Ratings for Dr. Yvette Leung

Dr. Leung is really nice doctor. She really cares my health history and we discussed a lot about my next step treatment. I had colonoscopy with her at St. Paul's. She's the one told me how to relax, don't be nervous. We met a few times for followup apts. She always told me I even can email her at anytime. will let my family and friends to see her in the future.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2017

Shocking bedside manner. I just had an awful colonoscopy experience with Dr Leung. I met her just as she was about to do the procedure. I told her that I was anxious because during the last colonoscopy I had experienced some sharp pain at one point. I told her that my GP advised me to ask her to give me a little more pain medication if possible. Her response was that she couldn't make it painless, and that everybody always experiences pain and cramping. Then she proceeded to add that "unfortunately for people like you who are anxious, the medications don't work as well so it makes it worse"!!! Why would she tell a patient that right before the procedure? Why not be reassuring so the patient can relax and give the medication a chance to work better? I then asked her if she could do something or give me a few moments to try to settle down but she just went ahead immediately. The whole procedure was painful all the way through! I feel like she just rushed it and didn't try to be gentle at all. Then afterwards they told me the results which conflicted with what the Dr had told me. Then the hospital called me at home and told me "we're sorry, we have given you the wrong results - they belong to another patient". Dr Leung's receptionist was also confusing to deal with prior to the procedure. I hope to never have to see Dr Leung again.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2017

Dr. Leung is awesome. She answered all my questions, and was incredibly caring and attentive. The procedure was quick & easy thanks to her exceptional skill. 10/10 would recommend.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2017

I found Dr. Leung abrupt, unprofessional and rushed. She over talks you and is not interested in listening to your health history. She writes a prescription and books a procedure 6 months down the road and that's the end of the consultation. I became ill over the Christmas holidays and they closed down for 3 weeks without any alternative physician to cover her patients. Her waiting list is short as she is new to the practice so any new referrals to this clinic are assigned to her. I will not be back.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2017

This physician is awful. She seemed very nice on my first appointment but after the initial consultation she stopped listening to me. She spoke over me and didn't listen to what I was saying. Made me feel like I was not really sick when in fact I was. When I had a colonoscopy she told me I would have anesthesia on the day of my appointment she wouldn't let me have anesthesia. I was in so much pain during and after my procedure. She didn't even come talk to me after my procedure. I tried to get a follow up appointment for a year with her with no success. Finally 2 years later her office called me back. I have been suffering for almost 3 years and finally have a diagnosis. Her care has caused me a lot of anxiety and depression. I hope I never see her again.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2016

I have seen Dr. Leung during my pregnancy on the suggestion of my usual gastro. I found her very helpful and informative when dealing with my questions regarding my Chron's and Pregnancy. I have had Chron's since I was 19 (now 39) but as this is my first pregnancy it helped to have someone who specializes in this area. She had excellent communication with my usual gastro. I would completely suggest her to anyone in the same position. I found her open and willing to listen and take into account my experience and the long time I have been living with this condition. There was one issue with her booking clerk where I had record of an appointment and they did not. That said, as I didn't receive a reminder I called before hand and was easily rebooked. I believe the mistake was due to the fact she changed clerks midway through my pregnancy.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2016

Put me on Humira for extreme acute chrons, havent looked back since, Great doctor who saved my life

flag | Submitted January 12, 2016

This doctor is rude and condescending. She talks down to you and I find is extremely unprofessional. The first time I met her, she was dressed like she worked at a bar, her bra was showing and she showed no interest into what I was saying. When I had my endoscopy at the Foothills Hospital, right before they gave me my sedative she was TEXTING! She is just awful and unprofessional. Don't think she cares very much about her job or her patients.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2015

Doctor's alright in her field but will load you up with medication. However the booking clerk. After your appt she is never there to book your next apt. If you don't receive a call and leave her a msg, it doesn't get returned to you. AHS need to look into this whole dept. seriously

flag | Submitted May 22, 2015

She doesn't listen to you and talks over you. She generalizes instead of treating you individually. Her booking nurse is horrific and as a result of her and Dr leung not listening and ready test results I ended up in the hospital for 10 days.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2015