Dr. Geoff Coughlin

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Geoff Coughlin

Dr Coughlin was recommended to me by a friend who was very pleased with the outcome of he robotic prostatectomy performed on him in January. I had a benign prostate growth constricting my urine flow and it had also entered into my bladder. Another urologist had recommended a course of drugs to shrink the growth however I was not willing to risk the drugs when I researched side effects. Enter Dr Coughlin who impressed both myself and my wife with his manner and knowledge on prostate issues. We accepted is recommendation for a robotic enucleation prostatectomy. At 5am the morning after my urgery Dr Coughlin even dropped by to see me at the Wesley on his way to catch a flight to London, exhibiting great dedication to his patients.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2017

Having been diagnosed with prostate cancer following a biopsy in 2010, I set about researching which urologist would best cater for my needs at that time. As part of this process I sought opinions on my case from four other prominent Brisbane specialist Urologists. Finally my enquiries led me to the office of Dr. Geoff Coughlin. It was a decision that had a profoundly important positive effect on my life. Since then I have referred three close friends and several aquantences to Geoff and, to a person, they share my opinion of, and gratitude to, him. Not only is Geoff Goughlin exceptionally knowledgeable, skilled and experienced, his advice is frank, clear and precise. The care provided by Geoff and his staff is excellent and delivered with enthusiasm, deep understanding and humour. His manner and obvious ability inspires confidence. Having now become aware of the experiences of numerous prostate cancer suffers, I have developed the following UGS ( Urologist Grading System): 1st- Geoff Coughlin 2nd- Daylight 3rd- The rest. I unreservedly recommend Dr. Geoff Goughlin. Paul Wright. Taroom QLd.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2017

Dr Coughlin, words could never describe how I feel about the life you gave back to me. When I presented the lovely Teghan was very helpful with all forms and very informative pamphlets to digest at home. When the Cancer was discovered Dr Coughlin was the only Urologist that was recommended for the removal of the prostate. I had reservations and initially thoughts of attacking this on a natural holistic approach but given a reality check by Geoff at my 2nd visit and just what my outcome would be if I hadn't proceeded with this operation. Yes you were also prepared to refer me to another but my faith in you was well founded. Thank you Geoff from the bottom of my heart and may God bless you, the invaluable work you do and your team of medical staff including all at the Wesley. Special mention goes to Teghan because without your wonderful people and the smiles they have when greeting us, we would be lost souls.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2017

Could not be more satisfied with Geoff. At the first consultation, I and my wife were immediately put at ease. Geoff explained everything in laymans terms which we were able to understand. He gave us confidence that everything was going to be okay and the Robotic Surgery went as planned with no complications what so ever. I would recommend Geoff to anyone who has any renal problems. He is a brilliant Robotic Surgeon. Geoff's personal assistant, Teghan, is most efficient at her job and is always friendly. Nothing is ever too much trouble. Nice to see her smiling face when you walk into the office.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2017

Being from country Queensland, I needed access to good website info and to set the process going with a teleskype and only Dr Geoff had both of these. My first visit for biopsy was an excellent confirmation of Dr. Geoff's ability. the nursing staff at Chermside whispered quietly that I had chosen the "best in the game". His ability again shone through in both surgery and post op care over the next 7 days. His bedside manner is not only superlative but very honest and respectful to myself and partner, and often dry witted. After two years of follow up on numerous matters, I now look forward to my 6monthly teleskypes and see him as a personal friend - just a shame he is a Broncos tragic!!!! GB

flag | Submitted September 2, 2017

I found Dr. Coughlin to be a very professional and organised practitioner. I live some distance from Brisbane but this was not a disadvantage as Geoff carried out many of his consultations using Skype saving me much travel time and expense. While I was most uncomfortable with what he found his diagnosis was spot on. His discussion of options, his skill carrying out the robotic prostatectomy that I decided upon and his follow up communication was very reassuring to both myself and my wife. The practice is well run and organised. If I had another prostate to remove I would not hesitate going to back to Geoff. John Foster - Woodgate

flag | Submitted May 23, 2017

From the first appointment I was impressed with his professionalism. He was on time and obviously had gone over the notes on my situation. Options were clearly stated and times for future options available. All follow up appointments were of the same caliber. Teghan his PA is wonderful, nothing is a problem and everything is well organised. Michael Kuilboer

flag | Submitted May 15, 2017

Dr Geoff Coughlin has medical knowledge & skills of the highest calibre. From my first appointment after 10 years of blood tests etc after a prostatectomy, I & my wife were put completely at ease with his most pleasant manner & attitude. My "op" was considered "dangerous" but I had no hesitation going through with it in Geoff's capable hands. His PA, Teghan is a "Gem"! Thank you both for looking after me! Philip McAlpine.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2017

From my first consultation, surgery and followup appointments I have been very happy with my experience with both Dr

flag | Submitted May 9, 2017

Totally satisfied with the whole procedure, from the moment we walked into the rooms for the first consultation, to the final appointment following surgery, excellent. Brilliant surgeon, personable, extremely knowledgeable, and so approachable. Thank you Teghan for your kindness, and knowledge .

flag | Submitted May 9, 2017