Ratings for Dr. Susan Reed

Susan is a fantastic therapist and Andy the receptionist is also very competent. I am feeling 99% better since the desperate time I was going through when I first reached out. I still go all the time to work through some life issues. The other bonus is Alice who is the friendliest and cutest greeter you could ever want. I give her at least 10 pats everytime I go. In any case, if you are thinking of going, I would suggest you give it a go, what do you have to lose except your depression and anxiety? (If that's what ails you) In any case best of luck with your treatment.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2017

Having read the reviews for Susan Reed I have to say i was disappointed with my visit. It took me over two weeks to get an appointment only to find out she does not deal with addictions. I wish her website made this clear. She did give me some useful referrals and offered to help me find a more suitable therapist. Very nice person, obviously very qualifed but just not in the area i need. Seems like a very good practice but i feel i wasted my fee due to the website not being clear.

Dr. Susan Reed's response
We are sorry to here this. While we make every effort to list the services available here at Susan Reed Therapy on both our website and facebook page we will look into making it clearer that we do not deal with addictions. Thank you for your feed back

Submitted July 19, 2017

Oopps. Finger slip (see below) Susan is alway on time :)

Dr. Susan Reed's response
Thank you for getting someone to clarify this for you :)

Submitted July 19, 2017

Get a dose of reality and a helping hand at the same time.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2017

Not the cheapest nor the most expencive but certainly worth every penny. My frieind recommended Susan to help with my anxiety. I wasnt to sure at first but after the first 3 sessions I found I was begining to be able to manage my symptoms for the first time in years. I still take medication but Susan is helping me with a plan to reduce my dosage and hopefully end my medication completely in the future. I see Susan just once a month now. I have just recommended her to my cousin!

flag | Submitted July 17, 2017

Both my partner and I are so grateful to Susan for all the help and support in rebuilding our relationship. A truley remarkable therapist. We have never "rated" anyone before online but wanted to share our experience so that others who maybe like us had not seen a therapist before would be more likely to reach out. Thank you Susan, we will be back should we feel the need.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2017

Terribly biased and unprofessional. Clearly takes sides during couples therapy and then does nothing but criticise the other partner behind their back. Never ever consider using her, and if you already are, then switch to someone else asap.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2017

Dr. Susan Reed's response
We are truly sorry to hear you are so upset with the service you received. We are somewhat confused as to the fact that all our current couples are continuing with us here at Susan Reed Therapy. From time to time things just don't "fit" and as a long established private practice we understand this and will sometimes refer clients to other therapists if we feel a better "fit" would be available elsewhere. We do also understand that sometimes couples decide to separate even after therapy and this can cause ill feeling, hurt and sometimes even anger by one or both parties. In these cases we always strive to minimise such feelings and indeed focus on the best steps forward. Other times a partner may not like having to face some difficult issues and also may not be receptive to third party input and insight. As for the comments of "taking sides" or "criticising behind a clients back". this is never the case. Our sessions can be quite difficult at times and sometimes when dealing with couples one or other may be more dominant. Further more, occasionally some issues that are raised can be painful and difficult to deal with but at all times we support our clients through this process with the utmost professionalism and clinical care. The comments above do not reflect any therapy sessions here at Susan Reed Therapy. Its simply not how the process works so we feel there maybe some other underlying issues coming to the forefront here. If you would like to discuss this issue please feel free to contact us here at the office. In any case we certainly wish you and your partner all the very best for the future and hope you find another therapist with who you are more comfortable with.

Submitted July 17, 2017

Great therapist. Worth the two week wait for our first appointment.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2017

Sorry, i did the review below and miss type a 1 star instead of a 5 star for her receptionist. He is great! Sorry!

flag | Submitted June 19, 2017

Dr. Susan Reed's response
Thank you for contacting us and then "Rate My MD" to allow you a second post to get your previous post (below) rectified :) We understand RMMD will not remove posts but are glad they recognised part of your review was in error giving you a second opportunity :) The office manager always tries to be accommodating, professional and above all respect our clients privacy and confidentiality . Thank you for your positive feedback!

Submitted July 19, 2017

Susan Reed was recommended by my doctor to help me with my anxiety and other family and relationship problems. Susans office is comfortable and not at all what i expected. I was made to feel at ease from my first contact through to my first appointment. Everything was explained to me from the start and her receptionist is so easy to deal with. I have had 4 sessions now and i am already begining to regain control of my life. My only regret is i didnt find Susan sooner. Highly recmmend especially if like me this is your first time seeking this sort of help. Thank you!

flag | Submitted June 19, 2017

Dr. Susan Reed's response
We are sorry you rated our staff member at a 1 star. We hope this is an error and perhaps you can contact us to discuss why you rated the staff at only a one star. If there is anything we can improve upon to make your visits more comfortable or productive we will of course be open to discussing this with you but from reading the content of your review we feel this may have been a miss type.

Dr. Susan Reed's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

AARP