Ratings for Dr. Bret Schifke

I had Dr Bret Schifke as my Dr for 4 yrs. I always found him to be kind and knowledgeable. He would alway Listen to what I had to say . If a referral was required he would consult specialist . I am truly sorry that he moved away and If he ever came back I would love to have him as my Dr again.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2017

Announced my problems with E.D. to the whole waiting room. I have been having performance anxiety since my wife left me and its not an easy issue to bring up with anyone...doctors included. He wouldnt even make eye contact with me. Asked how much I self romance and watch adult videos. Mind you...with a very loud voice. I walked out and people in the waiting room were literally looking at anf snickering at me...worst experience with a doctor I have EVER had. I feel rage now.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2017

I have seen this Doctor several times at the West Kelowna walk in clinic. He has been helpful and respectful every time. I felt listened to which was important to me. He referred me to a specialust when he felt that my injury required further attention. So far, I am impressed.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2017

This doctor is unprofessional and arrogant. He had me wait with my three children (5, 3, and 8 months) in a treatment room for over an hour. When he walked in he was really rude and seemingly annoyed. We thought my daughter had a UTI as she had an urgency to pee but couldn't. She peed in the cup and then he analyzed it. He was gone for another 30 minutes to do just a culture and knew I had these three kids w me! By now my kids are a little edgy. He comes back in and says, "you should probably just take her to the ER cause I don't know what to say".... I asked if there were cultures in there that could represent an infection and he said minimal but that she probably has a blockage - and that I would be very "stupid" to not take my 5 year old into the ER. I proceeded to remind him that she just peed (alot) into a cup and had peed early.. so a blockage is unlikely. I asked what they would do in the ER - he said a catheter to get a better sample. Overall, it was a poor attempt at an assessment with very little knowledge, time or compassion. associated. I asked for the prescription and left. She took it and was good in a day. Overall this guy has no manners, I don't know how he achieved his MD and clearly has this position because of our shortage of doctors. He is in the wrong profession and we are unlucky to have him here.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2017

Dr Bret Schifke is now located at "West Kelowna Walk- in and Family" which is in Westbank BC not Winnipeg. I was told the wait would be about 20 mins and I got in the room after 16 mins. Which is extremely good for walk in. Except for the fact that I sat in the room waiting for this guy for 55 mins. When he came in he was not friendly, never smiled, was brash, and seemed in a hurry. I came in for a rash which turned out to be eczema and then I had to ask him one more question but he was already standing and had the door open when he was almost done talking to me about the eczema. When I mentioned I had one more question about a vaccine, he seemed annoyed and sat back down. When he was filling out the form for blood work to check if I'd had a vaccine - out of nowhere he asks if I'm sexually active or on birth control. I said no and he said "oh so you're living as a nun?". And then he said I recommend you take a prenatal vitamin. I asked why and he said "if you have an unplanned pregnancy then at least it'll be healthy". I assumed this was all related to the blood test but no. I was shocked. I found the whole thing really disrespectful. And I left the clinic upset. I rated staff a 4 because the Office assistants were nice but couldn't give a 5 because my experience with this doctor was so awful.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2017

As other patients have commented, always in a rush. He once took a personal phone call while I was still in the room and told them he couldn't give his bank info out over the phone because I was in the room. Then proceeded to ask me to shut the door behind me when I left - with a baby and car seat in one arm and a diaper bag in the other I struggled. He also sent out $30 invoices for chart transfers when we got a new doctor because he is leaving province - which is illegal when a physician initiates the change. The med students working with him did a much more thorough job and had better bedside manner.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2017

Always in a rush to get you out the door, I would rate Dr Bret as average at best - Didn't even let his patients know that he was leaving the province to go to BC - This left a bunch of patients hanging without a doctor unless you went with his last minute recommendation - Glad he left, I was in the process of locating another doctor ...

flag | Submitted July 4, 2017

Can not say enough good things about Dr Schifke my mom just turned 85 and she would not be here if were not for the fact we moved her to Dr Schifke a year and a half ago. She is in better health now then shes been in years! He ran alot of tests referred us to great Blood pressure specialist who has changed her life . He also discussed depression in seniors which was a huge help to my mom . He listens respectfully and replys thoughtfully which means a lot these days especially as his practice continues to grown and he gets busier. A wonderful young DR

flag | Submitted January 6, 2017

He is very Pigheaded, I just delayed 10 minutes but he made me waiting for 90 minutes .

flag | Submitted October 5, 2016

He was a jerk and didn't explain why he was prescribing anything. I had to see him bveuase my family doctor was on mat-leave. Ended up asking the staff to see another doctor. He seemed like I was a huge inconvenience to his time and took not even 5 minutes. Told me. "You'll probably have diarrhea but that's life". Awful doctor!!!

flag | Submitted August 22, 2016