Ratings for Dr. Frank Wong

He is very friendly and knowledgable. Colonoscopy went smoothly.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2017

Dr. Wong DOES NOT LISTEN! To call him condescending and arrogant is an understatement. – I have chronic health conditions and have had gastro issues for most of my life – which – as many women will contest to, unfortunately has gotten misdiagnosed with reproductive issues. In attempting to explain my health issues – I was repeatedly interrupted, misquoted and given heck for being 5 minutes late - literally 5 minutes – warning that the office is not actually on Kingsway it is on Nelson. Based on what I told him other doctors had suggested – he prescribed a very expensive drug and kicked me out of his office – I attempted to get more information (what about medication conflicts or nutrition???) and he once again gave me heck for being late (for our 5-minute first time patient appointment). I have been dealing with a chronic condition for almost 20 years and have seen many doctors and yes, I have a lot of compassion for their grumpiness and time and the fact that they generally do care and work very hard. However, I will not be back to the office of Dr. Wong, and would strongly discourage any patient from going to see him for medical advice. This is the first complaint I have ever written about a doctor. His negative ratings are justified - he should not be practicing medicine.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2017

When a doctor tells a young woman that the source of her gastrointestinal issues is because she is: young, female and has mental health issues, and repeats it throughout the appointment to the exclusion of all else, well what can I say. Not much has changed in the 37 years since I was a 21 year old with my mother in the doctor's office being told much the same thing - young, female and should have a baby. No interest in the confirmed coeliac disease the family, her mother (me) included. I agree with the assessment below - young, male, arrogant, ageist and misogynist. Shouldn't be in medicine. Sad waste of our tax dollars educating him.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2017

Dr Wong is awesome, super thorough and knowledgable. Highly recommend seeing him.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2017

Been dealing with digestive issues for a long time. Finally got to see a specialist and was no help at all. Very condescending. He had a checklist that he goes through and doesn't listen to the specifics and history of the issues. He gave a generally diagnosis of IBS. Eventually went to a naturapath who properly diagnosed me with SIBO and treated me accordingly. Since then I've been 100% better.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2017

I can't believe people have such bad things to say. I LOVE this guy! He's the best doctor I've ever seen. Very knowledgeable, very open and understanding. I've been seeing him for a year and a half now... dealing with some very serious issues. I have found him compassionate, forthcoming, and helpful. Seriously, I highly recommend Dr. Wong! Also, he's VERY well respected by others in the healthcare business. When I went to Burnaby General for procedures etc., and I tell them Dr. Wong is my specialist, they all gush with praise for him and his abilities and skills.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2017

Extremely arrogant little b*stard considering his vocation is dealing with human sh*t. Get your doctor to refer you to another gastroenterologist; he's a verifiable son of a b*tch that will waste your time booking multiple appointments for no reason.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2017

Arrogant doctor who doesn't view you as a patient, only a way to make money off you. Booked me for a colonoscopy and I came in again a few months prior to the appointment since I had a lot of bleeding. His suggestion? Let's book you for a colonoscopy! Thanks tips you already had me booked. Literally does not care about his patients whatsoever.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2017

Horrible Doctor who is obviously just in it to make money. His staff is disorganized and even after checking in I waited 30 minutes because the girl I checked in with went on lunch and didn't tell anyone else I was there. During the colonoscopy he didn't even come meet me before or after. All I received was a note from the nurse after with "not cancer" ticked off. Could you imagine if it was cancer and the way I found out was a piece of paper from the nurse? I have a friend who has a Gastro that sat down with her afterwards and addressed her concerns, this was nothing like that. Frank Wong is just trying to cycle as many people through his colonoscopies to get the best pay cheque possible. If you want an organized doctor who actually cares about you this is not your guy. I'm switching Gastro's and telling my family doc to not bother sending people here anymore.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2017

I was recently diagnosed with Colitis, and aside from what's written in the internet, I had no idea what this condition meant. I was scared. Doctor Wong took the time to walk me through the disease, and alleviated much of my fear through straight talk. He also provided me with some free samples to start my recovery and to address the pain in my bowels. He's awesome!

flag | Submitted January 25, 2017