Ratings for Dr. Joanie Chahine

She is a great doctor! She followed me for my pregnancy and now my baby. She is very human. Best doctor I've had.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2017

Très compétente avec une excellente empathie. Très heureux de pouvoir bénéficier de ses services !

flag | Submitted February 3, 2017

She's an amazing GP. I'm so glad I found her. She followed my pregnancy and is now my daughter's doctor as well.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2017

I really like her as a dr and she has always answered my questions. I was so happy knowing she was staying and that we were keeping her as a dr. She also followed my pregnancy and I couldnt ask for someone better. I find it sucks though that our time now with the dr has been cut from 30 mins to 20 mins. Not only that, my last "female exam" was done so fast...actually just the test was done, there was no exam. I didnt mention anything but Im pretty sure theres supposed to be a sort of "check up" there. Not sure if it's because of the government or what but so much for finding out if I have a problem (except for the results of the test). I was pretty much in and out...gotta love our health care system now! I do not blame her as the government changed so many things for the drs but this is our health here we are talking about!

flag | Submitted November 7, 2016

She's a fantastic doctor. I'm so glad I found her. St Mary's hospital is a little far from where I live but she's worth the drive. Wouldn't change doctor if my life depended on it.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2016

Dr Chahine is a really great and amazing dr and we really do like her. She has been following us since she started as a resident and followed my pregnancies and I do hope that she doesn't leave the clinic...but I don't think she is (the person below said that when she moves her practice) but I don't think she is leaving anytime soon because she does a lot at that clinic...but if ever, I sure will be following her wherever she goes (but from what I saw when I made an appt with her, she had a lot of openings in the next few weeks from what I was told). I know that she does work at another clinic in Mtl one day and week, sometimes more but generally is often at the clinic at St-Mary's. If ever she leaves St Mary's, I will definitely follow her as she has always answered my questions, she is very supportive of everything, kind and caring. Couldn't find another person like her! PLus she knows us very well now...

flag | Submitted January 12, 2016

Dr Chahine is a great doctor that is following our small family for the past years. She knows how to read people and not charts and test results. She not only relies on what we say but how way say it. This makes a huge difference in the way she diagnoses us. On the other hand, her support staff doesn't let her shine at all. They drag her practice down and she can't do anything about it because of where she practices. He staff is unionized and are un touchable. This is a shame because when she moves her practice, it will be a terrible loss for the family medicine clinic where she works. It is quite hard to schedule an appointment with her as her staff never answer the phone and take many days to return voice mails. You will have more change to see her by dropping into the walk in clinic and she takes you between 2 other patients on her one prerogative. She is that attentionate to her patients. Her staff doesn't help her manage the files she has and can't manage to schedule a few OB appointements in advance for my wife. It seems like she can see X amount of patients in an hour, yet her staff books her X times 2. Since she cares about her patients, it makes all the appointements late by 1 to 2 hours by the time it's 1PM.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2015

All I have to say about her is how caring she is. I'm happy to have found her after many years of searching for a family doctor. She followed both of my pregnancies and always listens to me and very supportive. She is a very caring person who takes the time to listen and help her patient. I dont have anything negative to say about her :)

flag | Submitted June 21, 2015

I only have good things to say about her! She is AMAZING very patient, takes her time. Always calm and knows her stuff! She followed me during my difficult pregnancy and she was perfect! Could not ask for a better family doctor

flag | Submitted June 7, 2015

Dr Chahine has been our family doctor since she started as a resident. We are very happy to have her as our dr. She followed both of my pregnancies and was there for the birth of my first child and was in the delivery room for my second. No matter what time she gets called to deliver a baby, she will come in...and even stay in the delivery room even though she isn't the one who is delivering. She is an excellent dr, knows her stuff and I was very happy that she stayed after her residency.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2015