Ratings for Dr. James W. Gamble

I had a small gap between my front teeth and decided to look into veneers or crowns, upon research of prices I went to Dr Gamble for a consultation. I would like to stress that I had nothing wrong with my teeth, this consult was solely for cosmetic purposes. Dr Gamble suggested I have all of my front teeth crowned... He was very rough, left my gums in a mess from drilling off my teeth in order to crown them. Once I got my new teeth, I felt they looked bucked and they were a lot larger than my original teeth. 7 months later, I was having pizza at a local restaurant where one of the crowns broke completely off! There was no more than a tiny peg remaining! Horrified I rush to Dr Gamble's office the next morning, he examined my tooth and said "it happens, you need a bridge"... He gave me a numbing injection and came back 5 min later and drilled my other two crowns in the front off in order to make one big bridge! I left his office devestated and charged an additional 1800.00, less than 5 minutes from his office the temporary teeth fell off, so back to his office I went, where he glued them again. This time they stayed on for 3 hours. I went for a 2nd opinion with another dentist in anther town, he said that my teeth hand been ground too small and nothing would hold, not a bridge, nor a crown! Sadly I am now seeing a surgeon to do surgical implant on the broken tooth and have the other teeth that Dr Gamble crowned "rebuilt" . This error is costing me thousands of dollars! If you value your teeth, do not go to Dr Gamble!!!!

flag | Submitted August 3, 2017

My first visit I needed a root canal and 2 crowns. My crowns look like blobs they do not resemble teeth at all. He dropped a drill on my face and said gd it open ur mouth wider. He continued to cuss his assistant the whole time he worked on my teeth. Charged me 1800 and told me he couldn't do anymore work on my teeth til next year. By far my worst experience ever. He pulled my mouth so far apart it split the corner of my mouth.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2014

Very cheap but made up for it with very painful treatment! He did not numb the area well at all and was very unpersonable! He pulled 3 teeth and did not even stitch up the gum! I now have very deep "trench" in area and malformed gum! My worst experience ever!!!

flag | Submitted April 26, 2010