Ratings for Dr. Jaggi Rao, MD, FRCPC (Dermatology)

Great doctor, beautiful clinic and kind friendly environment. I would never trade them for anybody else! They treat me like a family. Thank you Dr Rao and your wonderful staff! I'll be back for sure! Definitely recommend them to everyone!

flag | Submitted February 9, 2017

Dr. Jaggi Rao, MD, FRCPC (Dermatology)'s response
Dear Patient, Thank you for your kind words. It is greatly appreciated. We are happy to know that you had a pleasant experience with us. Best regards, Rao Dermatology Team.

Submitted February 10, 2017

Dr. Rao has great interpersonal skills however his staff - especially a woman with a slavic accent who seems to run his spa side of things is the worst I have ever come across. Very rude and unprofessional! I wont go back to Dr. Rao because of her!

flag | Submitted February 7, 2017

Dr. Jaggi Rao, MD, FRCPC (Dermatology)'s response
Hello, Firstly, we appreciate you feedback. However, it would be appropriate for you to address it directly with us. You are stating that our staff is rude. If this was the case, We would like to know about it immediately. The Alberta DermaSurgery Center maintains a "zero tolerance" for any abuse, verbal or otherwise, whether it is coming from the client, or from any of the staff. Therefore, it must be addressed immediately. Secondly, we do not have a "spa side" in our center. We are Medical DermaSyrgery facility; therefore, we are unsure what or who you are referring to. And why, if there is a TRUE MATTER and not just a malicious act through unanimous rating, would you wish to leave everything unresolved!? All of it seems very suspicious and odd! Lastly and most importantly, it is very uncommon and very unlikely feedback about our staff. That is why if you are a REAL CUSTOMER of ours, you must know that this is not a solution to this problem. We assume there must be a good reason, that you are avoiding dealing with us directly. Here are some of the most common facts about our practice every customer must be aware of: 1) Why do we refer them out to another clinic? Just as our customers are rating us, we are evaluating our customers as well. It is common for our practice to inform and refer those patients whose expectations we cannot meet for a second opinion or to another specialist. It is not because of "lack of interest". As patients evaluate us , we also do the same and despite the monetary gains that we can obtain by treating every single patient with cosmetic procedures, we elect not to. First and foremost, our priority is to satisfy our customers. In that light, we would prefer to refer patients to other doctors and loose potential income when we feel we cannot meet patient expectations. Although a referral to another doctor is made, it is solely up to the patient to decide if they trust that practitioner enough to proceed with the procedure. 2) Our cancellation policy is 48 hours for all appointments. All existing customers who have an ongoing history of late cancellations and missed appointments are always subject to a security deposit. It is unacceptable for anyone to abuse the system. Everyone's time is valuable and always can be used to help some one, not wasted. We respect that. 3) "Zero Tolerance" policy is in effect and related to both: clients and our staff. Each incident is addressed immediately. We do strongly believe in a diplomatic approach and resolution of any situation. If one of the sides breaks this rule, there will be no further relationship going forward. If satisfaction cannot be achieved on either side, we will not be able to offer our services to that client any longer. We are always happy to help any concerned client to find another health care provider. Every customer's satisfaction is our priority. We do proudly stand behind our services and are always open to a discussion if there are any concerns. Best regards, Rao Dermatology team

Submitted February 9, 2017

Great experience all round at this clinic. Been to several centers where that was not the case. Good atmosphere and professional staff. Doctor was also great, as mentioned many times before. Downside: hard doctor to see...very busy.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2017

Dr. Jaggi Rao, MD, FRCPC (Dermatology)'s response
Dear Patient, Thank you kindly for your feedback. We greatly appreciate it. We are happy that your experience with was pleasant and positive. We are looking forward to seeing you back. Best regards, Rao Dermatology team.

Submitted February 9, 2017

Very kind and lovely dermatologist. He came to Fort McMurray to do a clinic this week, when no one else did so for months. I was waiting almost a year to see someone with my horrible psoriasis, and he was very patient, kind and compassionate. He prescribed a more advanced treatment that is going to be safer than my cream regimen, and I'm sure it will clear me faster. Looking forward to following up with Dr. Rao in Edmonton. Thank you so much!

flag | Submitted January 28, 2017

Dr. Jaggi Rao, MD, FRCPC (Dermatology)'s response
Dear Patient, Thanks for your feedback and time. We appreciate you sharing your opinion with the others. We are looking forward to seeing you back for a check up. It may take some time for your condition to improve, but please know that we are here to help you. Best regards, Rao Dermatology.

Submitted February 9, 2017

I was refered to doctor Rao after lip injection complications occurred (from a different clinic, in another city) . Dr.Rao took me under his wing as if I was a patient of his from the get go. He is more than accommodating, always on time and so knowledgeable. He truly makes you feel like your his only patient for the day - he never makes it feel as if your being rushed or your concerns are not legitimate. I would highly recommend Dr.Rao to anyone!

flag | Submitted January 18, 2017

Dr. Jaggi Rao, MD, FRCPC (Dermatology)'s response
Dear patient, Thank you for your kind wards. We are happy we were able to help. It is a reward to us to know that you are doing better and that you had a good experience with us. We are looking forward to see you back when required. Best regards, Rao Dermatology team.

Submitted February 9, 2017

Outstanding dermatologist and staff. Very helpful and effective management of my sun damage. Slight wait, but worth it.

flag | Submitted December 27, 2016

Dr. Jaggi Rao, MD, FRCPC (Dermatology)'s response
Dear Patient, Thank you for the feedback. We appreciate it. Best regards, Rao Dermatology Team.

Submitted February 9, 2017

I was referred to Dr. Rao twice in all for my face, by my trusted eye surgeon but he, in turn, referred me to another dermatologist after declining my desired minor cosmetic procedure himself , and who according to his co-ordinator was new to Edm and much 'better'. I believed this to be true but found out it is not-- his peer left my face lumpy and I was unexpectedly $$ gouged to the max, leaving my pockets turned inside out, credit card maxxed, and no further ahead but to find an actually qualified interested practitioner to now correct my face. Cannot recommend--just beware if he passes you off due to lack of interest himself. Apparently dermatologists are in it for the $ because it is so lucrative these days, not for the care or the specialty itself with helping patients, is my experience with this one and his peer.

flag | Submitted December 26, 2016

Dr. Jaggi Rao, MD, FRCPC (Dermatology)'s response
Dear Marilyn K., Thanks for your review. We are must say that we are appalled by it. It is sad and unfortunate that you are feeling that way, but we would like to reiterate that we did not feel that we could meet your expectations and that is why we did not want to take your money and hence a referral was made to another specialist. It was clearly not because of "lack of interest". As patients evaluate us , we also do the same and despite the monetary gains that we can obtain by treating every single patient with cosmetic procedures, we elect not to. First and foremost, our priority is to satisfy our customers. In that light, we would prefer to refer patients to other doctors and loose potential income when we feel we cannot meet patient expectations. Moreover, although a referral to another doctor is made, it is solely up to the patient to decide if they trust that practitioner enough to proceed with the procedure. Thanks, Rao Dermatology.

Submitted December 29, 2016

Just finished an apptmt. with Dr. Rao for my daughter - Rao rhymes with WOW and for good reason! We were both extremely impressed with Dr. Rao's willingness to view 3 different issues in one appointment, offering alternatives not suggested by other dermatologists. Dr. Rao is professional, polite and very reassuring. I immediately telephoned the referring doctor's office to advise Dr. Ho with how impressed we were, and the receptionist taking my call is going to be referred to Dr. Rao by her G.P. Thank you for the courtesy extended to my daughter, we look forward to our follow-up in February! Beautiful clinic! Kudos for a GREAT appointment!!

Submitted December 13, 2016

Dr. Jaggi Rao, MD, FRCPC (Dermatology)'s response
Dear patient, Thank you kindly for you generous feedback. It is greatly appreciated. We also looking forward to seeing you back and hoping that everything is going well for you and your daughter. Thanks and kind regards, Rao Dermatology Team.

Submitted February 9, 2017

I just saw Dr. Rao today in Fort McMurray. It was a great visit and he was very kind, patient and helpful. He took the time to come all the way from Edmonton to see me and other patients, because we haven't had a dermatologist up here in over a year (the last one was Dr. Rogers). He definitely didn't have to come. I wish he was always here, and I know this is how others feel too. Great doctor!!!

flag | Submitted December 10, 2016

Dr. Jaggi Rao, MD, FRCPC (Dermatology)'s response
Dear patient, Thank you kindly for your review. We appreciate your time and initiative to share your opinion with the others. We always happy to help. Best regards, Rao Dermatoilogy Team.

Submitted February 9, 2017

He only spent a lil time on me without listening to what i had to say and was offering me to buy their products

Submitted November 29, 2016

Dr. Jaggi Rao, MD, FRCPC (Dermatology)'s response
We appreciate your feedback. In our clinic, we always provide options for our clients. The choice and decision is yours. We do stand behind our services & products, that is why if something made you unhappy, you must let us immediately know about it. By posting a review on this page, you are not helping anyone: not yourself, not other clients. If there is a problem, it must be addressed directly with us as it can be resolved only by us. This is an independent web-site, that has nothing to do with our practice. If the reason of your post here is just to harm our practice, it is sad as your problem is still unresolved and we unable even to follow up with you and help you. We understand, we cannot be a good match for every client we see in our center. But we respect those who lets us know what was done wrong and if there is anything that can be improved in our services. If you are a true client of ours, please reach out to us at feedback@raoderm.com and explain your situation in more details. This review is not a resolution to your concern. Thank you & Kind regards, Rao Dermatology.

Submitted December 5, 2016

Dr. Jaggi Rao, MD, FRCPC (Dermatology)'s Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Jaggi Rao, MD, FRCPC (Dermatology) Dr. Jaggi Rao is a double board certified dermatologist (Canada and USA) and a certified cosmetic surgeon. He completed his 5 year dermatology training at the University of Alberta, followed by an accredited fellowship with the American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery in Southern California. Dr. Rao is a full Clinical Professor of Medicine at the University of Alberta. Dr. Rao has won several accolades for research and teaching, including the Canadian Dermatology Association’s Teacher of the Year Award. In 2011, he was the recipient of Avenue Magazine’s Top 40 under 40 Award. He has authored over 50 scientific papers and textbook chapters, and has been an invited speaker for over 500 lectures worldwide to physicians, other professionals, and the general public. Dr. Rao continues to lend his expertise to various organizations. He sits on the board of directors for CAAM( Canadian Association of Aesthetics Medicine) and acts as a consultant to the government (such as the Canadian Standards Association), laser and pharmaceutical industry, and professional sports teams. He is the creator and visionary behind ConsultDERM™, Canada’s largest teledermatology service, allowing health care providers timely access to assistance for patients with skin-related problems. Due to his well known expertise in laser technologies, he is the co-founder of AMT( Aesthetics Medicine Training Academy of Canada ) which has hosted the only nonbiased comprehensive course in the fundamentals of laser therapy. As he has luminary status in advanced injection techniques ,Dr. Rao is an official trainer of injectables (Botox and fillers). With his talent and passion for dermatology and cosmetic surgery, , Dr. Rao is always ready to provide education, expert advice and top notch patient care.

• English

• Mc Master Univ, Sch Of Med, Hamilton, Ont, Canada (Grad. 1998)
  • University of Alberta

• Hair loss
  • Cystic fibrosis
  • Migraine
  • Moles

• Dr Rao has luminary status in advanced injection techniques ,Dr. Rao is an official trainer of injectables (Botox and fillers).
  • Dr Rao is well known for expertise in laser technologies, he is the co-founder of AMT( Aesthetics Medicine Training Academy of Canada ) which has hosted the only nonbiased comprehensive course in the fundamentals of laser therapy.
  • In 2011, he was the recipient of Avenue Magazine’s Top 40 under 40 Award. He has authored over 50 scientific papers and textbook chapters, and has been an invited speaker for over 500 lectures worldwide to physicians, other professionals, and the general
  • Dr. Rao has won several accolades for research and teaching, including the Canadian Dermatology Association’s Teacher of the Year Award
  • Dr. Rao is a full Clinical Professor of Medicine at the University of Alberta.
  • He sits on the board of directors for CAAM( Canadian Association of Aesthetics Medicine) and acts as a consultant to the government (such as the Canadian Standards Association), laser and pharmaceutical industry, and professional sports teams.
  • He is the creator and visionary behind ConsultDERM™, Canada’s largest teledermatology service, allowing health care providers timely access to assistance for patients with skin-related problems.