Dr. Geoff Coughlin

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Geoff Coughlin

I found Dr Geoff Coughlin extremely helpful in that he was prepared to help with my condition, whereas other Doctors were negative in their approach to my problem. I feel that if Dr Coughlin had not taken the action he has I would be in very poor condition today. As it is I am very well and now have no signs of prostate cancer .

flag | Submitted February 20, 2018

When I was diagnosed with prostate cancer that required surgery, my first concern was to find the best surgeon available in Brisbane. Fortunately I was referred to Dr. Geoff Coughlin who also came up very favorably in all the research that I undertook. When my wife and I visited Dr. Coughlin in his rooms, we were greeted by a very friendly and approachable professional who immediately gave us both confidence in his ability to provide a successful outcome. The whole process outlined by Dr. Coughlin was followed to every detail, and was seamless. Importantly, the surgery went extremely well, with no side effects or issues, and I have made a full recovery even ahead of some of the normal timelines. I cannot speak highly enough of Dr. Coughlin and his staff, and support provided by the Wesley Hospital.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2018

Dr Geoff Coughlin was 4th Urologist that I saw after being diagnosed with Prostate cancer. My research was extensive to find the best fit for me. Within minutes of meeting Geoff, my wife and I knew he was the person to perform my surgery. His confidence is contagious and he makes you feel very at ease. He is also very honest and straight forward about what you are about to go through. My Surgery was a success and I could not be happier with the outcome. Everything runs smoothly throughout the process, which helps when you have such great staff. Neil Hunt

flag | Submitted February 7, 2018

It is now 2 years since Dr Geoff Coughlin performed robotic surgery to remove my bladder and form an ileal conduit following diagnosis of aggressive bladder cancer. I was referred to Dr Coughlin through one of his colleagues for his expertise in robotic surgery. I believe Dr Coughlin is not only an outstanding surgeon but also one of the friendliest and most down-to-earth doctors I have encountered. From my very first visit he demonstrated empathy but also didn't shy away from the reality/seriousness of my situation. His professionalism as well as willingness to listen and explain things in layman's terms was invaluable to me at such an uncertain time. His post op visits in hospital, as well as follow-ups in his rooms since, have continued to put my concerns at ease. In addition, Dr Coughlin's team, including his very efficient and always friendly and helpful assistant Teghan, and his choice of anaesthetist, are also of the highest quality. I would not hesitate recommending Dr Coughlin and his team to anyone requiring urological surgery. Derril Lusk

flag | Submitted December 4, 2017

I can thoroughly recommend Dr Geoff Coughlin. His knowledge , professionalism and empathy are first class . Importantly for me , the process that Geoff followed went like clockwork so that the anxiety levels were kept to a bare minimum. His post operative care was considered and forthright. I am forever in his debt . Teghan was a great front line support in the whole process

flag | Submitted December 3, 2017

Dr Geoff Coughlin performed de Vinci prostatectomy successfully on me. Outstanding skills and knowledge. Can’t thank him enough for saving my life. Peter Hudson

flag | Submitted November 28, 2017

Dr Coughlin was recommended to me by a friend who was very pleased with the outcome of he robotic prostatectomy performed on him in January. I had a benign prostate growth constricting my urine flow and it had also entered into my bladder. Another urologist had recommended a course of drugs to shrink the growth however I was not willing to risk the drugs when I researched side effects. Enter Dr Coughlin who impressed both myself and my wife with his manner and knowledge on prostate issues. We accepted is recommendation for a robotic enucleation prostatectomy. At 5am the morning after my urgery Dr Coughlin even dropped by to see me at the Wesley on his way to catch a flight to London, exhibiting great dedication to his patients.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2017

Having been diagnosed with prostate cancer following a biopsy in 2010, I set about researching which urologist would best cater for my needs at that time. As part of this process I sought opinions on my case from four other prominent Brisbane specialist Urologists. Finally my enquiries led me to the office of Dr. Geoff Coughlin. It was a decision that had a profoundly important positive effect on my life. Since then I have referred three close friends and several aquantences to Geoff and, to a person, they share my opinion of, and gratitude to, him. Not only is Geoff Goughlin exceptionally knowledgeable, skilled and experienced, his advice is frank, clear and precise. The care provided by Geoff and his staff is excellent and delivered with enthusiasm, deep understanding and humour. His manner and obvious ability inspires confidence. Having now become aware of the experiences of numerous prostate cancer suffers, I have developed the following UGS ( Urologist Grading System): 1st- Geoff Coughlin 2nd- Daylight 3rd- The rest. I unreservedly recommend Dr. Geoff Goughlin. Paul Wright. Taroom QLd.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2017

Dr Coughlin, words could never describe how I feel about the life you gave back to me. When I presented the lovely Teghan was very helpful with all forms and very informative pamphlets to digest at home. When the Cancer was discovered Dr Coughlin was the only Urologist that was recommended for the removal of the prostate. I had reservations and initially thoughts of attacking this on a natural holistic approach but given a reality check by Geoff at my 2nd visit and just what my outcome would be if I hadn't proceeded with this operation. Yes you were also prepared to refer me to another but my faith in you was well founded. Thank you Geoff from the bottom of my heart and may God bless you, the invaluable work you do and your team of medical staff including all at the Wesley. Special mention goes to Teghan because without your wonderful people and the smiles they have when greeting us, we would be lost souls.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2017

Could not be more satisfied with Geoff. At the first consultation, I and my wife were immediately put at ease. Geoff explained everything in laymans terms which we were able to understand. He gave us confidence that everything was going to be okay and the Robotic Surgery went as planned with no complications what so ever. I would recommend Geoff to anyone who has any renal problems. He is a brilliant Robotic Surgeon. Geoff's personal assistant, Teghan, is most efficient at her job and is always friendly. Nothing is ever too much trouble. Nice to see her smiling face when you walk into the office.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2017