Ratings for Susan Reed, M.Ed, COACCPP, Dip IABMCP, RP

More than happy to give Susan and her practice 5 stars. Extremely competent, very engaging and obviuosly prepares for each appointment. She always gets to the point of the issue and gives me the tools and knowlage I need to move forward. Thank you so much for your help and support.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2019

Susan Reed, M.Ed, COACCPP, Dip IABMCP, RP's response
Thank you for your kind review. We read all reviews and value the feedback. Practice Manager, Susan Reed Therapy.

Submitted October 24, 2019

Susan helps me handle and control my anxiety. I tried in the past and nothing helped. I'm feeling better. Still a ways to go but I can feel a difference. I'm happy to recommend her.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2019

Susan Reed, M.Ed, COACCPP, Dip IABMCP, RP's response
Thank you for your review. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience.

Submitted September 30, 2019

My partner was very reluctant to attend "couples therapy" but after two years of constant arguing I decided to see Susan by myself. Susan helped me navigate some difficult problems in my relationship and eventually (and reluctantly) my partner attended a session. It wasnt at all what he expected and even went on to have two appointments by himself! We are now taking a break but wanted to thank Susan (and her receptionist) for all the help, support and expert advise. We really are in a much better place now. We will ofcourse reach out in the future should we need to. Thank you!

flag | Submitted September 19, 2019

Susan Reed, M.Ed, COACCPP, Dip IABMCP, RP's response
Thank you for your review. Deciding to explore "Couples" therapy can be very intimidating for one or both involved. In most cases once the initial appointment has been attended we find our couples move forward quite quickly and become more relaxed and open. Thank you for your feedback.

Submitted September 30, 2019

Loving my appointments. Warm, caring yet firm and always engaging and engaged. A very talented and highly qualified therapist. Thank you!!

flag | Submitted September 6, 2019

Susan Reed, M.Ed, COACCPP, Dip IABMCP, RP's response
We are happy to hear you are finding your appointments both engaging and productive. Thank you for your review. Practice Manager, Susan Reed Therapy.

Submitted September 9, 2019

Susan Reed has helped me in so many different ways. Professionally she is astute, insightful, sometimes tough but extreamly caring and warm. I always look forward to my monthly visit. I agree with most of these reviews and very happy to highly recommend.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2019

Susan Reed, M.Ed, COACCPP, Dip IABMCP, RP's response
Thank you for your kind review. We appreciate your comments and feedback. Practice Manager, Susan Reed Therapy.

Submitted September 9, 2019

I found it quite stressful trying to find a therapist. I did not really know what I was looking for. When I contacted this office I was given all of the information I needed, made to feel understood and able to talk with the receptionist freely and ask questions without embarrassment. Importantly I feel very comfortable when I attend my appointments with Susan Reed. I find after every appointment I have made progress. Sometimes lots, sometimes only small steps but always moving forward. I have just finished after 3 months but am sure I will return in the future. Happy to give 5 stars!

flag | Submitted June 13, 2019

Susan Reed, M.Ed, COACCPP, Dip IABMCP, RP's response
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We always try to ensure every inquiry received is treated with the utmost respect and with full confidentiality. We hope your progress continues and you achieve all you are wanting to achieve from this service and from life in general. Practice Manager, Susan Reed Therapy.

Submitted June 13, 2019

Susan offers me a safe and confidential space to work through my feelings, inner fears and thoughts. She has never judged me and always makes sure I am in a good head space when the session finishes. I only wish I could see her more often!!

flag | Submitted May 27, 2019

Susan Reed, M.Ed, COACCPP, Dip IABMCP, RP's response
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. Susan Reed Therapy.

Submitted May 27, 2019

Susan Read is a Registered Psychotherapist NOT a Registered Psychologist. There is a big difference between the two. Psychologists usually have doctorate degrees and are allowed to diagnose mental health disorders. Psychologists also have to go through rigorous training as well as supervision after graduating plus write 3 major exams to be licensed. ONLY Psychologists are permitted to call themselves Psychologists. Psychotherapists are not permitted to do so. Clients should not be submitting fees for insurance benefits claiming they are seeing a Psychologist when they're not; this can constitutes insurance fraud and clients could be in trouble. If one is seeing a psychotherapist, then they need to claim it as such unless the Psychotherapist is being supervised by a Registered She has had a long time to correct her listing here and on the 3 Best Rated Psychologists site but hasn't chosen not to probably because she prefers to advertise herself as a Psychologist to acquire more business. She is misleading people. If one' insurance covers a Psychologist and not a Psychotherapist , then one cannot claim benefits if they are seeing Susan. She needs to make this clear to future and current clients. Her practice manager's earlier response does not clarify this.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2019

Susan Reed, M.Ed, COACCPP, Dip IABMCP, RP's response
Once again, we thank you for your "review." We refer you and past, current and new clients to our previous answer. As I pointed out, we are part of Mills Gosse Psychological Corporation and as such clients are able to claim through their extended health care benefits if they have coverage for either a registered Psychologist or a registered Psychotherapist. Being part of a group practice such as Mills Gosse is extremely common practice in Ontario and fully supported and endorsed by all of the major health care providers and as you probably know also endorsed by the College of Psychologists of Ontario. In 2015 the College of Psychotherapists was launched with a few insurance companies recently including this designation within the plans they offer. Within time all of the health care providers will likely include this new designation in the plans they offer. As part of a group practice clients will be able to access our services using their coverage for a registered Psychologist. As always we will not ask this post to be removed as this is "not a review" as we accept all views and opinions as valid. Please refer to www.susanreedtherapy.com for a full list of qualifications, credentials and other more detailed information. We hope that answers your concerns. Practice Manager, Susan Reed Therapy. (we were under the impression it was only possible to post one review on this site. Multiple negative or malicious ratings be will be reported.)

Submitted May 22, 2019

Very happy I called Susan Reed. I have been struggling with anxiety for as long as I can remember but finally feel I am regaining control of my life. Very compassionate and caring therapist. I have learned new ways of coping and have a new insight into my condition. I am actually looking forward. Thanks for you help and support.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2019

Susan Reed, M.Ed, COACCPP, Dip IABMCP, RP's response
Thank you for your comments. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts. Susan Reed Therapy.

Submitted May 22, 2019

I was a bit confused to read the review below as I have just finished a series of 7 sessions with Susan and wanted to give her a positive review. I claimed all of my appointments through my extended coverage for registered Psychologist. The practice manager explained the group practice agreament of informed consent and insurance invoice to me when I first started. When I checked with my insurance company they told me this was perfectly normal, completely in order and I would be able to claim the fee (which I did). Susan was and is an amazing therapist and I cant wait until my insurance renews so I can return for another 7 appointments. 5 stars...and thank you.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2019

Susan Reed, M.Ed, COACCPP, Dip IABMCP, RP's response
Thank you for your comments. We too were a little confused by the review you mention but we accept all comments good, bad or indifferent. People have different reasons for posting many different opinions and views but we are always more than happy to clarify and respond. (It can be a little confusing with two colleges, group practices and insurance claims) We always explain fully how to navigate these areas to all of our clients and offer full insurance administration support throughout the relationship with our practice (and beyond if required). Thank you for your kind review, we are very happy to hear you had a great experience. We wish you well with everything you want to achieve and look forward to seeing you when / if you decide to return. Practice Manager, Susan Reed Therapy.

Submitted May 21, 2019

Susan Reed, M.Ed, COACCPP, Dip IABMCP, RP's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Counselling Psychology and is a member of the The Ontario Association of Consultants, Counsellors, Psychometrists and Psychotherapists. She works in full-time private practice, providing cognitive-behavioural therapy to individuals and couples. Susan is a Diplomate in both Psychotherapy and Counseling with the International Academy of Behavioral Medicine, Counseling and Psychotherapy; and a clinical member of the Collage of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario. Susan also has extensive experience working with Employee Assistance Programs and in Rehabilitation. Her areas of interest include anxiety, depression, relationship and sexual issues, pain management, and parenting concerns. Susan’s professional style is warm, supportive, and engaging. Her commitment to her clients is to remain current and offer the most effective strategies and interventions possible. As such, Susan can often be found taking courses and involved in professional development activities.

• French