Ratings for Dr. Kenneth L. Renkens

I am a precious 20 year neurotrauma ICU nurse with 3 national certifications. I know and expect a lot from my physicians. He delivered. I had an extensive lumbar fusion with lami, disc and vertebral fracture. Months of rehab. It’s now a lifetime of adjustment but he did a phenomenal job. Thanks Dr Renkins!

flag | Submitted March 8, 2019

Dr.Renkens did a lami on l5 2000 and a spinal fusion in 2015 this man is by far the BEST. If he can avoid surgery he will. I would highly recommend him. Thank you Dr. Renkens for giving me my life back.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2017

brilliant guy that fixed my rare Condition but no doctor anywhere could repair the damage after it deformed . Now I wait to die painfully . https://www.gofundme.com/spencersspinebills

flag | Submitted April 6, 2017

I have always had a great professional experience at all of my visits at the Indiana Spine Group and especially Dr. Renkens.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2016

I had my cervical fusion with Dr Renkens in 2012, I was an employee if ISG. However I was terminated from my employment 3 months later I never had a post surgical follow up with the MD. I called to reschedule my appointment before I lost my insurance and was just told no, and was hung up on. To this day I have permanent nerve damage resulting in numbness of my left arm and limited mobility. My current MD is trying to correct , it is almost impossible to do. If I had a follow up he would have been aware of the damage and it might have been corrected. Staff was not very nice after I was terminated in helping me. I lost a lot more than a job!

flag | Submitted July 6, 2016

Dr. Renkens is a skilled surgeon that I would highly recommend.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2009

If you need a good spine surgeon, Doctor Renkens is the best!He does everything to find the problem and does not just guess. He did my double disc fushion on my neck and was successful. He definately knows what he is doing.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2008

If you want a great neurosurgeon, Dr. Renkens wins hands down. He is extremely knowledgeable and has done two cervical fusions on me now. I can't recommend him enough!

flag | Submitted October 25, 2006

Dr. Kenneth L. Renkens's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Kenneth Renkens provides treatment for common spine problems in the neck and back, including pinched nerves, herniated discs and degenerative disc disease. He also treats more complex problems such as spine and spinal cord tumors. As a Neurosurgeon who specializes in spinal surgery at Indiana Spine Group, he treats a variety of complications and spinal cord disorders with spinal cord decompressions and/or fusions. Dr. Renkens received his medical degree from Boston University School of Medicine in Boston, Massachusetts. After an internship in General Surgery at Boston University Hospital, he completed a residency in Neurosurgery at Tufts-New England Medical Center in Boston. Dr. Renkens received additional training in spinal instrumentation in Paris, France. He is Board Certified in Neurological Surgery by the American Board of Neurological Surgery. He is also a Diplomat of the American Board of Neurological Surgery. He is a Clinical Instructor for Orthopaedic Surgery at the Indiana University School of Medicine. His professional memberships include the American Association of Neurological Surgeons, Fellow of the American College of Surgeons, Congress of Neurological Surgeons, North American Spine Society, and the Indiana State Medical Association. Dr. Renkens is a dedicated and caring spine surgeon who looks forward to serving his patients.

• Boston University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1982)

• Back Pain