Ratings for Dr. Mary Sakla

She's not mean or anything but after a couple months I'm looking for a new doctor. Everything is just so difficult with her. Only works until 3:15, does not accept faxed referrals and is crazy strict. I don't know it just not feel like she's listening and she rushes you. Doesn't care what you have to say. I'm just not comfortable with her

flag | Submitted September 15, 2017

While I don't doubt she is a good doctor, her bedside manner is atrocious. I was nervous and she was irritated by my nervous twitches, cold, and not friendly at all. I told her I was nervous and she didn't do anything to try and help me feel better, just told me to relax and that was that. I will be finding a new doctor. If bedside manner is not a big deal to you then she would be the right doctor for you. She is on top of things and managed to squeeze me in after I was in the ER. She is efficient. But if you need a warm, friendly doctor I do not recommend her.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2017

she cuts you off and does not listen to what you say- she is dismissive and cold- find someone else if you want proper care

flag | Submitted June 29, 2017

This physician threatened to drop me as a patient if I did not obey her order to have a physical. (Guess who got dropped in the end ;)

flag | Submitted June 27, 2017

I thought I've dealt with some pretty horrible doctors but this doctor takes the Trophy home for worst doctor ever!!!!. I went to see her cause I was having chest and back pains. When I came in I told her I was looking for a new physician and brought up my issue. She told me that she needed to get information on me first so she asked me a handful of questions and I was in and out of her office in less than 5 minutes. She told me to schedule another appointment for a full physical and totally ignored my main issue for going there. I go to the reception and the next appointment they have is 3 weeks later. My second visit comes up and she says, "so you're here for a physical?" I told her yes, but I wanted to deal with my chest and back pain issues. She tells me ok, but she can only deal with one issue at a time. So either we deal with my chest and back pain OR we do my physical. I asked her, well can we deal with my chest and back pain and get my bloodwork for the physical today. She said no we would have to make another appointment. So I said, so you're telling me i'll have to make another appointment 3 weeks from now to have my bloodwork and physical and then wait another 3 weeks for the results? She kept made it very clear to me that she only deals with one issue at a time. Stupidest thing I've ever heard. Sounds to me like she only wants to make more appointments so she can rake in more $$$$$. I told her I don't have time to be coming back so frequently and she told me if you don't like it you can find a different physician. She says she only deals with one issue at time so she can be thorough and resolve each. I'm pretty sure her lame asss excuse of one issue is to get you in for more appointments so she can bill for more appts. In total I was in her office for maybe 8 minutes in 2 appointments. PATHETIC. DON'T GO HERE!!!!! IF I COULD GIVE HER A BIG FAT ZERO I WOULD, UNFORTUNATLY I HAVE TO GIVE A 1 IN ORDER TO POST THIS COMMENT.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2017

I needed a new Dr and Sakla was taking patients so I decided to go with her. After my first appointment I had a couple of questions for her and was not able to speak with her over the phone. The receptionist who was very rude, told me Dr Sakla does not take messages and does not phone patients and that I cannot see the Dr for another 3 weeks. I will definitely be looking elsewhere if I am never going to be able to speak with my Dr over the phone.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2017

Does not take time to listen to your concerns. Does not offer any alternatives for solutions. I have been going to her for over a year and was trying to stick it out to see if it got any better, but I have continued to feel that each time I go see her that none of my concerns are solved and that it was a waste of my time.

Submitted February 16, 2017

I've been seeing Dr. Sakla for about a year and half now, and indeed she takes awhile to warm up to but she really does listen to what you are telling her to make the proper diagnosis. She is careful with her dosing and meds she prescribes; basically if you're looking for a quick fix don't go to Sakla as she wont write a script for something you truly don't need to take. She is witty and her humor is slightly dark which is perfect for me! She thorough, and will only address 1 issue at a time due to the clinic scheduling but its very easy to book and manage your appointments online and Ive never had an issue getting in to see her when needed. Overall very happy with her service, no frills with her. the reception staff are pretty terrible in the clinic overall as they are overworked, its a crazy busy place but they get you in and out when you should.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2016

Not a good fit for me. Is not willing to work with me to manage my health. Very paternalistic. Can come across condescending.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2016

Dr Sakla definitely got under my skin my first visit but i was having trouble finding anyone else so I decided to stay with her. My first couple visits she was quite insulting. She talked a lot about my weight and was very judgemental about most of my answers to her questions. She blantaly shamed me for my sexual history at one point. I talked to her about birth control options and the research I'd done and what I felt was best for my needs but was immediately dismissed and told me what was the right choice for the body I've been living in my whole life. However the last couple visits have been much better she was warm and helpful. Quick on referrals and i got appointments with the referrals quickly as well and she has even been encouraging. Maybe she is making more of an effort or maybe she just needs some time to warm up to people but either way I believe she is a good doctor and means well. She gets the job done that's really all I ask anyways.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2016