therapy. As he has luminary status in advanced injection techniques ,Dr. Rao is an official trainer of injectables (Botox and fillers). With his talent and passion for dermatology and cosmetic surgery, , Dr. Rao is always ready to provide education, expert advice and top notch patient care.

• English

• Mc Master Univ, Sch Of Med, Hamilton, Ont, Canada (Grad. 1998)
  • University of Alberta

• Hair loss
  • Cystic fibrosis
  • Migraine
  • Moles

• Dr Rao has luminary status in advanced injection techniques ,Dr. Rao is an official trainer of injectables (Botox and fillers).
  • Dr Rao is well known for expertise in laser technologies, he is the co-founder of AMT( Aesthetics Medicine Training Academy of Canada ) which has hosted the only nonbiased comprehensive course in the fundamentals of laser therapy.
  • In 2011, he was the recipient of Avenue Magazine’s Top 40 under 40 Award. He has authored over 50 scientific papers and textbook chapters, and has been an invited speaker for over 500 lectures worldwide to physicians, other professionals, and the general
  • Dr. Rao has won several accolades for research and teaching, including the Canadian Dermatology Association’s Teacher of the Year Award
  • Dr. Rao is a full Clinical Professor of Medicine at the University of Alberta.
  • He sits on the board of directors for CAAM( Canadian Association of Aesthetics Medicine) and acts as a consultant to the government (such as the Canadian Standards Association), laser and pharmaceutical industry, and professional sports teams.
  • He is the creator and visionary behind ConsultDERM™, Canada’s largest teledermatology service, allowing health care providers timely access to assistance for patients with skin-related problems.