Ratings for Dr. Charles J. Ptak

I’m so pleased with my visits to Dr. Ptak. First, I needed oral surgery for an abscessed tooth. The procedure went well and my tooth was saved. After about three years the tooth gave me problems again so I went back and an implant was recommended. A notes regarding my current health was added to my file and the doctor discussed options with me. I decided an implant was the best way to go. This procedure involved multiple visits which went well with minimum discomfort. Dr. Ptak was aware I have arthritis in my neck and made sure I was comfortable. Post-Op instructions were provided and the doctor and his assistant made follow-up calls to make sure I was following them and feeling okay. It was a positive experience.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2013

I am not sure why there are so many negative reviews, but that was not my experience at all. First of all the receptionist and dental assistant Beata is very nice and caring. She is also the emergency contact for Doctor Ptak and I feel very comfortable calling her with any question that I might have. I had an apico and dental implant done about 6 months ago. I was very nervous about these procedures but both Doctor Ptak and Beata answered all of my questions thoroughly (and I probably asked about 100 questions). Once my procedure was done I was shocked about how minimal the discomfort was. Doctor Ptak did not attach the crown on my implant yet but so far I haven;t had an complications and it has been healing beautifully. I would definitely recommend Doctor Ptak.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2013

My two children and I had our wisdom teeth extracted by Dr. Ptak. I am pleased to say that my experience with Dr. Ptak and his office staff was extremely proficient and professional. Dr. Ptak and his assistant were very attentive and empathetic to the needs of my children and myself. The procedures were accomplished with a suprisingly minimal amount of discomfort.The post procedure healing process was problem free. What impressed me the most was that Dr. Ptak called me at home in the evening of the procedure to check on how my children were feeling.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2013

flag | Submitted March 26, 2012

rude, very unprofessional staff. Waste of time - door were locked when arrived for scheduled appointment needed to call office several times. They hang up on me screaming that I have to wait for 2 hours. Finally doctor opened the dooor still in rubber gloves, nasty, speach pressured and rapid saying I can stau=y in office but he dosen't know for how long.... went back to poor client, hope he at least change his gloves...

flag | Submitted October 5, 2011

Dr. Charles Ptak took out my wisdom teeth (all 4 at once). There were some complications during the surgery and nobody from Dr. Ptak's office told me about it after the surgery. I was told by my boyfriend (he was the one that brought me to the office and was waiting for me) that during the surgery I was screaming and the nurses didn't want to tell him what was going on with me. After the surgery when I was exsausted and not in a good condition, one of the nurses informed me that my boyfriend was rude to her and she doesn't want to speak to him anymore. I had a bad experience with this doctor and I wouldn't recommend him to anybody.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2010

Despicable. After a double extraction of wisdom teeth, I could clearly tell there was a problem. The trhrobbing pain was far more severe than previous oral surgeries, but when I complained to the Dr. and the nurses, they told me "I was being a baby." Fast forward two week, and I have a major infection in my face, causing me to lose 10 pounds, inflicting me with constant pain, and causing my mouth to be shut for almost the entire summer. An old, filthy dog is a frequent guest all over the office. This Dr. is borderline criminal.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2009

After some complication during a double extraction my wonderful dentist sent me to Mr.Ptak's office for a consultation. I got there about 10 minutes after the extraction. They left me in a chair bleeding and sore for an hour. Then additional xray was taken and doctor dissappeared for another hour. No pain medicine was offered to me, the nurses passed me several times NOT ONE asked if I was ok. The doctor showed up for few minutes every hour, I spent total over 2 hours, pretty much alone. Office is very messy, DIRTY and equipment very obsolete, covered in scotch tape & dust. I've noticed dry blood on some equipment. While I was sitting alone I heard the staff arguing, slamming doors, cursing!!!! It was the most horrible experience I've ever had with a doctor.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2008