Ratings for Dr. Brian J. Koos

My wife and I just left our 20 week ultrasound, and it was one of the worst experiences I've ever had. Dr. Koos is seemingly incapable of more than monosyllabic grunts, and he has a terrible bedside manner. I feel like I gained nothing from our appointment. The 'Doctor' seems utterly disinterested in being there, and even less interested in his patients or their well being. He made us very uncomfortable, and we don't have any of the information(measurements, gender, etc.) that we should have from this appointment.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2017

Long waiting times (9.00am appointment, 1.30pm ready!), every scheduled appointment re-scheduled. During conversation very distant, both me and my husband had not at all a good feeling - being a first time mom (and MD as well!), I guess I expected a little bit more... First and pretty much the only "caring" question was ''What can i do for you?''. But maybe he just does not feel comfortable having patients which are also physicians. I don''t know...

flag | Submitted February 4, 2008

This guys is a terrible doctor. He took over our care after my wife was diagnosed as high-risk due to possible pre-eclempsia. He gave ambiguous statements without explanations freaking my wife out to no end. Then he put her on bed rest and forgot about her. When she came to see him again, he was surprised she was still on bed rest atrophying and not working. His instantaneous diagnosis of pre-eclempsia turned out to be wrong, which he won't admit in the face of all evidence, instead citing a 'miracle'. As for paternalistic, I think he just has absolutely no social skills. When I first met him, he avoided looking me in the eye or even acknowledging me, instead focusing on my wife and then scurrying out of there.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2007

Paternalistic to the point of being controlling. My wife and I expected to be advised of the risks, benefits, and alternatives of our particularly difficult situation. He refused to answer any questions and told us what we would be doing. Appalling in this day and age.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2006

Dr. Brian J. Koos's Credentials

• Loma Linda University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1970)

HealthFirst