Ratings for Dr. Steven I. Spiess

dr. spiess is very rude doesn't care enough about kids and problems and should not be a doctor for autistic kids my son is autistic and sensory disorder and Adhd and this guy is very rude not recommended for children with special needs

flag | Submitted August 30, 2017

This doctor's office is terrible both Mr. and Miss Spiess are rude and loud. They are negligent in their practice in pediatrics, misdiagnose their patients are not helpful in any way and also insist on not reading their chats and providing Penicillin or amoxilcillian for everything. I used to have the best experiences but it seems they no longer care for the patients and visits are cut short. Funny how I am reading some of the comments and what do you know my son is ALWAYS diagnosed with an ear infection every time we go. I suggest things to them and express my concerns but they treat me like an adolescent parent that don't know what I am talking about, in fact our local pharmacist is annoyed by their incompetence and negligence as a practice. I will be writing a Malpractice report because their negligence could have cost my son his life! If a parent has a concern to allergies, a parent has the right to request their child not receive certain medications as a practice they are supposed to follow their charts accordingly and if they are not documenting things they should be then that is negligent on their behalf, also they document bruises so if your child is clumsy or has a skin disorder that causes bruising they will document you for all the wrong reasons! I regret allowing my children under the care of people who shamelessly have a degree. I give these people no stars!

flag | Submitted April 18, 2015

hes been my childrens doctor since they were newborns -- ive never had any problems!!!!

flag | Submitted January 12, 2015

I personally have never had a bad experience with Dr. Spiess or his staff. They have always treated my children without any complaints. My son had ear infection after ear infection until the Dr. told me to get him into an ENT. We did and he got tubes and havent had to go back to the doctor except for his annual check ups. I lke him and all of his staff.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2011

dr spiess is a horrible dr i took my 1 yr old there for fevers, coughing, congestion. he dx him with an ear infection. 2 days later i brought him back for same symtoms (amoxilcillin didnt work) he then said the ear infection had spread to the other ear. 3 MORE DAYS GO BY.. SAME STUFF. I finally took a very sick littlr 1yr old to Er in cg, he was dx with INFLUENZA! i personally hate dr spiess all he really cares about is his paycheck. he doesnt pay the staff enough so they are rude. ugh i dislike him

flag | Submitted October 14, 2009

I totally agree Dr.S doesn't pay attention I took my child in numerous times and every time it was an ear infection finally I took him to the ER and he was admitted for RSV and Pneumonia another thing my child had wax build up and the ER couldn't see in the ears and I had just taken him in 2 days prior because he was so congested and coughing and fuzzy and all he said that he had a bad ear infection As for the nurse Practitioner she was awesome and I would recommed her anyday ! but of course I transfer care.!!! to a respectable pediatrician

flag | Submitted June 7, 2009

i think dr. spiess and his staff are very unknowledgeable. i took my 6month old daughter in because the urgent care said she had a uti and gave her medicine that i found out through dr.spiess was resistant so she was running a fever and dr.spiess changed it to amoxicilin she developed a very bad rash and dr.spiess said it was a fever rash and didnt care to look into it. i ended up taking her to emergency and they said she was allergic to amoxicilin and gave her benedryl which 2 days later her rash was gone. when i took her the next day to dr.spiess he said he believes the rash was still from the fever and not allergic reaction told me that he would test out the amoxicilin on her again to see if she is. i am not about to give my daughter something she can be allergic too and with her uti they never checked if it went away at follow up and guessed it did when it really didnt and she has gone through so much with fevers everyday they should of tested if it went away. i would not recommend.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2009

I HAD A VERY BAD EXPERIENCE WITH DR. SPIESS. I TOOK MY DAUGHTER TO HIM DUE TO ANKLE PAIN THAT SHE HAD WHICH MADE HER STOP WALKING COMPLETELY. (SHE WAS ONLY 1 AT THE TIME) AND HE DIAGNOSED HER WITH A SPRANGED ANKLE AND IT WOULD GET BETTER IN TIME. NO X-RAYS ARE ANYTHING. I DIDNT FEEL RIGHT ABOUT WHAT HE SAID AND I TOOK HER TO THE ER. THEY DID AN X-RAY. THEY TOLD ME TO F/U WITH DR SPIESS WITH THE RESULTS. I DID AND HE SAID THAT THE X-RAY SHOWED NOTHING. THEY SENT ME TO AN ORTHOPEDIC DR. THAT DR SAID THAT THEY SHOULD HAVE SENT HIM TO A PED. ORTHOPEDIC. SO THAT DR TOOK IT UPON HIMSELF TO SEND ME TO ONE IN TUCSON. WHEN I WENT TO THEM THEY SENT ME TO TMC WHERE THEY DID BLOODWORK AND MORE X-RAYS AND FOUND THAT IT WAS A STAPH INFECTION IN HER ANKLE. AT THIS POINT SHE HAD THE PROBLEM FOR A WEEK. THEY THEN ADMITTED HER THAT DAY AND DID SURGERY THE NEXT DAY. HE HAD THE NERVE TO CALL ME THERE IN THE HOSPITAL AND BLAME EVERYTHING ON THE RADIOLOGIST IN OUR ER. TAKE THE BLAME FOR WHAT YOU DID!!!

flag | Submitted November 4, 2008

very verbally abusive called me a hypa-condriact. failed to diagnose sons hip-displacement, protien-allergy to milk, and had no concerns of lump dbelow belly button, (later diagnosed as umbellical-hurnia)! Bad attitude, always in a rush and act as if conversing or interacting with you or patient is a burden!

flag | Submitted May 20, 2007

We called for an appt.the day our daughter got sick.This office told us we had to come in as a walk-in between 10&11.We were there at 10:30 and sat until 12:30.At that time we were told we were last because we didn't have an appoinment.I complained to this doctor that it took 2 hours and he said right out,"you're lucky it wasn't 3 hrs".I told him he should leave some appt. times open for kids that get sick.He got very mouthy with me and said"you don't have to come here",so I told him"thats right"and he said"well don't".He was abusive to us.He treated us poorly because we didn't call,but when I told him we did call,he said"it say's right here you are a walk-in".Where we supposed to get an appt. last week so that when she got sick today he would see her and treat her right?I then told him to do his job so we could leave and he said he would send a letter to our ins. comp. to help us get another doctor.This office is too overloaded and ran poorly by a guy that was verbally abusive to us.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2006