Ratings for Dr. Ghazala E. Alam

First of all, this doctor's staff is very friendly and helpful. They always get me an appointment ASAP. This is very important. Secondly, Dr. Alam really cares about her patients and always is very thorough. You could not ask for a better doctor. She always is on top of everything and I get prompt results from any tests I have. I am never left in the dark about anything. She is very forthright with giving me all the information I need and spends the time with me explaining anything that needs explaining.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2017

What drives me crazy about Dr. Alam is also what I love about her. True, she is late for appointments BUT when she is in the examining room, you have her undivided attention. She asks questions and listens to your answers. She engages in an actual conversation . She doesn't only ask about your physical complaints but discusses any emotional/personal worries you may have that could impact your physical condition. She is caring and never dismisses your concerns. Her staff was a problem in the past and almost prompted me to leave her practice, but there is a definite improvement on that front. I'd rather have a doctor who cares than a robot who is on time and rushes you out of the examining room.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2017

WARNING........This Doctor was an hr and a half late for my family members appointment. The office was not clean cob webs and dust bunnies , the paper on the exam table was NOT changed and no exam gloves any where.... I spoke with the Doctor about the extreme tardiness and cleanliness. She pretty much said if we didn't like it there that there are 10 other doctors near bye. Also my family member has made appt first of the day and the "Good doctor" was 45 mins late then also. One more point the Dr walked through the waiting room 3 different times and never apologized for being late or behind. Totally the worst I have ever seen.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2016

I have been seeing Dr Alam for quite some time and the practice has been fluctuating since she moved offices. I think she is very knowledgable and compassionate, but her interaction with her staff leaves a lot to be desired. Sometimes they are very good and sometimes they need quite a bit of coaching (I think she had a series of trainees for a while there.) She also seems to have problems with scheduling. I have waited more than a hour after my appointment time for my most recent appointments. Part of that, I know, is that she spends as much time as necessary with her patients and the fact that she is in a one doctor practice, but some of it is her weird office hours and understaffing. More than once I have needed to call in a prescription and can't get to the prescription line to leave a message.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2016

Dr. Alam, has been an excellent doctor for me. She is compassionate and truly cares about her patients. Given her experience and a heart for helping others, I drive more than hour just to receive her services.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2016

I have been with Dr Alam for 15 years an I am very happy to have her a doctor. He is very attentive an a true professional

flag | Submitted June 4, 2016

The last few reviews must be by some disgruntled former employee. Dr Alam is the best doctor you could hope for. She cares a lot and is very knowledgeable. I and my family have been her patients for over5 years. The wait is sometimes long but that's because this doctor spends the necessary time to address each patient's concerns. That sometimes means spending more time with some patuents than originally scheduled. The wait is worth it though because the doctor is fantastic. The office is clean and comfortable and the staff is very good too.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2016

Horrible, only doctor in my area taking new patients and Mass Health....so had no choice. Now driving 30 miles happily, NOT to go to this horrendous practice. AVOID.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2016

I first off would like to state that she has NO staff. Went into office this week to find 1 girl who is pleasant doing respecionist to rooming. When I asked the girl if she was the only person working she replied with yes she has fired all the good help and the new ones never stay, and that the Dr. Is very difficult to work for and is cheap to hire new staff and pay and treat employees with respect. She did a good job on her part with completing what she needed to do, but then I couldn't understand why I waited an hour and seven minutes waiting for the Dr. To come in and see me. I waited all that time for the Dr to answer her cell phone and to tell me to take Motrin and come see her in 1 week. I was very shocked of the way I supposedly treated. I do believe from previous comments that she has been wrongly diagnosing. I walked in for answers on why I am having pain, and I left even more confused. I don't think I will be returning for a 1 week follow up. Seems as if Doc is just having patients come in to make money. Her waiting room was empty it seems as if her business is not doing well as I also asked to speak with billing for a sheet of co pays I've paid to be told that she was also let go. I'm really questioning myself what is going on in that zoo. Really felt uncomfortable at my appointment thinking I also need to find a new provider to see before she lets me go.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2016

I'm pretty much fed up with this place. I must of called and left several messages because my husband was sick and needed to be seen. I never received a call back. I was finally able to get a hold of someone to find out that the dr. Was not in the office, he was forced to see the NP who was pleasant to see. This place is a mess, it's a joke I will be looking for a new provider for my husband and I. I can no longer take all the nonsense that goes on in this place. She has 1 girl doing all the work I don't blame Courtney she is doing her best and I'm hoping that she is getting paid really well to be dealing with all this ridiculousness.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2016

Dr. Ghazala E. Alam's Credentials

• Sind Med Coll, Univ Of Karachi, Karachi, Pakistan (Grad. 1983)

Oxford