Dr. Keith Robert Edwards

Ratings for Dr. Keith Robert Edwards

Wow! This is one of the worst doctor/ office I have ever been to! When I got a copy of my office note- dr. Edwards said repeatedly the patient needs to quit smoking, I told the patient smoking will make MS symptoms worse- I DO NOT smoke! Made me do neuro psych testing at their office when I had just done a comprehensive five day neuro psych test done. If I didn't agree to do it again in their office, Dr Edwards wouldn't see me. Horribly long wait, dismissive of my treatment concerns, pressured me to do a treatment I wasn't comfortable with. Rude doctors, rude staff- not worth it!

flag | Submitted July 20, 2015

I found Dr. Edwards after reading good things about him. I traveled to see him for 6 weeks in a row, from 90 miles away. I found him knowledgeable, but curt. He does not like when I try to speak. He ended up walking out without even saying goodbye to me and cut me off because he has another patient. He insisted I have IV steroids for a month before starting Tysabri, which made me very ill. then the infusion nurse told me I needed Solu-cortef for the next 3 Tysabri treatments...Protocol, she said. I have found this to contradict what I have read and been told! He also started me on LDN at the same time as the steroids and his assistant is giving me a hard time about decreasing my dose. She is an R.N. and billed me separate from Dr. Edwards. MVP says she has herself listed as a Neurologist... She is NOT! I can't wait to get out of there! They are too busy for their own good. I can't even get a call back, I'm just another patient and lost in the shuffle!

flag | Submitted April 27, 2015

I've been seeing Dr. Edwards for over 10 years for my MS. I saw 2 other neurologists when I was first getting diagnosed, and neither of them listened to me; one of them told me "You have MS, there's not much you can do about it, I'll see you in a year." So I started seeing Dr. Edwards (when he was still in Vermont). He is patient, listens, and really understands MS. He informs me of all the treatments and research, and when I lost my insurance when I lost my job, he put me in a research study for a new medication which is now on the market. I have appointments a few times a year and can get in pretty quickly when I'm having an MS attack. Sometimes my appts. get rescheduled; apparently he goes to a lot of medical conferences out of town. And the office is small and sometimes chaotic. I like talking with other people who have MS in the IV room, though, and the nurses are nice. Dr. Edwards is one of the few neurologists who seems to CARE about MS and is very knowledgable.

flag | Submitted May 31, 2014

Do not waste your time on Dr. Edwards. I am 19 years old, and have been suffering from an assortment of symptoms since age 7. Dr. Edwards went out of his way to show me he would help me even if it meant sending me to Harvard Clinical Studies, but in the end he stopped seeing me with no notice given. I "exhausted" all of his resources. I'm completely taken aback at this, only because this is the first doctor I have ever believed. He let me down in every way a person could. I can barely walk, my arms are going numb, but above all else I'm in excruciating pain. To top it off his staff was rude from the beginning. They lied saying I needed to personally retrieve all my records from ALL the doctors I've seen and bring them in (My other doctors receptionist set them straight!), I arrived to two of my appts to find out they had been changed without notifying me. One receptionist even hung up on me. Do not go to doctor Edwards if you seek PROFESSIONAL attention.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2013

The office staff are very rude. Calls are never returned. The staff does not know what is going on in the office. They told me that my medicine wasn't in (i was already on my way to the office for the infusion, about 40 miles from my home), so i was getting ready to turn around to go back home and they called again. They said a "nurse" overheard the conversation and she said yes the medicine was here for me". What else are the screwing up???

flag | Submitted January 10, 2013

Dr Edwards is a specialisst in the treatment of MS and is an advocate for his patients. He is concerned, up to date on drug trials and all possible new treatments. He will discuss with you why he thinks a particular treatment is to your benefit and tries to give his patients whatever treatment he thinks will benefit them the most. I also like the fact that Dr Edwards is a member of the NewYork State Consortium on MS.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2012

Your list does not include my insurance, I am insured. I am a tremendous fan of Dr. Edwards. He is the best around. I appreciate his patience, his knowledge, and his willingness to really listen to a person. In my opinion he is MUCH better than the neurologist on the third floor of the same building.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2008

He misdiagnosed me and gave me intraveinous steriods which caused avascular necrosis in my joints. I also came down with diabetes, fatty liver and alot of weight gain. I was in terrible pain and he told me that it was because I was depressed when it was from what the steroids did to me. I wouldn't want my worst enemy to go to him. Thank you for this site.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2008

Has been treating my MS since 1982. Has been exceptional in explaining the disease, the treatments, side effects of medication, upcoming new treatments, etc. In my experience, there is no finer Neurologist.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2006

I have been seeing Dr Edwards for 4 years now and ill admit to not being the easiest patient! ;)) He has been caring and always open to information I may find or read about. There is nothing worse then a Dr that is closed to listen to their patient in my book. He has taken great care to not only address my brain and neuro issues (arnold chiari and geniculate neuralgia) but pays attention to my emotional well being as well. Kudos to Dr Edwards, hope your albany office is a great success too!

flag | Submitted October 23, 2006

Dr. Keith Robert Edwards's Credentials

• Duke Univ Sch Of Med, Durham Nc 27710 (Grad. 1973)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Latham, NY