Ratings for Dr. Brendan Klar

If you have a knee problem in Canberra then Dr Klar is your man. Besides the fact that he is the best at what he does, he is also an all round top bloke. He actually cares about his patients which is why you end up waiting a little longer to see him. He gives a detailed diagnosis with all your options and explains things so the average bloke can understand. Keep in mind that he only performs surgery in private hospitals but the reason why is that he is that good. I came in with quite a complex knee injury on a Thursday which needed urgent attention and he had holidays booked for the Sunday. No worries, he shuffled a few things around and found a spot for me on the Friday but not without doing all the necessary tests to see if it was safe for it to go ahead. The guy is a genuinely great human being who isn't after just your money rather your well being. I couldn't recommend him enough and I want to thank him again for helping me out in an otherwise bad situation.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2016

Extremely helpful and approachable. The best foot surgeon in town. Values patient care above all. Though rated him low with punctuality in his consultations, probably because of the tremendous number of patients who come to see him. Nevertheless, like I said, excellent surgeon.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2016

I found this surgeon approachable and knowledgable. The surgery went well and I would go through it again if needs be. Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2016

Dr Klar was able to take my badly damaged knee and reconstruct it back to the point where I can walk and work with ease. I am grateful for the improved quality of life he has helped me achieve.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2016

I don't much care whether Brendan is punctual or not, it's the quality of the job that is done, and I am delighted with the outcome of my knee replacement. The angle of my knee flex ion has turned out better than his estimate. He promised me very little pain. After years of hydromorphone to partially relieve the pain I found some days in rehab I had to lie about feeling any pain. His anaesthetist in my case was David Duke...a master craftsman of separating out one side from the other for epidural pain management....if you've got a dodgy knee he's your man...even if you come from out of town. Oh yes every morning he'd be in, dressed for work to check in on how his surgical patients were progressing...this guy is committed to his job and getting superb outcomes.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2016

Dr Klar is empathetic, skilled and caring. He may not always run on time but he is in demand and undoubtedly expert at what he does.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2015

I found Dr Klar condescending and his staff arrogant. I was kept waiting at an appt up to 20mins and his staff don't always puck up the phone.

flag | Submitted December 28, 2014