Ratings for Dr. Jeffrey M. Sonenshein

I've been a patient of Dr Sonenshein for 20 years suddenly he left to retire? I find it hard to believe that, judging by his age he was pretty young. I was always happy with him but a lot of the people that worked there were very short most of the time. I feel that Dr. Sonenshein had a great sense of humor and that is why I went to him for 20 years. I will change doctors and go to another medical facility he was the ONLY reason I went to that place. If he is still practicing I hope he post's it on the web.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2009

I have used Dr. Sonenshein for a number of years. Now that he has suddenly retired (without warning) I can't say I am sorry about it. When I visited him, he seemed more intent on telling humorous stories than practicing medicine. I think he enjoyed being the office clown. When I asked him medical questions, I had to drag answers to my questions out of him, and as often as not, they were ambiguous answers. He was slow and indifferent in returning phone calls. He frequently complained about the incompetence of the clerical staff in his office; when I asked him why he didn't do anything to improve them, he would say that he had no power to do anything about them, since he was a contract doctor working in someone else's clinic. Overall, I think medicine is better without him.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2009

Just to be clear, Doctor Sonenshein is no longer practicing at the Oakland Medical Center. He left without telling our family and I am very disappointed in this fact. For years of service, I at least expect a 'sorry I am leaving letter.' If not from him at least from Oakland Medical Center. Write it once, pay the postage. I thought he was such a great doctor this is probably why I am so upset about it. It just goes to show that my trust was misgiven.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2009

i absolutely LOVE dr sonenshein! my entire family and i have been seeing him for years. he's got a great personality, and knows how to put you at ease. he uses regular English, really knows his stuff, and won't send you for additional tests or give you prescriptions that you don't need. he was also great to me when i didn't have insurance. he really knows his stuff and i would recommend him to anyone! (i actually did recommend him to my best friend, and now she sees him too) he never rushes you, and he really listens.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2008

Our family doctor for over 20 years. What more can be said that has not already been mentioned? He is a top notch doctor that cares.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2008

This doctor is by far the best doctor I have ever been to. I have been a patient for many years and everytime I have ever had to see him he is punctual and polite. He actually LISTENS to you. What a crazy thought. He always makes sure everything checks out and is actually concerned about your health and well being and not how much he will get paid for things. You always leave the office with all of your questions answered. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

flag | Submitted April 7, 2008

A down to earth doc who, unlike all too many of his peers, is more interested in helping you best manage your health problems rather than profiting from them. With incredible wit and intellect, he does not suffer fools lightly, but underneath an occasionally gruff exterior, is a compassionate, caring and very conscientious practitioner. Highly Recomended!

flag | Submitted January 25, 2008

Dr. Sonenshein is, by far, the most personable doctor that I have ever met. I think he has something that a lot of doctors seem to be lacking now-a-days and that is compassion. Not only is he passionate about what he does, but he has a great sense of humor! I will most definitely recommend him to others.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2008

I have seen Dr. Sonensien for the past 4 years. He's great. He's not cold and sadistic like the Dr's I've had in the past. He's good natured, and listens to his patiens. He's rare and I wish everyone were blessed with a Dr. like this.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2007

I've never felt more comfortable with a doctor. Speeks in plain english, not "DOCTOREESE". Really listens to YOU also! Be prepared for his quick sense of humor.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2007

Dr. Jeffrey M. Sonenshein's Credentials

• Mi State Univ, Coll Of Osteo Med, East Lansing Mi 48824 (Grad. 1985)

Arise Health Plan