Ratings for Dr. Jaggi Rao, MD, FRCPC (Dermatology)

I had a fantastic experience with Dr. Rao just now. He was cordial, relatively on time, laid back, funny and very helpful. We will definitely be returning.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2016

The Rao Dermatology staff, in particular the nurses and Dr. Rao himself were outstanding. The appointment was quick but not rushed, very useful and the treatment plan is working. I can't ask for anything more. Thanks much! Alyssa Revere

flag | Submitted August 13, 2016

I wonder if omeid is single. He is a gem............

flag | Submitted August 12, 2016

WOW! A doctor who cares more about money, than the well-being of a child. My son requires ingrown toenails to be removed, had the procedure completed by another dermatologist, but the procedure did not work. The first procedure was the "Less invasive" procedure, now the "more invasive" procedure is required. The first dermatologist billed Health Care, like they should have, but Dr Rao's office refuses. Why you ask, well Health Care does not pay enough, so they feel a charge is required. Cannot believe a physician who can bill Health Care is worried about the "money" not being enough. This is a child we are talking about, not a cosmetic treatment for vanity.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2016

Outstanding clinic and dermatologist. The staff was very courteous, genuine and helpful. Dr. Rao himself was brief, to-the-point, but very kind, personable and knowledgable of my condition and the many treatment options. He even referred me for an unrelated issue to another specialist to better help me. A+++ experience. Thanks.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2016

I came to see Dr. Rao on three different occasions. I understand how specialists can run behind time, however his assessment was rushed and inaccurate. He prescribed a medication that was not the proper dosage, and he failed to send me for appropriate blood tests. He also explained a retinol product completely incorrectly, and treated me with liquid nitrogen, without explaining what it was before hand and discussing aftercare. His reception staff, and nurses were also rude. I felt pressured into buying extremely overpriced products. This was not a good experience.

Submitted July 15, 2016

Dr. Jaggi Rao, MD, FRCPC (Dermatology)'s response
Dear Patient, We appreciate you feedback. However, it would be appropriate for you to address it directly with us. You are stating that our staff is rude. If this was the case, We would like to know about it immediately. The Alberta DermaSurgery Center maintains a "zero tolerance" for any abuse, verbal or otherwise, whether it is coming from the client, or from any of the staff. Therefore, it must be addressed immediately. Regarding your treatments plan and product, as Health care professionals with multiple years of experience, we have numerous protocols established in order to treat multiple conditions. Due to uniqueness of each patient, their treatment plans can be tailored and molded in individual matter for the best possible results. We are always open for a discussion and are always happy to answer any questions if there is any sign of hesitance of concern from the patient's point of you. We have our email hot lines available 24/7 and everyone is welcomed to connect with us. It is extremely disappointing to see this "virtual"negativity directed to us, Dr Rao and our staff. We do not expect to be liked by everyone, it is not possible and very unrealistic. However, we are counting on fair judgement and are expecting to be given a chance to answer questions if there is any in a personal matter. To vent on the web-site, that has no filters and no control of who is posting comments and is a very primitive way of dealing with a problem, more so it does not resolve anything for a patient. Therefore, if You are a real patient please call our office or email us at feedback@raoderm.com with more details of your experience as this rating is completely inappropriate. Best regards, Rao Dermatology.

Submitted July 28, 2016

Staff is very kind and helpful and Dr. Rao is a pleasure to deal with. Sanja was my consultant and patiently answered all my questions, never made me feel like she was trying to rush me into a decision. In response to the comment below about pushing products, the consultant didn't try to sell me the most expensive procedure and after I was satisfied with my one procedure they didn't try to push any others on me so I have no idea what that guy is talking about. Very helpful that their staff answers questions over email on the weekends - I had a peel done on a Saturday and had some questions about whether it was healing properly and the technician emailed me back almost immediately after I asked questions (several times). Dr Rao is obviously busy but never makes you feel rushed. He is very kind, compassionate and down to earth. Have been to several dermatologists in Edmonton and this was by far my best experience. Kelly

flag | Submitted June 27, 2016

Dr. Jaggi Rao, MD, FRCPC (Dermatology)'s response
Hello Kelly, Thank you very much for your feedback, we greatly appreciate it. It is our goal to keep improving in order to serve our patients and clients with utmost care. We are happy to follow up with anyone and anytime whether it's a weekend or Statutory holidays as each patient is equally important to us. Our hot line is available 24/7 via email at emergency @raoderm.com or feedback@raoderm.com. Thanks again Kelly for your kind words, Marina and Carol were glad to help you and to make sure you feel comfortable and happy after your procedure. Please let us know if there is anything else. Best Regards, Rao Dermatology.

Submitted July 28, 2016

I came on here to thank Sanja for her excellent service. I read quickly the comment below. Seriously ? When I first came to dr Rao with a problem he was not only staying late to fix it but refused to charge me for months he even had my husbands alopecia injected at no charge. I assure you no one is perfect but he IS NOT about money. Anna P Beaumont

flag | Submitted June 24, 2016

Dr. Jaggi Rao, MD, FRCPC (Dermatology)'s response
Hello Anna, We appreciate your feedback and support in relation to some comments on this portal. We appreciate your kindness. People like you make our world a better place. All of the best and please let us know if there is anything else that we can do for you and your family, Best regards, Rao Dermatology.

Submitted July 28, 2016

This guy seems to be just after money and could care less about medicine. He just pushes his own products at high prices and advertises himself as being uptodate with the latest technology. Fact of the matter is that anyone can read up on all this garbage he's offering. What's most striking is all the responses he gives on this website. He seems to be really trying hard to hide his shortcomings and his unprofessionalism. Take my advice and never go to him. There's lots of dermatologists out there and he's just there to rob you!

Submitted June 14, 2016

Dr. Jaggi Rao, MD, FRCPC (Dermatology)'s response
Hello, Thank you kindly for your time and effort to publicly express your opinion. This comment a complete disappointment and makes us extremely sad. In our opinion, It is very odd and completely inappropriate for anybody to talk about a person, behind his back, and not even showing your name. All our patients and clients are encouraged to bring up any drawbacks, shortcomings and unpleasant experiences immediately to our attention. This raises a question: "who are you? and why would not you resolve any concerns directly with us? " Any one who knows Dr Rao, knows him as a compassionate and friendly person. And this comment is so unlikely to be genuine and truthful. It would have been and continues to be in your best interests to contact our clinic and let us know who you exactly are so that we can address your concerns directly. It is not logical to the point that if you are for real, please reach out to us via emergency @raoderm.com or feedback@raoderm.com. Thank you, Rao Dermatology Team.

Submitted June 15, 2016

I went to Dr Rao about a sore on my leg that I had for over two years. I found the staff from the front desk to the nurse staff very kind to me. Dr Rao treated me and explained my problem. When I went back in six weeks my sore was 110 percent better. No more itch.Dr Rao sat with explain, any more issue no its way to dissapearing. I say go see Dr Rao he is the best. PS to his nurse I like my baths now.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2016

Dr. Jaggi Rao, MD, FRCPC (Dermatology)'s response
Dear Patient, we are so happy to hear that you are doing well and your condition has improved. It is our pleasure to be able to help. Please don't hesitate to reach out to us for a follow up or if there is anything else we could help you with. Best regards, RaoDermatology.

Submitted June 15, 2016

Dr. Jaggi Rao, MD, FRCPC (Dermatology)'s Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Jaggi Rao, MD, FRCPC (Dermatology) Dr. Jaggi Rao is a double board certified dermatologist (Canada and USA) and a certified cosmetic surgeon. He completed his 5 year dermatology training at the University of Alberta, followed by an accredited fellowship with the American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery in Southern California. Dr. Rao is a full Clinical Professor of Medicine at the University of Alberta. Dr. Rao has won several accolades for research and teaching, including the Canadian Dermatology Association’s Teacher of the Year Award. In 2011, he was the recipient of Avenue Magazine’s Top 40 under 40 Award. He has authored over 50 scientific papers and textbook chapters, and has been an invited speaker for over 500 lectures worldwide to physicians, other professionals, and the general public. Dr. Rao continues to lend his expertise to various organizations. He sits on the board of directors for CAAM( Canadian Association of Aesthetics Medicine) and acts as a consultant to the government (such as the Canadian Standards Association), laser and pharmaceutical industry, and professional sports teams. He is the creator and visionary behind ConsultDERM™, Canada’s largest teledermatology service, allowing health care providers timely access to assistance for patients with skin-related problems. Due to his well known expertise in laser technologies, he is the co-founder of AMT( Aesthetics Medicine Training Academy of Canada ) which has hosted the only nonbiased comprehensive course in the fundamentals of laser therapy. As he has luminary status in advanced injection techniques ,Dr. Rao is an official trainer of injectables (Botox and fillers). With his talent and passion for dermatology and cosmetic surgery, , Dr. Rao is always ready to provide education, expert advice and top notch patient care.

• English

• University of Alberta

• Dr Rao has luminary status in advanced injection techniques ,Dr. Rao is an official trainer of injectables (Botox and fillers).
  • Dr Rao is well known for expertise in laser technologies, he is the co-founder of AMT( Aesthetics Medicine Training Academy of Canada ) which has hosted the only nonbiased comprehensive course in the fundamentals of laser therapy.
  • In 2011, he was the recipient of Avenue Magazine’s Top 40 under 40 Award. He has authored over 50 scientific papers and textbook chapters, and has been an invited speaker for over 500 lectures worldwide to physicians, other professionals, and the general
  • Dr. Rao has won several accolades for research and teaching, including the Canadian Dermatology Association’s Teacher of the Year Award
  • Dr. Rao is a full Clinical Professor of Medicine at the University of Alberta.
  • He sits on the board of directors for CAAM( Canadian Association of Aesthetics Medicine) and acts as a consultant to the government (such as the Canadian Standards Association), laser and pharmaceutical industry, and professional sports teams.
  • He is the creator and visionary behind ConsultDERM™, Canada’s largest teledermatology service, allowing health care providers timely access to assistance for patients with skin-related problems.