Ratings for Dr. Yasmin Wadia

Although my experience with Dr. Wadia is from 14 yrs ago, I would still like to share my experience. I thought I was pregnant and went to see her. We did a urine test and it came back negative. I asked about another test and she said there was no need. I had to see a gynacologist for something else and I told that Dr. I thought I could be pregnant. She felt around my tummy and said I definately was! I told her about the urine test and she was shocked Dr. Wadia did not send me for a blood test. After I had my baby, I once again went to see Dr.W. as I was concerned with something going on under my baby's arm. She looked at me and said "you have to bathe your baby..it's from not cleaning her properly". I felt so humiliated..my baby had a bath every night so I couldn't understand. Maybe Dr. Wadia should have been more understanding to me as a new mother who was taking great care of her child but was just being too careful when bathing her because I thought I might hurt her.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2008

Wait times are unnessary. Favortism lives here. Kiss the receptionist's butt and bring her coffee and she might bump up your appt. if your lucky

flag | Submitted January 23, 2008

I visited Dr. Wadia once - she was an after hours physician for my own family doctor on a set evening each week. I was going to a health care facility for a stress test the next day, and had a "skin infection" appear on my trunk. I wanted to make sure it wasn't something serious to warrant postponing the stress test, and got in to see Dr. Wadia (my family doctor was completely booked and it was very short notice). When I got there, Dr. Wadia took me in right away - she had no other patients and was only looking after other doctors' after hours patients. She looked at my "skin problem", immediately decided it was SHINGLES, and gave me a prescription for Zovirax. She ushered me out the door - actually holding 2 doors open for me on the way out while telling me not to touch the doors as she didn't want her own patients to become infected! My own family doctor later told me it was not shingles, so I took Zovirax needlessly. (A cream was prescribed by MY family doctor who is great!!)

flag | Submitted January 11, 2008

Yes, the wait times are long but why not schedule the appointment for first thing in the morning??? If you NEED to see a doctor right away, go to a walk in or to emergency at the hospital. I appreciate Dr Wadia, she has been my doctor for 4 years and I take my 2 children to her as well. She is kind and very helpful, and has referred me to specialists when needed. Lisa (her receptionist) is great as well. Always friendly. Treat others as you like to be treated....

flag | Submitted November 27, 2007

Always an extremely long wait (2-3 hours is normal), but you must arrive on time to have your chart added to the pile. Even when you're extremely sick the wait is the same. You're not allowed to book annual physical and pap test together, two separate appointments required (2-3 hours wait each).

flag | Submitted September 24, 2007

There is a wait but what can she do people come with many problems and she is always there ot help. I will not trade this doctor for any other. She works long hours and I hope god keeps her well.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2007

Why am I and the other person beside me has the same time booking?? or let's say how many of us are booked with the same time!!!!!! It should be a mandatory of 1 hour only and beyond that she should be charged for letting us wait for more than two hours. We have a life too!!!

flag | Submitted August 22, 2007

Always an extremely long wait time for no apparent reason.(ie not a lot of other patients in waiting room)After 16 years I have never received an apology for these waits Recently wanted some medicine as a precaution to go to other country. wWas made to wait 2 hours then found out she wanted each of my family members to do the same(None of us were sick) and also wanted to charge each of us $40 for the visit. That was the final straw and I have changed Doctors.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2007

HAS MADE MAJOR MISTAKES IN PRESCRIPTIONS, PARTICULARLY WHEN PRESCRIBING MORE THAN ONE MEDICATION.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2007

she should be run out of town, we should all picket in front of her office, do ya think she'd get the hint? The wait is an unbelievable 3 hours- got nothing else to do? When her office was on King St, I'd get my groceries done at least. But sorry, Dr. Wadia, u r crude N' rude.U have got to know that.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2007