Ratings for Dr. Marc D. Thames

Found him to be rude and condescending. I may seek a 2nd opinion as I'm not sure I have confidence in him.......this is my heart we're dealing with.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2015

I have been a patient of Dr. Thames for 5 years. He is vastly knowledgeable, thorough, caring and extremely pleasant to work with. I would recommend him without reservation to anyone seeking a superior cardiologist.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2014

I am stunned at the negative remarks.My husband had such high regard for him after a stent, I went to him for heart problems. I found him to be prompt and knowledgeable, interested and helpful. Guess you can't please everyone.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2012

Dr Thames is an exceptional doctor. My mother has very serious heart conditions and he has without a doubt saved her life no less than 3 times. Not only by care that he provided but by care that he prevented that had been ordered by other doctors with less knowledge about her condition. Dr Thames can have an abrupt manner about him but he has never not taken the time to answer our questions or explain the reality of the situation. if you are looking for a Dr to sugarcoat the facts and tell you what you want to hear, he is not your guy. If you want to know the reality and realistic options for your situation you can't do better. My mother has the utmost confidence in him with good reason.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2011

I too agree with the reviews on Dr. Thames. I saw him via a hospital visit after my 2nd heart attack and 5 stents. I begged for a bypass and I knew this is what I needed. This Dr. came in and told me more or less it was all in my head and he released me from the hospital. The other Doctors at CVC rate with me about a 3. I went to another cardio dr, who after my angoplasty agreed with me that I was a good canidate for bypass. He took one look and said "nice full metal jacket of stents". I was 47 at the time of my heart attack and yes I caused my heart issues due to not taking care of myself. However, I wasted 3yrs of fooling around with CVC by the age of 50 I had a double bypass and feel like I'm 30! My advise, if you end up with CVC, which you will if you enter Paradise valley hospital thru ER, get a 2nd opinion. As for Dr. Thames, I think it's time for the glue factory.

flag | Submitted July 4, 2009

One word for this doc, "INSANE". Sadly, I'm not kidding! I seriousely think he is under-medicated! Get this guy some help...or at least throw a net over him before he kills somebody. His staff is equally dysfuntional and weird. I guess it rubs off!

flag | Submitted March 25, 2008

This doctor is rushed and very unprofessional. He passes off a serious diagnosis as everyday problem but is later to be found out to be much more. He is impolite and did not seem to care about my serious heart condition. Not recommended to see.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2006

Dr. Marc D. Thames's Credentials

• Medical College Of Virginia Commonwealth University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1970)

Tufts