Ratings for Dr. Jaggi Rao, MD, FRCPC (Dermatology)

I was struggling with skin infections and was waiting to see a dermatologist where I live which was a 6 month wait. I was willing to travel to see someone and contacted Dr. Rao's clinic. Not only did they fit me in within the week. After my appointment I have having some further issues and was able to email personally with Dr. Rao to further get his expertise. I was so impressed by his willingness to help and answer all my questions. He is so helpful, extremely knowledgeable and I would highly recommend him and his wonderful staff. He is truly a physician who cares about his patients.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2017

I seen this physician for my sons eczema. He was dismissive, rude, cut me off before I could say anything or ask a question. Didn't care about his history and was in a rush to get me out of his office! He wrote a prescription for a medication we already tried and didn't work. He didn't even look at my sons body where his eczema was, said he was just like the 60 other cases he sees per week... even though my son is one 4 different steroid creams at once and bandages for open wounds... but that's "normal"?! Horrible horrible doctor!! I will be sure to tell everyone I know to go elsewhere!

Submitted May 13, 2017

Dr. Jaggi Rao, MD, FRCPC (Dermatology)'s response
Dear patient and our patient's parent, Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are extremely sorry that you are feeling this way. We are confident that this is due to some sort of misunderstanding as this is not usual for our practice. Therefore, we sincerely apologize. We appreciate you bringing this up to our attention and we wish we could address it with you in person. It is unfortunate that you are not giving us a second chance. It hearts our feelings to be called "horrible" when we always strive to do our best to help. We understand that someone else treated your son, but we have not. Every condition takes time, consistency and patience to treat. Familiar prescription does not mean lack of interest or negligence. We are sorry if this was the impression you've got. Patients' trust and loyalty is very important to us. It makes us sad that you are not giving us a fair chance to help your son. Kind Regards, Rao Dermatology.

Submitted May 16, 2017

I completely agree with the many listings which demonstrate the positive experience with Dr. Rao and his team/clinic. They are all professional, kind and very competent. BUT, they are quite busy, so be sure to get all your questions asked or email or call them later if you have more. I'm very happy with my results and would recommend the clinic to anyone desiring honest and capable treatment.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2017

Dr. Jaggi Rao, MD, FRCPC (Dermatology)'s response
Dear Patient, Thank you kindly for your feedback. We appreciate it. Thank you for your kind words and your understanding of our practice and flow. It is important to us. We thank you for choosing us, trusting us, and for your loyalty years ahead. We are glad we were able to help. Warm wishes, Rao Dermatology.

Submitted May 16, 2017

I saw Dr. Rao the first time approx 7 years ago. My skin suddenly accelerated with the aging process and I was devastated. I did have the laser treatment done on my face, though didn't see much of a difference. Dr. Rao was kind, was knowledgeable and told me the straight facts, for which I appreciate, even though I wished to hear a better outcome. I then developed little cysts of some sort on my eyelids. He lasers them off and did not charge me, I believe because he knew I was a single parent at the time. I would recommend this doctor to anyone. Caring and professional.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2017

Dr. Jaggi Rao, MD, FRCPC (Dermatology)'s response
Dear Patient, Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We greatly appreciate it. We are happy we were able to be there for you. Thank you for your patience, trust and loyalty to us. It is true that sometimes treatments do work, but not the same way for everyone. In the majority of the cases, 2-3 treatments are the requirement. We always happy to customize an individual treatment plan to achieve the best results with our clients. Maintenance and an ongoing care is an important part of a daily regiment for everyone's skin. We appreciate your understanding this matter. We are looking forward to see you back for reevaluation and reassessment. Warn regards, Rao Dermatology.

Submitted May 16, 2017

Wonderful doctor and very helpful staff. Was the first time I was there and really enjoyed the experience. Even though it was for a medical reason I went, I felt I was treated with top respect and dedication to my problems. Would definitely recommend to my friends and family.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2017

Dr. Jaggi Rao, MD, FRCPC (Dermatology)'s response
Dear Patient, Thank you for your kind words. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. We are happy we could help. Warm regards, Rao Dermatology Center.

Submitted May 16, 2017

Great doctor, beautiful clinic and kind friendly environment. I would never trade them for anybody else! They treat me like a family. Thank you Dr Rao and your wonderful staff! I'll be back for sure! Definitely recommend them to everyone!

flag | Submitted February 9, 2017

Dr. Jaggi Rao, MD, FRCPC (Dermatology)'s response
Dear Patient, Thank you for your kind words. It is greatly appreciated. We are happy to know that you had a pleasant experience with us. Best regards, Rao Dermatology Team.

Submitted February 10, 2017

Great experience all round at this clinic. Been to several centers where that was not the case. Good atmosphere and professional staff. Doctor was also great, as mentioned many times before. Downside: hard doctor to see...very busy.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2017

Dr. Jaggi Rao, MD, FRCPC (Dermatology)'s response
Dear Patient, Thank you kindly for your feedback. We greatly appreciate it. We are happy that your experience with was pleasant and positive. We are looking forward to seeing you back. Best regards, Rao Dermatology team.

Submitted February 9, 2017

Very kind and lovely dermatologist. He came to Fort McMurray to do a clinic this week, when no one else did so for months. I was waiting almost a year to see someone with my horrible psoriasis, and he was very patient, kind and compassionate. He prescribed a more advanced treatment that is going to be safer than my cream regimen, and I'm sure it will clear me faster. Looking forward to following up with Dr. Rao in Edmonton. Thank you so much!

flag | Submitted January 28, 2017

Dr. Jaggi Rao, MD, FRCPC (Dermatology)'s response
Dear Patient, Thanks for your feedback and time. We appreciate you sharing your opinion with the others. We are looking forward to seeing you back for a check up. It may take some time for your condition to improve, but please know that we are here to help you. Best regards, Rao Dermatology.

Submitted February 9, 2017

I was refered to doctor Rao after lip injection complications occurred (from a different clinic, in another city) . Dr.Rao took me under his wing as if I was a patient of his from the get go. He is more than accommodating, always on time and so knowledgeable. He truly makes you feel like your his only patient for the day - he never makes it feel as if your being rushed or your concerns are not legitimate. I would highly recommend Dr.Rao to anyone!

flag | Submitted January 18, 2017

Dr. Jaggi Rao, MD, FRCPC (Dermatology)'s response
Dear patient, Thank you for your kind wards. We are happy we were able to help. It is a reward to us to know that you are doing better and that you had a good experience with us. We are looking forward to see you back when required. Best regards, Rao Dermatology team.

Submitted February 9, 2017

Outstanding dermatologist and staff. Very helpful and effective management of my sun damage. Slight wait, but worth it.

flag | Submitted December 27, 2016

Dr. Jaggi Rao, MD, FRCPC (Dermatology)'s response
Dear Patient, Thank you for the feedback. We appreciate it. Best regards, Rao Dermatology Team.

Dr. Jaggi Rao, MD, FRCPC (Dermatology)'s Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Jaggi Rao, MD, FRCPC (Dermatology) Dr. Jaggi Rao is a double board certified dermatologist (Canada and USA) and a certified cosmetic surgeon. He completed his 5 year dermatology training at the University of Alberta, followed by an accredited fellowship with the American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery in Southern California. Dr. Rao is a full Clinical Professor of Medicine at the University of Alberta. Dr. Rao has won several accolades for research and teaching, including the Canadian Dermatology Association’s Teacher of the Year Award. In 2011, he was the recipient of Avenue Magazine’s Top 40 under 40 Award. He has authored over 50 scientific papers and textbook chapters, and has been an invited speaker for over 500 lectures worldwide to physicians, other professionals, and the general public. Dr. Rao continues to lend his expertise to various organizations. He sits on the board of directors for CAAM( Canadian Association of Aesthetics Medicine) and acts as a consultant to the government (such as the Canadian Standards Association), laser and pharmaceutical industry, and professional sports teams. He is the creator and visionary behind ConsultDERM™, Canada’s largest teledermatology service, allowing health care providers timely access to assistance for patients with skin-related problems. Due to his well known expertise in laser technologies, he is the co-founder of AMT( Aesthetics Medicine Training Academy of Canada ) which has hosted the only nonbiased comprehensive course in the fundamentals of laser therapy. As he has luminary status in advanced injection techniques ,Dr. Rao is an official trainer of injectables (Botox and fillers). With his talent and passion for dermatology and cosmetic surgery, , Dr. Rao is always ready to provide education, expert advice and top notch patient care.

• English

• Mc Master Univ, Sch Of Med, Hamilton, Ont, Canada (Grad. 1998)
  • University of Alberta

• Hair loss
  • Cystic fibrosis
  • Migraine
  • Moles

• Dr Rao has luminary status in advanced injection techniques ,Dr. Rao is an official trainer of injectables (Botox and fillers).
  • Dr Rao is well known for expertise in laser technologies, he is the co-founder of AMT( Aesthetics Medicine Training Academy of Canada ) which has hosted the only nonbiased comprehensive course in the fundamentals of laser therapy.
  • In 2011, he was the recipient of Avenue Magazine’s Top 40 under 40 Award. He has authored over 50 scientific papers and textbook chapters, and has been an invited speaker for over 500 lectures worldwide to physicians, other professionals, and the general
  • Dr. Rao has won several accolades for research and teaching, including the Canadian Dermatology Association’s Teacher of the Year Award
  • Dr. Rao is a full Clinical Professor of Medicine at the University of Alberta.
  • He sits on the board of directors for CAAM( Canadian Association of Aesthetics Medicine) and acts as a consultant to the government (such as the Canadian Standards Association), laser and pharmaceutical industry, and professional sports teams.
  • He is the creator and visionary behind ConsultDERM™, Canada’s largest teledermatology service, allowing health care providers timely access to assistance for patients with skin-related problems.

Coresource