Outstanding Staff Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Jaggi Rao, MD, FRCPC (Dermatology)

Very busy clinic, but quite efficient and methodical. I appreciate getting down to it, and was impressed by the doctor and his staff. It's clear they know what they're doing.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2017

I was really pleased with the quality of recommendations and treatment Dr. Jaggi Rao provided for me. Very impressed and would ask all with skin issues to go to him. Nice, courteous staff. Professional, clean office. Worth the wait to see them.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2017

Really good experience. Fast, efficient MD. Polite staff and great service. Went for cosmetic treatment of brown spots. Couldnt be happier.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2017

Dr. Jaggi Rao, MD, FRCPC (Dermatology)'s response
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are very glad you happy with the results and that you enjoy visiting our office. It it a pleasure for us to hear that. We always strive to provide everyone with the best service and care. If there will be anything else we can help you with, please never hesitate to reach out to us. For any appointment injuiries, please email at info@raoderm.com. and list your consern or reason for appointment and preferable date and will will be happy to accomodate you. Thank you for rating Rao Dermatology.

Submitted October 13, 2017

Awesome doctor. Just saw him last month for laser treatment. Changed my life for the better. Really great staff and professional service. Can't ask for better. Thanks...Jim.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2017

Dr. Jaggi Rao, MD, FRCPC (Dermatology)'s response
Hello Jim and thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are very glad you enjoy visiting our office. It it a pleasure for us to hear that. We always strive to provide everyone with the best service and care. If there will be anything else we can help you with, please never hesitate to reach out to us. For any appointment injuiries, please email at info@raoderm.com. and list your consern or reason for appointment and preferable date and will will be happy to accomodate you. Thank you for rating Rao Dermatology.

Submitted October 13, 2017

I had a great experience at this Dermatology Centre. Dr. Rao accommodated me though I was quite anxious, frantic and scared of my skin. He was reassuring and calm. He is a great doctor with compassion and confidence. I'm happy that my skin is better...didn't think it would ever happen. Thank u. Thank u.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2017

Submitted October 13, 2017

Dr. Rao was very kind and patient with my number of skin conditions and answered every single one of them. He and his team are very compassionate and generous. He was able to even get me trade samples by writing a letter to a pharmaceutical company. My skin is greatly improved thanks to him. I couldn't be any happier and am very very grateful. Thank you so much.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2017

Dr. Jaggi Rao, MD, FRCPC (Dermatology)'s response
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are very glad that you enjoy visiting our office. It it a pleasure for us to hear that. We always strive to provide everyone with the best service and care. Unfortunately, we do have limited time in a day and work at capacity, but we always happy to accomodate everyone if we can. In return, we rely on everyone's understanding and patience. Thank you for rating Rao Dermatology.

Submitted October 13, 2017

Dr. Jaggi Rao is the worst dermatologist in Edmonton. He doesn't know much about skin disease. I went to his office for skin trouble treatment , referred by my family doctor. He gave me some ointment to treat one dark spot near my hip in June. It doesn't work. In July, eczema flared up all over my legs. He wanted to quit and sent me to another doctor in his office. My family doctor has referred me to another doctor downtown specialized in skin disease on account of Dr. Rao incompetency and rude. However, his office is extremely commercialized. It appears the advertisement will make a huge profit to fill his money chest.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2017

Dr. Jaggi Rao, MD, FRCPC (Dermatology)'s response
Thank you for your rating. Please accept our sincere apologies for your experience at our centre. We regret that you have not expressed your feedback directly to us. We are sorry you are feeling this w ay and hope that you have found a suitable care provider for your needs. Warm regards, Rao Dermatology.

Submitted October 13, 2017

I went to see Dr. Rao last year before my wedding to get my skin wedding ready. I had teenage onset acne which had never really gone away despite now being in my 30's. Dr. Rao helped fix that with some prescription medications. Once my skin had healed from that I underwent a series of laser treatments to first get rid of the redness in my skin and then to resurface and smooth it out. It made my skin absolutely glow! I can't thank Dr. Rao and his staff enough for helping making my skin wonderful. Dr. Rao was always very pleasant, as were his staff. I would recommend him to anyone 100%.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2017

Dr. Jaggi Rao, MD, FRCPC (Dermatology)'s response
Dear patient, Thank you for your kind feedback. We are glad we were able to help. Thank you for visiting and rating Rao Dermatology Centre. We appreciate your support and are hoping that you had the best experience with us.

Submitted October 13, 2017

Very gracious and hospitable group. You can tell that they are very experienced, successful and professional. They went out of their way to make me feel warm, welcome and were tremendously helpful. Most definitely a class apart.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2017

Dr. Jaggi Rao, MD, FRCPC (Dermatology)'s response
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are very glad that you enjoy visiting our office. It it a pleasure for us to hear that. We always strive to provide everyone with the best service and care. If there will be anything else we can help you with, please never hesitate to reach out to us. For any appointment injuiries, please email at info@raoderm.com. and list your consern or reason for appointment and preferable date and will will be happy to accomodate you. Thank you for rating Rao Dermatology.

Submitted October 13, 2017

Dr. Rao and his team were over-accomodating for me, having experienced a complication from another centre. It was a cosmetic laser treatment that caused a burn. They were compassionate, quick to get me in, knowledgable and useful. I know they prevented a major scar and I can't thank them enough. I am a also a healthcare professional, and this is the only dermatology centre that I would go to in Alberta.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2017

Dr. Jaggi Rao, MD, FRCPC (Dermatology)'s Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Jaggi Rao, MD, FRCPC (Dermatology) Dr. Jaggi Rao is a double board certified dermatologist (Canada and USA) and a certified cosmetic surgeon. He completed his 5 year dermatology training at the University of Alberta, followed by an accredited fellowship with the American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery in Southern California. Dr. Rao is a full Clinical Professor of Medicine at the University of Alberta. Dr. Rao has won several accolades for research and teaching, including the Canadian Dermatology Association’s Teacher of the Year Award. In 2011, he was the recipient of Avenue Magazine’s Top 40 under 40 Award. He has authored over 50 scientific papers and textbook chapters, and has been an invited speaker for over 500 lectures worldwide to physicians, other professionals, and the general public. Dr. Rao continues to lend his expertise to various organizations. He sits on the board of directors for CAAM( Canadian Association of Aesthetics Medicine) and acts as a consultant to the government (such as the Canadian Standards Association), laser and pharmaceutical industry, and professional sports teams. He is the creator and visionary behind ConsultDERM™, Canada’s largest teledermatology service, allowing health care providers timely access to assistance for patients with skin-related problems. Due to his well known expertise in laser technologies, he is the co-founder of AMT( Aesthetics Medicine Training Academy of Canada ) which has hosted the only nonbiased comprehensive course in the fundamentals of laser therapy. As he has luminary status in advanced injection techniques ,Dr. Rao is an official trainer of injectables (Botox and fillers). With his talent and passion for dermatology and cosmetic surgery, , Dr. Rao is always ready to provide education, expert advice and top notch patient care.

• English

• Mc Master Univ, Sch Of Med, Hamilton, Ont, Canada (Grad. 1998)
  • University of Alberta

• Hair loss
  • Cystic fibrosis
  • Migraine
  • Moles

• Dr Rao has luminary status in advanced injection techniques ,Dr. Rao is an official trainer of injectables (Botox and fillers).
  • Dr Rao is well known for expertise in laser technologies, he is the co-founder of AMT( Aesthetics Medicine Training Academy of Canada ) which has hosted the only nonbiased comprehensive course in the fundamentals of laser therapy.
  • In 2011, he was the recipient of Avenue Magazine’s Top 40 under 40 Award. He has authored over 50 scientific papers and textbook chapters, and has been an invited speaker for over 500 lectures worldwide to physicians, other professionals, and the general
  • Dr. Rao has won several accolades for research and teaching, including the Canadian Dermatology Association’s Teacher of the Year Award
  • Dr. Rao is a full Clinical Professor of Medicine at the University of Alberta.
  • He sits on the board of directors for CAAM( Canadian Association of Aesthetics Medicine) and acts as a consultant to the government (such as the Canadian Standards Association), laser and pharmaceutical industry, and professional sports teams.
  • He is the creator and visionary behind ConsultDERM™, Canada’s largest teledermatology service, allowing health care providers timely access to assistance for patients with skin-related problems.