Ratings for Dr. Mary Sakla

She is not a compassionate doctor, she cuts you off and does not want to hear more than what you are there for, an example was to give a b-12 injection. She expects you to make another appointment for that. I gave her the benefit of doubt with all the ratings but I find most of the patients were right, not a good doctor if you have more than one health problem. I have found another doctor and it is like day and night. I am pretty good at judgement of people and this doctor does not even rate a 1!!!!

flag | Submitted November 23, 2017

You are better off having a park bench as your GP than this doctor.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2017

Pathetic excuse for a GP. Only benefit is that she is on time because she has no patients.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2017

When I first started to see Dr. Sakla, I didn't mind her. I appreciated her direct manner and her lack of "bed side manner" wasn't an issue. However, she never seems to remember anything from the previous visit. I understand she sees hundreds of people but she doesn't even review her notes before coming in to the room. When you only have 10 minutes and spend half of that going over the same stuff as last time (or reminding her of what you already discussed), it wastes a lot of time. My husband also went to see her after a motorcycle accident. She refused to perscribe him any pain medication even though he was allergic to the pain meds the hospital gave him and had to stop taking them after a week. She didn't listen to any of his issues. I understand that some doctors are uncomfortable prescribing pain meds but he had been in a serious accident. She ended up giving him muscle relaxers for his "back pain to help him sleep" even though he told her several times that he didn't have any back pain and had no issues sleeping. He ended up being allergic to the anti-inflammatory meds she gave him anyway. He was very unimpressed and suffered through the pain for several weeks with only some extra strength Tylenol. We are both going to find a new doctor as I am 9 months pregnant and very uncomfortable with the idea of bringing my child there.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2017

She's not mean or anything but after a couple months I'm looking for a new doctor. Everything is just so difficult with her. Only works until 3:15, does not accept faxed referrals and is crazy strict. I don't know it just not feel like she's listening and she rushes you. Doesn't care what you have to say. I'm just not comfortable with her

flag | Submitted September 15, 2017

While I don't doubt she is a good doctor, her bedside manner is atrocious. I was nervous and she was irritated by my nervous twitches, cold, and not friendly at all. I told her I was nervous and she didn't do anything to try and help me feel better, just told me to relax and that was that. I will be finding a new doctor. If bedside manner is not a big deal to you then she would be the right doctor for you. She is on top of things and managed to squeeze me in after I was in the ER. She is efficient. But if you need a warm, friendly doctor I do not recommend her.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2017

she cuts you off and does not listen to what you say- she is dismissive and cold- find someone else if you want proper care

flag | Submitted June 29, 2017

This physician threatened to drop me as a patient if I did not obey her order to have a physical. (Guess who got dropped in the end ;)

flag | Submitted June 27, 2017

I thought I've dealt with some pretty horrible doctors but this doctor takes the Trophy home for worst doctor ever!!!!. I went to see her cause I was having chest and back pains. When I came in I told her I was looking for a new physician and brought up my issue. She told me that she needed to get information on me first so she asked me a handful of questions and I was in and out of her office in less than 5 minutes. She told me to schedule another appointment for a full physical and totally ignored my main issue for going there. I go to the reception and the next appointment they have is 3 weeks later. My second visit comes up and she says, "so you're here for a physical?" I told her yes, but I wanted to deal with my chest and back pain issues. She tells me ok, but she can only deal with one issue at a time. So either we deal with my chest and back pain OR we do my physical. I asked her, well can we deal with my chest and back pain and get my bloodwork for the physical today. She said no we would have to make another appointment. So I said, so you're telling me i'll have to make another appointment 3 weeks from now to have my bloodwork and physical and then wait another 3 weeks for the results? She kept made it very clear to me that she only deals with one issue at a time. Stupidest thing I've ever heard. Sounds to me like she only wants to make more appointments so she can rake in more $$$$$. I told her I don't have time to be coming back so frequently and she told me if you don't like it you can find a different physician. She says she only deals with one issue at time so she can be thorough and resolve each. I'm pretty sure her lame asss excuse of one issue is to get you in for more appointments so she can bill for more appts. In total I was in her office for maybe 8 minutes in 2 appointments. PATHETIC. DON'T GO HERE!!!!! IF I COULD GIVE HER A BIG FAT ZERO I WOULD, UNFORTUNATLY I HAVE TO GIVE A 1 IN ORDER TO POST THIS COMMENT.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2017

I needed a new Dr and Sakla was taking patients so I decided to go with her. After my first appointment I had a couple of questions for her and was not able to speak with her over the phone. The receptionist who was very rude, told me Dr Sakla does not take messages and does not phone patients and that I cannot see the Dr for another 3 weeks. I will definitely be looking elsewhere if I am never going to be able to speak with my Dr over the phone.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2017