Ratings for Dr. Jill Ortiz

I wanted to have faith in this doctor, but I can’t. For three years, she has been nonchalant about two specific areas on my face that were raised and discolored. I visit her every year as I have a history of skin cancers; and for three years, when I have brought my Concerns to her, she has just said “Hmm,” and did nothing. This is three years, two separate locales. Today I received word that the spots are both squamous cell carcinomas. Ortiz had 6 opportunities to intercept one of these skin cancers, and she didn’t even bother to biopsy them. Three years. It was a PA that finally did the biopsy the other day. Needless to say, I’m furious. A one time miss, I can understand. Science is not a perfect art. I am a trained scientist. I get it. But missing six opportunities to diagnose is completely unacceptable. I don’t know what’s wrong with Ortiz. Burn out? Tired? Needs to retire and work at Starbucks? If skin cancer is a concern for you, avoid her.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2018