Ratings for Dr. Bret Schifke

As other patients have commented, always in a rush. He once took a personal phone call while I was still in the room and told them he couldn't give his bank info out over the phone because I was in the room. Then proceeded to ask me to shut the door behind me when I left - with a baby and car seat in one arm and a diaper bag in the other I struggled. He also sent out $30 invoices for chart transfers when we got a new doctor because he is leaving province - which is illegal when a physician initiates the change. The med students working with him did a much more thorough job and had better bedside manner.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2017

Always in a rush to get you out the door, I would rate Dr Bret as average at best - Didn't even let his patients know that he was leaving the province to go to BC - This left a bunch of patients hanging without a doctor unless you went with his last minute recommendation - Glad he left, I was in the process of locating another doctor ...

flag | Submitted July 4, 2017

Can not say enough good things about Dr Schifke my mom just turned 85 and she would not be here if were not for the fact we moved her to Dr Schifke a year and a half ago. She is in better health now then shes been in years! He ran alot of tests referred us to great Blood pressure specialist who has changed her life . He also discussed depression in seniors which was a huge help to my mom . He listens respectfully and replys thoughtfully which means a lot these days especially as his practice continues to grown and he gets busier. A wonderful young DR

flag | Submitted January 6, 2017

He is very Pigheaded, I just delayed 10 minutes but he made me waiting for 90 minutes .

flag | Submitted October 5, 2016

He was a jerk and didn't explain why he was prescribing anything. I had to see him bveuase my family doctor was on mat-leave. Ended up asking the staff to see another doctor. He seemed like I was a huge inconvenience to his time and took not even 5 minutes. Told me. "You'll probably have diarrhea but that's life". Awful doctor!!!

flag | Submitted August 22, 2016

I have been with Dr. Schifke for over year and consider myself very lucky. He is knowledgeable, efficient, thorough, and compassionate. As a human being I don't expect him to have perfect memory and I appreciate it when he doesn't know the answer to my medical question, he will look it up in his resource database. For me personally I also like the fact that he is a young family doctor and I can easily see myself going to him well into my senior years, up to the point when he retires. He has a sense of humour but also quite serious (not in an intimidating way) which is not a bad thing, I expect it from someone in his profession. The few treatments I have received from him have had a decidedly positive impact in my life. I wish him all the best and a long fruitful career.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2016

Very happy to have dr Bret as my dr. He really is great

flag | Submitted February 10, 2016

Fabulous young man. Knowledgable and kind. Nothing is too much trouble and his compassion with seriously ill patients is heart wrenching for the family and this causes him to run late. However when you are on the receiving end of this care you are grateful that at that moment you have his full attention

flag | Submitted February 9, 2016

I've been seeing Dr. Schifke for a few months now. He's very easy to talk to, and he remembers things from my previous visits. Dr. Schifke has a sense of humor but he takes serious things seriously. I consider him very competent, and I feel fortunate to have him as my family doctor.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2016

Dr. Schifke is a great Doctor! I am so glad that I found him and that he is my physician. ........................

flag | Submitted December 9, 2015