Ratings for Dr. Stuart L. Shear

I was his first patient of the day and he was 30 minutes late without explanation. He then brought in a training doctor without asking my permission or warning me in advance. He was dismissive of my questions and did not really listen to my concerns.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2012

Barely even looked at me. I told him where I was having problems and he never bothered to look in those places. Already made up his mind. Blech.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2011

I would have to absolutely agree with the first review of Dr. SHear. I left feeling "jipped". If I didn't ask any questions of the causes or how to remedy the problem, he would just stare at me. Not a very good doctor at all. Typical HMO. He is a nice guy, but forthcoming at all. It was a waste of my time. I am going to another derm and paying out of pocket. My condition is getting worse. He did not offer to write a prescription. Very disappointing.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2009

Silent type, rather non-verbal, except to suggest indirectly that certain complaints are cosmetic in nature; my generalist didn't think so, and he refused some requested services. However, he initiates action once alerted, I complained about certain things, but he found something else small and undesirable nearby and before I knew it I was prone and he was digging out a plug. Great job; painless, no anxiety, not that he announced or asked me if he could do it! He disappears like the White Rabbit - no explaination. Having presumably found one melanoma that needed to be removed, he did not inspect the rest of my body, nor did he ask any related questions which I think is a major shortcoming. I get the sense that if you don't alert him to a specific problem, he doesn't look for one or give you a good and thorough examination once he's got you in his office. Typical HMO doctor; do as little as possible by not looking for complaints or ailments.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2008

Dr. Shear is an excellent dermatologist. Don't be put off by his brevity, he is exceptional in his knowledge and treatment.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2008

Dr. Stuart L. Shear's Credentials

• Emory University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1977)