Ratings for Dr. D Duffy

I have had some bad doctors before but Dr. Duffy takes the cake. I was in there with a serious issue that at one time I took painkillers for. At the time that I saw her I was no longer on pain medication. It had been a few months since taking any pain meds and pain was not the problem so I wasnt in there looking for pain meds anyway. She came in the room and asked who prescribed my pain meds and I told her my fanily doctor but I was no longer taking them. She then asked why it shows another doctor had once prescribed me pain meds. I told her another doctor prescribed me something stronger when I was discharged from the hospital after an extended stay. I again said that it didn't matter because that was all months ago and I no longer take pain meds or need pain meds now. She then began to cluck about how it was a red flag to have multiple doctors prescribing pain meds. I was like ok great....who cares about pain meds. She said she wouldn't give me anything for pain which was fine because i wasnt in pain and she then said "there are plenty of people you can see in the community to help you. It may take awhile but baby steps". That was it, that was all. A terribly useless doctor. Perhaps back in the day she was good before she grew old and out of touch. She thinks she is being some sort of super detective by finding the drug seekers but most people arent even seekin drugs. She is not a good doctor by any means. Dr. Duffy if you ever read this then please retire. You are rude and do not know how to treat patients. The staff at RDRHC is terrible too by the way. Nurses should be arrested. Dr. Duffy should be arrested.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2016

Both my wife and her friend have been to the hospital many times. My wife with chronic pain and her friend at the time had a mass of galstones. Both of them have gotten to the point where if they know it's doctor Duffy that's going to see them, then they just leave. Her surmise seems to be that if you're a female in pain, then you're a junky looking for a narcotics fix. My wife has a dislocated knee (confirmed by an orthopedic surgeon) and Duffy just looks at her x-ray, says it's fine, then discharges her. My wife's friend with the gallstones had Duffy take x-rays and other scans and declare them clean and discharge her with nothing for the agonizing pain. All in all I wouldn't trust Duffy to diagnose me as missing a foot if it had been chopped off.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2015

I went into emergency last night...the second time in 3 days. I was in agony with both ear canals infected. What a wonderful Doctor, she was caring, knowledgeable & had an amazing bedside manner.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2014