Ratings for Dr. Susan Reed

Susan Reed is a truly inspirational therapist. Having tried two others in the past I have found Susan to be in a league of her own. I have never written a review before but I felt I had to collaborate the other reviews I have read about her. It did take a little while to get a first regular appointment slot but I was lucky and manged to get a cancellation within a few weeks. Once I started her office manager ensured I was able to get follow up appointments on a fairly regular basis until now because I am taking a break as I feel after just 5 appointments I have made so much progress. Susan is happy to see me whenever I decide I may need a little advise or help and her office are always so helpful in making space for me. Thank you so much Susan Reed Therapy. Highly recommend!!

flag | Submitted October 17, 2017

Finally a therapist who actually engages, does research on your behalf and actually helps you! Thank you so much Susan, many wasted years are coming to an end and I am actually beginning to enjoy life again. VERY highly recommend!!

flag | Submitted September 18, 2017

My husband and I were very nervous before our first visit to see Susan. We had no idea what to expect. What we found was a very astute and engaging therapist who is obviously in the role she was meant to be in. I cannot thank her enough. Even my husband who was extremely sceptical had to admit after our 3rd session he was actually looking forward to coming back. We are currently taking a break as we seem to have resolved the thorny issue that had been bugging us for many many months but both of us agree that we should and will touch base with Susan from time to time for a "tune up". Thank you Susan Reed Therapy! Highly recommend.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2017

Susan was definitely worth the 2 weeks we had to wait. Thank you so very much for your honesty, integrity, knowledge and patience! It took us a few sessions to begin to "get it" but you made sure we did! Highly recommend.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2017

Excellent therapist, great practice, great results. Thank you so much Susan Reed.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2017

I have been a client of Susans on and off for nearly 10 years and she really does know her s#*t! She is the "go to" person for me and some of my family. Unbiased, independant, knowledgeable, firm yet extremely nice and easy to get akong with. Its a shame she is my therapist as this is the type of friend everyone needs! Hohnest, reliable and insightful. Thank you for all the advise and care you have given me over the years.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2017

Susan is wonderful! We've been seeing her for relationship therapy and honestly I have seen such a difference in the way my husband and I interact. I'm SO sick of reading reviews that say she takes the female side, or someone's side. The fact is, she gives you a harsh dose of reality into what you're doing wrong in the relationship, and how it's really making other people feel, and she doesn't hold back. Don't get me wrong, she's extremely sweet and pleasant and has excellent 'bed side manor' but if you are being abusive/intolerant/unfair to your partner in the relationship, she will not hesitate to tell you "what you're doing is wrong." I get some people might not be ready to hear someone else tell them how it really is, but seriously that's the reason you're in therapy because something is wrong, or you need help changing the way you think! If you want someone just to hold your hand, listen to you complain, and tell you you're not doing anything wrong, then do NOT go to Susan. She'll actually put things into perspective for you, and legitimately help you change the way you think, and cope with things that are making your life hard while at the same time making you feel better about your issues and help you make whatever change you need to in your life as positive as possible. She truly is amazing!

Dr. Susan Reed

Dr. Susan Reed's response
Thank you for your review. We really do appreciate it.

Submitted August 3, 2017

Had to wait 10 days for my first appointment but certainly worth the wait. My neice recommended me to Susan for help with my anxiety. Although I am still feeling anxcious, working with Susan is really helping. I was a bit hesitant as she works from a home office and thought maybe she was just a part time councellor but my neice told me to go. In fact her office is very professional and comfortable with a reception area where my niece waited for me. Her receptionist was very nice and made me feel at ease. Susan is obviously a very competent full time therapist and is helping me move forward with my life. Thank you.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2017

My husband and I saw Susan for a few months after going through a very difficult time. Although my husband did not want to come with me at first he very quickly found the sessions very helpful and we now see Susan as and when we feel the need. A wonderful therapist, very insightful. The office is very discrete and comfortable and what a garden!! Thank you so much.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2017

I too found Susan to be gender biased. She continually took my side of our story before hearing my husbands side which felt great at the moment but i regretted it when my husband and I talked about it later. Staying neutral didn't seem to be her strong skill.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2017

Dr. Susan Reed

Dr. Susan Reed's response
We are very sorry to hear this. "Taking sides" just never forms part of the session and insn't a form of therapy. Did you speak with Susan about this at your next session? We have looked at our files and cannot find anyone where this could have been seen to happen although sometimes one partner may feel they are on the "back foot" but this normally evens out as a couple go through the process. Couples therapy can be challenging but at all times the sessions are formed in a safe, fair and confidential setting. The couples we are currently working with are all making good progress. We do note that recently we had two very negative reviews from one particular client who we have had to report to this site and the authorities for posting untrue and defamatory infomation about this practice. We are aware of the reasons and hope this person continues to seek help. We do however leave all reviews un edited both good and bad. Getting a good fit and feeling comfortable with your theraist is almost as important as the skill set of the person you decide to see. It seems that perhaps in this case there may have been a misunderstanding. However, as we said, we do not have any current or recent couples with who this review could even slightly match. Perhaps you could contact the office so we can confirm this review as non malicious and address the issue for you. In any case we certainly wish you well.

Submitted August 3, 2017

Dr. Susan Reed's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients