Ratings for Dr. JUAN J. Alzate

I would give zero stars if I could. I went there for my annual medi-cal cleaning and exam. The dentist there said I needed a deep cleaning, a second root canal on my front tooth, and my crown on a molar that I had since 2000 needed to be redone because "it wasn't seated properly". I was told I needed to see an endodontist for a retreatment of the root canal on my front tooth.  Also they said I had two minor cavities that I found out through reporting them to medical fraud that medi-cal rejected the bill from them. On Monday, I filled out a form to have the x-rays sent to another dentist that I had an appointment with the following Monday for a second opinion and they said it would only take a day. I went for my financial consultation on Wednesday and was given a $4110.00 bill.  Daisy, who was real snippy with my questions, said they would have to pull out the posts on the teeth that had root canals done, redo the crowns, and if I didn't get a deep cleaning it would affect my bone and later on my teeth would loosen and fall out. I tried calling later that day for some questions regarding the endodontist and if they had sent the x-rays to my other dentist because I was starting to get suspicious. After calling 3 times on Wednesday, the office staff said she would get back to me as soon as she was done with patients and that she was in charge of the x-rays. I called twice on Thursday and they said she would get back to me once she was done with patients. I called 2 times on Friday, the second time at 4:00p.m. and they said she would get back to me as soon as she was back at her desk. I called at 4:40p.m. and they said she had a family emergency and that she had to leave. On Monday, I called my other regular dentist to see if the x-rays were sent and they said they hadn't. I went down to Alzate's office and knowing Daisy was trying to avoid me I saw her in the parking lot. She said "I'm sorry, I had a family emergency". At the office, the staff informed me that they just had a break in at 3 a.m. where 2 t.v.s were stolen and the office manager Cindy who I guess is suddenly now in charge of the x-rays wasn't there to send them. I told them I would have to pay for x-rays at my other dentist and she said "I'm sorry". I get to my other dentist and he said my teeth were perfectly fine and that "they are trying to take your money". Luckily, the second dentist didn't charge for x-rays. A year ago, Dr. Alzate's tried to sell me a deep cleaning and the other same dentist office (not medical) said I just needed a cleaning. Also, they tried to tell my brother that he needed a deep cleaning and they also couldn't clean his teeth until he got that done. I am so disgusted I don't think I'll go to another medi-cal dentist again! They were going destroy my perfectly good teeth to make money. I am now in the process of reporting them to medi-cal fraud and the dental board. Make sure you always get a second opinion anytime there is an unusually high or suspicious bill and don't ever do business with them!!!!

flag | Submitted July 24, 2017

Does not explain procedures and seems in rush to get next patient done. Terrible experience . Strongly don't recommend .

flag | Submitted February 25, 2017

I've never met Dr. Alzate, I have had multiple issues there and I strongly do NOT recommend this place.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2016

He received my request to have all of my bottom teeth taken out 2 weeks prior to my appointment. The day of my appointment, I waited for 2 hours getting excuses why the wait was so long only to have him refuse to do the service at the last minute. I received the information of his decision by way of multiple employees of the Dr. Alzate. I DO NOT recommend this unprofessional man with his unethical office of employees.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2016

Very helpful staff. Courteous and extremely knowledgable dentist. Great experience all around.

flag | Submitted November 26, 2014

One of the best! Amazing staff and great experience.

flag | Submitted November 26, 2014

Dr Alzate was GREAT! His staff was helpful and expeditious. They were attentive and thorough. By far one of the best dental experiences I've ever had - even enough for me to go out of my way and write this review (which I rarely do). I highly recommend this dentist. My background: I move around a lot for work and have attended dentists offices all over CA. I've had experiences ranging from horror stories where a dentist literally took a chisel and small hammer to my wisdom teeth for over half an hr, to dentists which I loved so much I drove over an hr to visit. I originally attempted to attend another Blueshield dentist in the area and got the run around for almost two weeks! They put my original appointment nearly a month out and they wouldn't return phone calls for over a week. I called Blueshield; requested a new dentist, and found Dr Alzate in his Fresno office (5650 N Fresno St, Ste 101) / (559) 447-5781.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2013