Ratings for Dr. Halit Kantarci

This physician stated he dictated in front of me, BUT he did NOT!! My husband ,Dr Steven Winters who trained at Duke and Harvard, was with me and can testify to this, and to all I have stated. This man has lied IN HIS notes and in my presence, was unprofessional in his approach to me, the patient ,as well as my spouse. My views of Mr Kantarci reflect the views of others, hopefully Mayo will take note, and rectify this problem.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2018

Dr Kantarci made a lot of assumptions which he shared with his fellow, he said he knew what I had before he walked in ,by my MRI (HUGE red flag). He also congratulated my husband on his retirement (he's not, told Dr Kantarci twice) , referring to my husbands MRI, which he was not privy to (HIPPA violation ) as he must have viewed, but not spoken to my husbands Dr,, as my husbands Dr knew my husband was working and doing well. On my eval, if u want to call it that, he stated his MRI diagnosis for my spouse and stated he was "lucky" to be back at work. He did not listen ,and discounted any symptoms that didn't agree with his diagnosis. I felt badgered and had to listen to several lies of his. He said the physicians and radiologists that I had seen were wrong,(including a well know Neurologist I have worked with at Duke , covering rehab and clinics). He evaluated my gait nothing more, and said it confirmed (his incorrect) diagnosis, as he tried to convince me it was in my head. He is poor in his gait evaluations, is not honest and forthright , poor at reading X-rays and is the exception of unprofessionalism at Mayo. Everyone I have met , patients, individuals in the elevator, helpers etc were awesome!! This "physician" does not fit the gold standard of Mayo Treatment Centers. I feel sorry and will pray for his fellow, I pray for EMPATHY and the ability to LISTEN to patients, because one day THEY will be a patient, and they WILL know what it's like to be treated the way they have treated others. Hopefully sooner than later, so their patients will reap the benefits of their new found knowledge.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2018

Dr. Kantarci is very arrogant doesn't listen to his patients. He cut me off several time and dismissed most of my concerns. He has very little empathy and in my opinion he is one of the worst neurologist at Mayo !

flag | Submitted August 30, 2014

I was VERY impressed with this doctor. He did a thorough examination and spoke with me at length about what was happening with me. He was considerate of the fact that I had babies at home but traveled hundreds of miles to go to Mayo. He was able to confirm my illness (which was NOT MS), gave me a very accurate prognosis, and was very kind, understanding, and helpful.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2010

This doctor was the most rude, dismissive, arrogant, doctor I have every seen. Absolutely no empathy. He specializes in multiple sclerosis. Be careful or he might tell you that your brain looks like swiss cheese on your first visit for confirmation of the disease. He also spent much of the time talking about his own illnesses. How is that relevant to me? I would avoid him like the plague even though he is knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2009

This Doctor is very rude and will not listen to patient.Feel if you are over 65 there is nothing that can be done.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2006

Dr. Halit Kantarci's Credentials

• Istanbul Univ, Cerrahpasa Tip Fak, Istanbul, Turkey (Grad. 1993)

Healthnet