Ratings for Dr. Scott Meckling»

After multiple appointments with this Dr. I have decided to try to find a neurologist who actually cares about his patients. I waited for 6 months for my initial appointment in which DR. Meckling took 10 minutes to tell me my GP was incorrect with his diagnosis but that he had no alternative diagnosis to share with me. He went on to prescribe multiple heavy duty anti-convulsant medications with no diagnosis or explanation as to why I needed to take these awful drugs and told me, "I'm ordering an MRI but it will be clear so I'm putting you as the lowest priority, expect it it take 6 months to a year to get the MRI unless you want to pay to get one done in the private clinic downstairs." I wound up paying for the MRI but the DR. has not gotten back to me after I have called his office twice looking for results and his advice/permission to quit the drugs he has put me on that are not helping. It's now been 3 weeks since the MRI, 2 calls to his office and still no call back. Incredibly unprofesional and uncaring DR. Find another one if you can.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2014

Dr. Meckling is a no nonsense kind of doctor. He doesn't beat around the bush and tells it like it is. That is exactly what I am looking for. He is very knowledgeable, and put my mind at ease. I would highly recommend him to anyone!

flag | Submitted November 2, 2014