Ratings for Dr. Craig L. Hurst

Dr. Hurst himself has been wonderful. He's a pleasant, funny man, and I've enjoyed him as my doctor. I cannot say the same for his staff. The front desk is staffed with gossipy ladies who act bugged that you've interrupted their chit-chat with something as trivial as a scheduled visit. I also called in to speak with a nurse about some concerns with my pregnancy , and it took me SIX HOURS and three phone calls to get in touch with a nurse. The lady at reception kept taking messages for me, and then I'd never hear back. This is completely unacceptable.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2015

I am extremely unimpressed with Dr Hursts office help. They are unprofessional and tacky. I don't mind Dr Hurst as far as OBs go but first impression is with the greeting you get as you walk in the door which is very poor. The ladies could barely stop gossiping amongst themselves to address me as I stood at the counter. I won't be back as I'm sure there are a number of better Drs in the immediate area.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2015

I have been going to Dr. Hurst for 19 years. In all that time I have never waited more than 10 minutes in the waiting room, and never more than 2 minutes in the exam room for Dr. Hurst to come in. That is more than enough reason for me to have him as my doctor. He is laid-back, kind, and quick. (I don't want to be in there any longer than I have to be!!) He has had the same nurses for as long as I have been there--they are always kind and friendly!! I love this office and wish that all doctors would learn to be punctual like Dr. Hurst's office!!!

flag | Submitted January 14, 2015

I LOVE doctor Hurst! I asked for various things with my baby (delayed cord clamping, no shots, breast feeding right after, etc) and none of it was a problem. I got what I wanted with that birth. Then went back when I was pregnant again and had TWINS!! He never pushed early delivery but went with what I wanted. I had a c-section due to baby positioning. Dr. Hurst is a great doctor. He's not pushy or abrasive and listens to concerns; also, he is soft spoken and won't get in your face. Great sense of humor too!

flag | Submitted January 24, 2014

Dr. Hurst is a great doctor and I feel completely comfortable with him. He's delivered all three of my children and everything went perfectly. His nurses are amazing and his ultrasound nurse has never gotten the gender wrong the whole time she's been there!

flag | Submitted October 16, 2013

BEST doctor. I was pushing for over an hour and he stayed with me the whole time and didn't rush me or try to push any interventions on me. I can't say enough good about this man!

flag | Submitted February 8, 2013

Dr. Hurst has been wonderful through out the whole pregnancy-- very laid-back, respectful of our wishes as a couple for how we would like our birth to go, and genuinely concerned for the well being of me and my baby. He listened to my concerns about what turned out to be a non-issue... at midnight! He's not an in-your-face you-must-do-this kind of doctor, nor is he the shmoozy type, so if you are looking for someone to hold your hand and tell you what to do rather than encouraging you do your own research, then he's not the doctor for you. If you want your birth to be a stress free environment with skill and an attentive, respectful doctor, then go to Dr. Hurst. He and his staff know me by name every time I walk in the office doors, and I'm always seen within ten minutes of arriving. Can't say enough good about him!

flag | Submitted June 8, 2012

He was absolutely wonderful and VERY supportive of the wishes for our birth and was willing to work with our midwife. In my opinion he is one of a kind. He was cautious and thorough but was very optimistic. It really felt like he understood what birth should be and could be. It's hard to find this in an OB these days. He's not going to rush you into surgery that's for sure!

flag | Submitted November 22, 2011

We had a great experience with Dr. Hurst caring for me and delivering our twins. His staff is incredibly nice and personable - it is a small office and everyone knows and remembers you at each visit. Dr. Hurst gave me great care both before and after delivery. He has a great bed-side manner and I couldn't have asked for a better experience. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted December 20, 2010

Dr. Hurst doesn't waste time. He is efficient and very experienced. You have to ask questions at visits very quickly because he is a busy person but he will always answer them and be polite. He cares about people so much but some people don't think he does just because he is quick about things. His real passion is not working in an office it's delivering babies. He doesn't like to see his patients have a lot of pain. He was perfect for me because I hate pain and he tried to make me as comfortable as possible. He is amazing at delivering babies. If you like to complain at office visits then find someone else. Dr. Hurst is the best doctor at delivering babies. I trust him more than any doctor.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2009

Dr. Craig L. Hurst's Credentials

• University Of Utah School Of Medicine (Grad. 1977)

• Aetna - Choice Pos Ii
  • Humana Health Care Plan
  • Humana Medicare
  • Humana PPO
  • Medicare (General)
  • Medicare Replacement (Humana Replacement)
Novanet