Ratings for Dr. Frank Wong

Found him very friendly , knowledgeable ,and professional.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2017

Dr. Wong was great. He saw my dad urgently for rectal bleeding and updated our family promptly about his condition. I am not sure about these comments about arrogance. Dr. Wong was respectful to my family. He even followed up with my dad on his day off.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2017

He is very friendly and knowledgable. Colonoscopy went smoothly.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2017

Dr. Wong DOES NOT LISTEN! To call him condescending and arrogant is an understatement. – I have chronic health conditions and have had gastro issues for most of my life – which – as many women will contest to, unfortunately has gotten misdiagnosed with reproductive issues. In attempting to explain my health issues – I was repeatedly interrupted, misquoted and given heck for being 5 minutes late - literally 5 minutes – warning that the office is not actually on Kingsway it is on Nelson. Based on what I told him other doctors had suggested – he prescribed a very expensive drug and kicked me out of his office – I attempted to get more information (what about medication conflicts or nutrition???) and he once again gave me heck for being late (for our 5-minute first time patient appointment). I have been dealing with a chronic condition for almost 20 years and have seen many doctors and yes, I have a lot of compassion for their grumpiness and time and the fact that they generally do care and work very hard. However, I will not be back to the office of Dr. Wong, and would strongly discourage any patient from going to see him for medical advice. This is the first complaint I have ever written about a doctor. His negative ratings are justified - he should not be practicing medicine.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2017

When a doctor tells a young woman that the source of her gastrointestinal issues is because she is: young, female and has mental health issues, and repeats it throughout the appointment to the exclusion of all else, well what can I say. Not much has changed in the 37 years since I was a 21 year old with my mother in the doctor's office being told much the same thing - young, female and should have a baby. No interest in the confirmed coeliac disease the family, her mother (me) included. I agree with the assessment below - young, male, arrogant, ageist and misogynist. Shouldn't be in medicine. Sad waste of our tax dollars educating him.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2017

Dr Wong is awesome, super thorough and knowledgable. Highly recommend seeing him.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2017

Been dealing with digestive issues for a long time. Finally got to see a specialist and was no help at all. Very condescending. He had a checklist that he goes through and doesn't listen to the specifics and history of the issues. He gave a generally diagnosis of IBS. Eventually went to a naturapath who properly diagnosed me with SIBO and treated me accordingly. Since then I've been 100% better.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2017

I can't believe people have such bad things to say. I LOVE this guy! He's the best doctor I've ever seen. Very knowledgeable, very open and understanding. I've been seeing him for a year and a half now... dealing with some very serious issues. I have found him compassionate, forthcoming, and helpful. Seriously, I highly recommend Dr. Wong! Also, he's VERY well respected by others in the healthcare business. When I went to Burnaby General for procedures etc., and I tell them Dr. Wong is my specialist, they all gush with praise for him and his abilities and skills.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2017

Extremely arrogant little b*stard considering his vocation is dealing with human sh*t. Get your doctor to refer you to another gastroenterologist; he's a verifiable son of a b*tch that will waste your time booking multiple appointments for no reason.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2017

Arrogant doctor who doesn't view you as a patient, only a way to make money off you. Booked me for a colonoscopy and I came in again a few months prior to the appointment since I had a lot of bleeding. His suggestion? Let's book you for a colonoscopy! Thanks tips you already had me booked. Literally does not care about his patients whatsoever.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2017