Ratings for Dr. Edward F Woods

There are a million amazing and wonderful things that can be said about Dr. Woods but what amazes me the most is his human kindness. He is a VERY busy urologist but each time I see him I'm treated as if I'm his only patient. He is straight forward and honest and his staff are wonderful.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2017

Dr. Woods left Scarb.General a few years ago and I understand that he left to take up a Chief of Urology position in the Kingston/Belvile area. Dr. Woods treated me a 65 yr old male) for several years for a prostate problem then eventually recommended and performed the leading edge "green light laser" TURP procedure to trim my prostate. This was about eight years ago and I had an excellent recovery. He stated that the procedure may have to be repeated in 8-10 years as the prostate can enlarge again over time. In my opinion, "it would be worth the drive to Belville" if he is there. Dr. Woods and another doctor used an ultrasound to break up a kidney stone on an elephant at the TO Zoo. This work was featured in a Toronto Star article and on TV. The elephant was in tears prior to the procedure and seemed to be smiling and extremely relieved as he urinated on top of one of the doctors as the stone fragments came out. I immediately requested a referral to see Dr. Woods.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2014