Ratings for Dr. George C. Galitis

I went there back in 2009 as i had move to a different house. Old stuff, scared me but ehh. Clean my teeth and took X-Rays. Like others have said "I'll call you if i find any cavity." He has to send them out to be looked at! Crazy huh? No in house X-ray reading staff. And months passed and i got no call or nothing. I had an odd feeling and saw a different dentist, and he found 2 cavities Too close to the nerves. :( Had i known this i would of gotten them fix damn it. And sadly in MA they did away with adult dental fillings, so you had to pay for them your self even if your on SSDI. One tooth needed a root canal while the tooth next to it needed to have the same done to it. Had to pull the one that was in the nerve and the other was saved with a cleaning and filling. Dr. George C. Galitis is a nice and kind man and serve his country well in the war, became a dentist through the navy, but like others, i think he is old enough and should stop and retire. They have problems reading X-Rays.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2014

I saw this man when I lived in the area about three years ago. I am still upset about what happened. This man should not be practicing dentistry. I had two teeth that needed root canals and he refused to recommend that and instead filled the teeth. The fillings broke within six months and when I went back to see him, he was upset I was there and refused to recommend a root canal saying that he would refill the teeth. I ultimately had the work done by someone else. This guy picks a college area to operate so that he can take advantage of a younger audience that doesn't know malpractice when they see it. My advice: STAY AWAY!

flag | Submitted January 22, 2013

George Galitas is a bad man. I had roots exposed and he refused to recommend a root canal. Went to see a good dentist, was told I needed root canal and could not believe that Galitas said "a root canal destroys the tooth." George Galitas is a lawsuit waiting to happen. God will punish him. This is certain.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2010

Dr. Galitis is a very nice dentist. He was very gentle with me. My care was performed well and for a reasonable cost. Thank you, Dr. Galitis!!

flag | Submitted December 21, 2009

I was a patient of Dr. Galitis from 2005 to 2007, and every six months he reported my teeth to be in good health. When I started attending a new dentist last week because I moved out of the area, she told me I needed 8 fillings, one of which needed a root canal. I was shocked by this news, especially the root canal, because I told Dr. Galitis 7 months earlier that I experienced sensitivity when I flossed around that tooth, and he took an xray and said he'd call me if there was a cavity. I never received a call. Just to make sure the new dentist wasn't recommending unnecessary procedures, I visited my family's dentist for a second opinion, and he confirmed that these cavities all needed filling, and several of them were not new. Dr. Galitis is a nice man, but I'm afraid I don't think he's able to serve his patients well, and his failure to catch these cavities ended up costing me a lot of money.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2008