Ratings for Dr. Dennis B. Alters

Amazing finally someone who knows how to diagnose and treat! Ty Dr. Alters

flag | Submitted May 16, 2012

I was a patient for over 5 years. I was given the whole gauntlet of depression medication. He never tried to listen to my complaints. I had many problems going on and he was completely uninterested. I would not recommend. All he wants to do is give you some medication and move you along. Office is unattended.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2008

Did not help my son despite extensive testing, many appointments. Never provided a diagnosis, was not prepared for appointments (could not remember what medications he prescribed or what was discussed at prior appointments). He seems self-absorbed and unfocused. We regret the wasted time and the hopelessness that our son has felt as a result.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2007

I paid up front for a psychiatric evaluation and treatment plan for my son. Dr. Alters continually delayed, and ultimately refused to complete the evluation we paid for up front. The story is too long for this format, but the bottom ine is that my son got no treatment, no evaluation, no plan. He would meet with hm every couple of months, tell him to have another (expensive) evaluation done elsewhere, and come back when it was finish. We have confirmed with other professionals that this was not needed, and that his behavior was highly unprofessional. I have since found another professional, who is great. I will be reporting Dr. Alters' behavior to his licensing agency, and will probably end up in small claims court to get my monwy back--though that also wastes a lot of time. Sadly, my son can never get back the months we spent waiting for Dr. Alters to conduct a proper evaluation.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2007

I had to file a sexual misconduct charge against this doctor with the state medical board. This man's idea of "meditation" and breathing techniques consisted were that of a sexual nature. I went to him for help over the loss of a spouse from the war in Iraq after being diagnosed with PTSD, and had to be treated immediately for not only that, but also the sexual misconduct and mental trauma this man caused me on top of what I was already going through. He is now trying to charge me money for a "no show" appointment that was scheduled AFTER he was notified that he was reported to the state board. He is obviously coming after me in retaliation. STAY AWAY FROM THIS MAN!

flag | Submitted October 26, 2006

Dr. Dennis B. Alters's Credentials

• University Of Miami School Of Medicine (Grad. 1976)