Ratings for Dr. Karl A. Smith

Rude and uncaring. I was referred to this loser by another dentist. He had trained his staff to redo unnecessary tests just so he can charge for them, not because they're needed. On my first visit, the staff said that the x-rays they received from the referring dentist were unreadable but they had a nice intro special for be new clients. I just thought that the other dentist didn't send the correct images and I re-scheduled my appointment with Karl Smith. In the morning if 3/12/2018, I went to the other dentist to get a copy of my x-rays and was sent the same exact image that was sent to him by secure email. When I returned to Karl Smith's office on that day, they still were saying that the image wasn't good enough and I explained that they were perfectly visible on the computer screen. Turns out, that they printed the entire image (with all the slides) on a single sheet of letter size paper in portrait mode which anyone who has ever done anything in medicine should know that doing so cannot yield a readable image. One of the hygienists said that she needed to do new probe measurements and that it was free, and again said that they didn't have them from the other dentist's office. I explained that cost wasn't an issue but that I'd rather not go through that discomfort again. She said that Karl Smith normally wanted their own measurements but asked if I wanted to speak to him and I said yes. While waiting for Karl Smith, I called the other office and I unfortunately took my frustration out on the nice lady who answered the phone and demanded that every single piece of information about me be sent to Karl Smith's office. Shortly after, Karl Smith came in and sat next to me and asked "You don't want to do the measurements." I answered "I rather not" to which he replied "Leave!". This was extremely rude coming from a supposed professional and I asked why he was being rude. He said that I lied to the other dentist that I said "that HIS office didn't want to take the X-Rays" he yelled that I must leave and said that he had heard me on my previous visit being rude to his staff. That's two back to back lies. On my previous visit, I actually spent a few minutes talking to the front desk shooting the breeze and even talked about a new car I just bought. Up until the point that he said "leave!" I had a positive experience at his office. Once he lied so blatantly I, without raising my voice, started the obvious to his face: "You're piece of sh*t." As I was walking out, he threatened to call the cops if I didn't leave. I was already leaving so I peppered the "piece of sh*t" with a hearty "go f* yourself." I told one of his very unfortunate employees that I felt sorry they had to work for that monster.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2018

Amazing experience. I am at Dr. Smith's office today and this office is great. The people are friendly! They have wi-fi, juice, and cookies. I was really nervous to see a periodontist and I really did not want to be here, but when my gums were bleeding all the time, I knew I had to go. Seeing a periodontist is not fun, but this office makes it good.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2014

flag | Submitted April 11, 2013

I had a deep cleaning and 3 follow up visits- all while sedated WHOO-HOO for me- a big chicken. Dr. Karl's perio office is great and I can't wait to go back and see my hygienist at my general dentist. She is going to be happy.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2011

He removed some of the gum tissue around my four front teeth. He didn't remove enough gum tissue around one of the front teeth, which resulted in one tooth looking shorter and the other front tooth looking longer. He was unwilling to correct it.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2009